Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it close to being a penalty? 21:12 - Sep 22 with 2079 views3_5_2

No-one has suggested it on here and I was too far away to be sure but the crowd seemed to think " penalty / sending off" initially

Anyone in line with it?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:15 - Sep 22 with 2059 viewsartsbossbeard

Yep, in line.

Def out of the area.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:16 - Sep 22 with 2061 viewsEly_Blue

Sat almost in line with it from behind the goal in SARL and it was touch and go, if you looked at the marks on the pitch it was borderline on the outside, having said that the ref did blow his whistle and then look over to his Lino to check before he gave the FK rather than the penalty so that would suggest he asked someone who was in line

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:19 - Sep 22 with 2042 viewshoppy

Must admit, it looked it to me, from behind that goal, on that same side of the area, and from what I saw in Legends on the highlights, I also thought it was, but I only saw that once too without giving it my full attention.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:20 - Sep 22 with 2034 viewsRonFearonsHair

Jackson's shirt was being pulled well outside the area so I wasn't expecting a penalty.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:20 - Sep 22 with 2030 viewspatrickswell

Jackson fell in the area, the official gave it I think from when contact was first made, which was outside. I wish he’d given a penalty, though I suspect given our present malaise, we’d have missed it.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:22 - Sep 22 with 2015 views3_5_2

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:19 - Sep 22 by hoppy

Must admit, it looked it to me, from behind that goal, on that same side of the area, and from what I saw in Legends on the highlights, I also thought it was, but I only saw that once too without giving it my full attention.

The joy of the red was quickly followed by the disappointment of not getting a penalty

We never seemed to recover the momentum after that

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:24 - Sep 22 with 2002 viewslongtimefan

The foul definitely begun outside the box but I think it carried on towards the edge of the area and could have been argued to have continued into the box. These was certainly contact a lot closer to the area than the position thee free kick was given.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:25 - Sep 22 with 2002 viewsEly_Blue

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:19 - Sep 22 by hoppy

You must sit fairly close to where we are.

Did you hear the guy at 45 minutes when they gave 3 mins of added time shout out something along the lines of “nooo not 3 minutes, not another 3 minutes.......”

Login to get fewer ads

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:25 - Sep 22 with 1998 viewsCoastalblue

I actually thought it was a pen when given, then had the horror of thinking about who was going to take and miss it. I almost felt relieved when I realised it was a fk.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:30 - Sep 22 with 1975 viewshoppy

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:25 - Sep 22 by Ely_Blue

Did you hear the guy at 45 minutes when they gave 3 mins of added time shout out something along the lines of “nooo not 3 minutes, not another 3 minutes.......”

We’re just near the top of the steps up from the concourse, to the right.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:33 - Sep 22 with 1962 viewslongtimefan

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:25 - Sep 22 by Ely_Blue

I heard that
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:35 - Sep 22 with 1947 viewsEly_Blue

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:33 - Sep 22 by longtimefan

I heard that

Funniest moment of the afternoon

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:41 - Sep 22 with 1905 viewsjas0999

Outside the area. Def sending off.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:46 - Sep 22 with 1888 viewslongtimefan

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:41 - Sep 22 by jas0999

Outside the area. Def sending off.

I’d have rather it a penalty and a yellow! Though it would have still been a red in the area as it wouldn’t have been classed as a legitimate attempt to play the ball.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:49 - Sep 22 with 1884 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:46 - Sep 22 by longtimefan

I’d have rather it a penalty and a yellow! Though it would have still been a red in the area as it wouldn’t have been classed as a legitimate attempt to play the ball.

Was defo outside the area, but a clear push and foul. However, in the run up to it, Ward took the ball out of play, and the Lino missed it....so we had a bit of luck there....but couldn't take advantage

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:56 - Sep 22 with 1855 viewslongtimefan

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:49 - Sep 22 by BlueyandCrazy

Was defo outside the area, but a clear push and foul. However, in the run up to it, Ward took the ball out of play, and the Lino missed it....so we had a bit of luck there....but couldn't take advantage

I thought Ward took it over the line too. He was between the ball and the assistant though, so maybe the assistant couldn’t see.
Was it close to being a penalty? on 23:23 - Sep 22 with 1713 viewsEly_Blue

Was it close to being a penalty? on 21:56 - Sep 22 by longtimefan

I thought Ward took it over the line too. He was between the ball and the assistant though, so maybe the assistant couldn’t see.

I too thought it looked like Ward took the ball out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024