Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I quite like Nolan 20:18 - Sep 22 with 2298 viewsthebooks

In that he could offer something we need: some guile and angles in midfield. He's an elegant looking player.

He got stick today, but I thought he improved after a sloppy start and started to knit things together a little. I fear he'll become the target for all our disatisfaction.

He'd maybe be a good signing if was introduced a bit more slowly, maybe with 2 or 3 other new younger players. But when he's in the middle of a sheissestorm like this, it must be tough for him.
I quite like Nolan on 20:25 - Sep 22 with 2267 viewsRegencyBlue

I thought he played well in the second half against Brentford. Other than that I’ve been unimpressed to be honest.
I quite like Nolan on 20:35 - Sep 22 with 2231 viewsericclacton

You are probably blind.
I quite like Nolan on 20:36 - Sep 22 with 2209 viewsDeano69

I really want him to be that player, but sadly can’t see it. Been a bit of a disappointment for me. Pains me to say it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I quite like Nolan on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 2159 viewsHarry_Palmer

Based on what we have seen so far he just does not look good enough for the championship i'm afraid.

You cannot play the role he does and be so ineffective in the final third. Very one paced, not particularly skilful, lacking in strength. He just doesn't look like he is ever going to create a goal, let alone score one.
I quite like Nolan on 20:53 - Sep 22 with 2143 views3_5_2

He couldn't hit a cows arse with a baseball bat

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I quite like Nolan on 21:08 - Sep 22 with 2081 viewsgordon

Can't see it. He's got a decent touch and takes up nice positions between the lines. But ultimately he flatters to deceive, finishing looks poor, slow and lightweight.

Probably one of the worst of the new signings - in 4-2-3-1 the central attacking midfielder and striker are the two most important positions, and we've basically taken punts on players who don't look close to being good enough.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:08]
I quite like Nolan on 21:57 - Sep 22 with 1999 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm sorry but he is fken useless.

May aswell have signed Bullard again. Although bully prob would do better.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I quite like Nolan on 21:58 - Sep 22 with 1992 viewsReuser_is_God

He was poor today.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

I quite like Nolan on 22:03 - Sep 22 with 1960 viewsgt81

Nolan's a strange one, prior to signing him all the signs pointed to a player that had all the attributes to make the step up, perhaps more so than any of the other players we signed from the lower leagues.

I'm also surprised he's struggling as you'd think having played under Hurst before that he'd be one of our more clued-up performers
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 22:16]
I quite like Nolan on 22:34 - Sep 22 with 1887 viewsVaughan8

Only seen the Norwich game, but he looked clueless and certainly has to take some blame for their goal.

From other reports it looks like he offers not a lot. Either everyone else is wrong, or you are.
I quite like Nolan on 23:00 - Sep 22 with 1832 viewsPilgrimblue

I quite like Nolan on 22:34 - Sep 22 by Vaughan8

Only seen the Norwich game, but he looked clueless and certainly has to take some blame for their goal.

From other reports it looks like he offers not a lot. Either everyone else is wrong, or you are.

For me he's a poor mans Woods. He had plenty of opportunities but failed to deliver and is very weak in 50/50s .
He saw lots of the ball in second half but didn't deliver. Plus his shooting is very poor so can only assume that he's finding it too much at this level.
I quite like Nolan on 23:23 - Sep 22 with 1784 viewsdoctorbuzz

Very ordinary no penetration master of the meaningless 5 yard ball.
I quite like Nolan on 23:26 - Sep 22 with 1776 viewsipswich93

I quite like Nolan on 23:23 - Sep 22 by doctorbuzz

Very ordinary no penetration master of the meaningless 5 yard ball.

When you see him with Shrewsbury he was making these surging runs into the box with the ball dynamic forward thinking but like us as a side atm it’s all too slow and predictable atm
I quite like Nolan on 23:58 - Sep 22 with 1711 viewspistonbroke

Awful player way out of his depth , a 50% Huws would offer far more than that awful player does , Nolan offers nothing and is not championship standard
I quite like Nolan on 07:29 - Sep 23 with 1564 viewsronnyblue

All he has to offer is his friendship with Hurst! Other than that he is not a player capable of doing anything in this league. Hurst is so far out of his depth! If Evans was worried about attendance and income with Mccarthy he will be even more worried about them with us being relegated. Hurst has not got the skills to be able to manage quality players as proven by the way he has dealt with the squad left by Mccarthy!
I quite like Nolan on 07:41 - Sep 23 with 1536 viewsthebooks

I, erm, guess I'm in a minority of one here then which, tbf, was how it sounded at the match yesterday.

To qualify it a bit, he's the *kind* of player we've been lacking recently. Maybe, if he was introduced in a slightly less change-everything-at-once way, it might have worked better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024