Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... 18:57 - Sep 22 with 3448 viewsartsbossbeard

...the players today didn't step up. Pro footy players playing like they're in a training drill.

Shocking stuff, all round.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 18:59 - Sep 22 with 2928 viewsGarv

Some really simple things we're just not done, or done terribly.

Management take blame because they are their players, but I agree here.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 2923 viewsjudespiveyg

Not good enough obviously, but I'll give the team some credit in that it's always difficult to break down a team when they put 8,9,10 players behind the ball like Bolton did when they went down to ten.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

you make a good point.... on 19:30 - Sep 22 with 2767 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 19:00 - Sep 22 by judespiveyg

Not good enough obviously, but I'll give the team some credit in that it's always difficult to break down a team when they put 8,9,10 players behind the ball like Bolton did when they went down to ten.

Until the last 5 mins of the first half the players had let Hurst down, these are professional players in the second tier of English football?! Mis contorl, mis passing, stupid passes.

Albeit they seemed in desperate need of guidance from the bench in the second half

I'm not sure the red card, or the introduction of Walters (before he got injured), actually helped Town today.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 2747 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Shocking stuff? Oh really? Things like that were fully acceptable by you under McCarthy.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 19:35 - Sep 22 with 2716 viewsm14_blue

Yep, looks increasingly likely that you'll be proven right about PH but the players really haven't covered themselves in glory over the last few months.

Some just patently aren't good enough but we know that some of them are decent and they haven't stepped up in our time of need. Yet.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:54 - Sep 22 with 2592 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 19:32 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Shocking stuff? Oh really? Things like that were fully acceptable by you under McCarthy.

You've simply gone quite mad.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:56 - Sep 22 with 2569 viewspointofblue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:54 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Whilst calling for a manager's head on day one is the height of sanity.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 20:56]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:58 - Sep 22 with 2558 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:56 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

Whilst calling for a manager's head on day one is the height of sanity.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 20:56]

Not calling for his head, just realised that he's not up to the task.

I did the Braintree away game, in fairness. My doubts started then.

Login to get fewer ads

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:00 - Sep 22 with 2534 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:54 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Moreover you used to knock all those people who weren't happy with that kind of performances.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:03 - Sep 22 with 2517 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:00 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Moreover you used to knock all those people who weren't happy with that kind of performances.

In fairness, I've not seen anything to parallel today's abject display, ergo, I'm unable to make any comparison. See also, the first half on Tuesday.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:05 - Sep 22 with 2489 viewspointofblue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:03 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

In fairness, I've not seen anything to parallel today's abject display, ergo, I'm unable to make any comparison. See also, the first half on Tuesday.

Hull at home last season?

One of the issues with pre season was that.... on 21:05 - Sep 22 with 2491 viewsBloots

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 20:58 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Not calling for his head, just realised that he's not up to the task.

I did the Braintree away game, in fairness. My doubts started then.

....most of the fanbase had only seen the game against West Ham, where we did OK for about 20 minutes against a team that barely broke into a jog.

As you quite rightly say had they seen any more of the friendlies the concerns would have far more real.

I remember walking away from Barnet thinking that things weren't as positive as I'd hoped.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:06 - Sep 22 with 2490 viewstextbackup

long balls, no creativity, players out of position - much of that could have been a MM type showing, no doubt about that.

seen many many 0-0's at PR over the last 3 years where I wonder what the point in waking up to go after a night shift is.

but massively for me I seem to have not noticed it happen, but the youngsters we had have all disappeared. really disappointing that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:06 - Sep 22 with 2492 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:03 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Not seen anything?

So were all those below better:
- 0-1 in the FA Cup against reserve Sheffield Utd despite having failed to register a shot on target?
- 0-0 Burton
- 0-1 Cardiff
- 0-0 Sheffield Utd
- 0-3 Hull followed by his bizarre hysteria in the middle of the pitch and all was fans' fault

How many shots on target did we have in these games?
More than we had today. (n/t) on 21:08 - Sep 22 with 2469 viewsBloots

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:06 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not seen anything?

- 0-1 in the FA Cup against reserve Sheffield Utd despite having failed to register a shot on target?
- 0-0 Burton
- 0-1 Cardiff
- 0-0 Sheffield Utd
- 0-3 Hull followed by his bizarre hysteria in the middle of the pitch and all was fans' fault

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:10 - Sep 22 with 2453 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:06 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not seen anything?

- 0-0 Burton
- 0-1 Cardiff
- 0-0 Sheffield Utd

As I mentioned earlier, I feel you've finally gone mad but I'll play along.

Q: How many of the games listed did the AWAY team play with 10 men for most of the game. In a must win type scenario. And register no shots on target.

Go on, face facts. Your blind hatred of all things Mick has finally pushed you too far. Stay off the sherry.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2445 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:06 - Sep 22 by textbackup

long balls, no creativity, players out of position - much of that could have been a MM type showing, no doubt about that.

seen many many 0-0's at PR over the last 3 years where I wonder what the point in waking up to go after a night shift is.

but massively for me I seem to have not noticed it happen, but the youngsters we had have all disappeared. really disappointing that

'seen many many 0-0's at PR over the last 3 years where I wonder what the point in waking up to go after a night shift is. '

Everything somehow was fine for certain brigade. All of sudden first half of the Brentford game and todays match becomes a reason to moan for them.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:13 - Sep 22 with 2433 viewslongtimefan

Not seen anything?

- 0-0 Burton
- 0-1 Cardiff
- 0-0 Sheffield Utd

Don’t have access to shots on target for those matches but today we managed a grand total of 2, both free kicks! So that’s no shots on target from open play against 10 men for a half
Have you actually looked.... on 21:15 - Sep 22 with 2407 viewsBloots

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:11 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

'seen many many 0-0's at PR over the last 3 years where I wonder what the point in waking up to go after a night shift is. '

Everything somehow was fine for certain brigade. All of sudden first half of the Brentford game and todays match becomes a reason to moan for them.

....at the league table?

You do know that we have scored 6 goals all season don't you?

You do know that we haven't won a match all season don't you?

Wake up sunshine.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:16 - Sep 22 with 2398 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:10 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Q: How many of the games listed did the AWAY team play with 10 men for most of the game. In a must win type scenario. And register no shots on target.

Go on, face facts. Your blind hatred of all things Mick has finally pushed you too far. Stay off the sherry.

My hatred of all things McCarthy has nothing to do with that. Easy for you to turn into that when you are unable to cope with the facts. Loads of poor performances in the last couple of seasons were never a problem for you.

And you were like a bellend towards angry/upset TWTD fans under him...... today though the kind of performance where we fail to threaten an opponent somehow 'upsets' you.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:17 - Sep 22 with 2393 viewsSarge

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:10 - Sep 22 by artsbossbeard

Every game is a must win scenario. Those games were diabolical, as was today. To deny either is stupid. A bit of balance never hurt anyone.
Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:19 - Sep 22 with 2370 viewsLeagueOne

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's done very poorly here and is looking like our worst ever manager and that is saying something. He didn't start with a great squad before he chopped and changed it around but he's taken a pretty naff team and turned it into total garbage - and the football is atrocious too, makes Mick's stuff look like Inter at times.

He won't likely last past Christmas.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:19 - Sep 22 with 2370 viewspointofblue

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:13 - Sep 22 by longtimefan

Don’t have access to shots on target for those matches but today we managed a grand total of 2, both free kicks! So that’s no shots on target from open play against 10 men for a half

Shots on target v relegation threatened Hull when we desperately needed the points for a Play Off charge? Two.

The 0-0 draw against Sheffield United the weekend before? Two again.
Burton back in February? One.
Sheffield United in the Cup? None.
1-0 defeat to Cardiff? One.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:30 - Sep 22 with 2323 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:16 - Sep 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

My hatred of all things McCarthy has nothing to do with that. Easy for you to turn into that when you are unable to cope with the facts. Loads of poor performances in the last couple of seasons were never a problem for you.

And you were like a bellend towards angry/upset TWTD fans under him...... today though the kind of performance where we fail to threaten an opponent somehow 'upsets' you.

I'm deflated because today I could see that the team aren't buying into what the manager is asking. That's a big, big issue and goes far beyond whether I think PH is up to the task or if we're now in a better position since MM's departure.

Whilst I've called the manager out from day 1... on 21:34 - Sep 22 with 2288 viewsjudespiveyg

The game against Cardiff when Bamba went mad. Never easy to beat 9 man defences. See every England game.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024