Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... 20:42 - Sep 22 with 3916 viewsm14_blue

We should have been careful what we wished for?

I knew it would be tough post Mick but I didn't realise it would be quite so joyless.

An even more divided fanbase, just as many annoying idiots posting on here, and a pretty terrible football team to boot.

I know the subsequent troubles don't necessarily mean we were wrong to get rid of Mick but you have to wonder.
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:13 - Sep 22 with 3845 viewsSwn98

You got what you wished for now we all have to suffer utter rubbish.
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:16 - Sep 22 with 3831 viewsm14_blue

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:13 - Sep 22 by Swn98

You got what you wished for now we all have to suffer utter rubbish.

Hey, I liked Mick.

Admittedly I thought it was probably time for a change but I think it's a bit harsh to pin the blame for our current situation on my quiet and sporadic disgruntlement last season....
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:51 - Sep 22 with 3769 viewsgt81

The phrase "be careful what you wish for" is just an expression of hindsight bias.

Nobody wished we were as bad as we are currently, nor could anyone have foreseen it would be what it is now. If we had any aspiration of moving forward, keeping Mick would've been a sunk cost.

That said, errors in judgement are clearly still being made at the club, the question is, who will see it right?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:58]
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:54 - Sep 22 with 3759 viewsRegencyBlue

Removing MM was the correct decision.

Whether the appointment of his successor was the correct decision however is open for debate at the moment!
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:54 - Sep 22 with 3758 viewsStokieBlue

Not really.

MM did a good job with limited resources.

It was turgid though and it drove people away. It's not wrong to aspire to something better rather than be comfortable in the present.

It doesn't always work out, it hasn't thus far and it might not with Hurst. That doesn't make it the wrong decision to move on from MM's tenure.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

well said on 22:08 - Sep 22 with 3693 viewsunstableblue

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:54 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

Not really.

It was turgid though and it drove people away. It's not wrong to aspire to something better rather than be comfortable in the present.

It doesn't always work out, it hasn't thus far and it might not with Hurst. That doesn't make it the wrong decision to move on from MM's tenure.

SB

Real danger people are forgetting just how bad the football and performances were for the majority of last year, and the season before, and just how turgid a visit to Portman Road had become.

It's silly talking about mick in the context of Hurst.

Mick had completely lost the majority of the fan base and had to go.

Hurst was a gamble and there's still a chance it will pay off... but looks worrying. Despite some of the new players showing promise... and include Nolan in that.

I note Jack Ross had a good win with Sunderland.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

agree with all that on 22:12 - Sep 22 with 3677 viewspositivity

well said on 22:08 - Sep 22 by unstableblue

Real danger people are forgetting just how bad the football and performances were for the majority of last year, and the season before, and just how turgid a visit to Portman Road had become.

It's silly talking about mick in the context of Hurst.

Mick had completely lost the majority of the fan base and had to go.

Hurst was a gamble and there's still a chance it will pay off... but looks worrying. Despite some of the new players showing promise... and include Nolan in that.

I note Jack Ross had a good win with Sunderland.

but "I note Jack Ross had a good win with Sunderland."...
hurst got shrewsbury to 3rd in league one with far less resources, so we can't say ross would've been a better choice on that basis!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 22:19 - Sep 22 with 3639 viewsGarv

No chance. Changing manager was no guarantee of success, but sometimes you have to take a risk. We were trundling among a path of dullness. If this new method had worked it would have looked brilliant, it hasn't so far, but no one knew either way before we made the decision.

Should our primary objective after 17 years in the same league to be to just stay in it while playing crap football?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 22:24 - Sep 22 with 3603 viewsRyorry

No. It was clearly time for MM to go.

Having a bad start this season doesn't alter the past.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 22:25]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

agree with all that on 22:27 - Sep 22 with 3592 viewsGuthrum

agree with all that on 22:12 - Sep 22 by positivity

but "I note Jack Ross had a good win with Sunderland."...
hurst got shrewsbury to 3rd in league one with far less resources, so we can't say ross would've been a better choice on that basis!

Sunderland are also by far the largest and best-funded team in League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 22:33 - Sep 22 with 3567 viewsVaughan8

As o have seen other people say, parting ways with Mick was the right decision, its whether Hurst is the right man.

The fact we have 2 shots on target against Bolton at home with 10 men for 60 mins is worrying.
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 23:00 - Sep 22 with 3499 viewsdoctorbuzz

Because of your lack of football knowledge you lot got Mick the sack , thought Hurst was the Messiah whereas he's the emperor without his clothes on . You don't realise that Mick out performed his budget made great loan signings and brought the youngster on but you called him a dinosaur. Now because of that I've got to sit through this toilet for the rest of the season.
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 23:40 - Sep 22 with 3432 viewsJohnny_Boy

Okay. I'll be the one to bite & discard all the MM stiffy pleasantries.

His time had come to a merciful end.

Anybody now crying for his return is a glutton for prehistoric punishment.
The fact he's not currently in work right now can safely be attributed to his bridge-burning with the fans & his unapologetic sourness of it all. I genuinely believe that's scuppered his employment chances.

What chairperson wants a thoroughly divisive & corrosive person at their club to dwindle any fan support? Not many.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 6:51]
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 00:00 - Sep 23 with 3365 viewsBent_double

Look at Wolves now.

Do you think their fans who were happy to see the back of him 6yrs ago could possibly imagine the journey they would go on, and where they've ended up now?

They suffered the pain of double relegation and have gone through a succession of managers to get to where they are now - and yes, the £30-odd million spend on quality players helped - none of us know whether it will click with PH and we'll win the next 5 games, or whether he'll be sacked on Monday morning.

There's no point going over old ground, we are where we are and the only way is forward....and up, hopefully.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 00:07 - Sep 23 with 3342 viewsHARRY10

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 21:51 - Sep 22 by gt81

The phrase "be careful what you wish for" is just an expression of hindsight bias.

Nobody wished we were as bad as we are currently, nor could anyone have foreseen it would be what it is now. If we had any aspiration of moving forward, keeping Mick would've been a sunk cost.

That said, errors in judgement are clearly still being made at the club, the question is, who will see it right?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 21:58]

"errors in judgement are clearly still being made at the club"

that's a relieve as I thought it was mistakes being made
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 00:12 - Sep 23 with 3330 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Not really.

SB

That’s an excellent post Stokie.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 00:52 - Sep 23 with 3270 viewsHorseboy

Evans is taking us down, no one else
agree with all that on 07:55 - Sep 23 with 3138 viewsJohnny_Boy

agree with all that on 22:27 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

Sunderland are also by far the largest and best-funded team in League One.

But that all counts for nothing if the manager is cack.
Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 08:15 - Sep 23 with 3087 viewshampstead_blue

Not really.

SB

Spot on.

Hurst is a risk and Evans stated in his public interview that the club is 'going to try something new'.

I'm seeing this as the classic economic J curve.
Hurst is way out of his comfort zone. He knows it.

What's important is how he reacts. That shows how bright and adaptable he is. We will know soon enough is he can swim.

Let's call it 'aptitude training'.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 09:30 - Sep 23 with 2958 viewsgt81

Is anyone else beginning to worry that... on 23:00 - Sep 22 by doctorbuzz

Because of your lack of football knowledge you lot got Mick the sack , thought Hurst was the Messiah whereas he's the emperor without his clothes on . You don't realise that Mick out performed his budget made great loan signings and brought the youngster on but you called him a dinosaur. Now because of that I've got to sit through this toilet for the rest of the season.

You poor baby.

Inform us who's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to invest in this dreck?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024