Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hands up if you booed yesterday 08:12 - Sep 23 with 7053 viewsKeaneish

Last season it got pelters on here, a crime, how dare it be so at our leniant family club. It's not got a mention this weekend or in midweek. How come? Is it acceptable now?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 3980 viewsstantheman

I can say I have never booed my team. Yesterday was the first time I have ever walked out early though.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 3963 viewspatrickswell

I did. What you heard at full time yesterday was the sound of a fanbase’s goodwill evaporating at the realisation that our new era has led to a poor side and for the third time in four appointments, a duffer in the dug-out. There’s no dressing it up, Hurst has bungled this horribly at every level.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:29 - Sep 23 with 3963 viewsSarge

No. I wouldn’t boo my team if we were 10-0 down against Norwich. Don’t see what it achieves, the players already know they didn’t play well.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:31 - Sep 23 with 3953 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only in my mind.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:36 - Sep 23 with 3927 viewspointofblue

Last year, for all their difficulties and limitations, at least the players looked like they were trying, save for perhaps Hull at home.

Yesterday it looked like over half the side couldn’t be bothered from the way they were playing. Struggle with quality by all means but not with effort.

Saying that I didn’t boo.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:48 - Sep 23 with 3899 viewsjasondozzell

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:36 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

Last year, for all their difficulties and limitations, at least the players looked like they were trying, save for perhaps Hull at home.

Yesterday it looked like over half the side couldn’t be bothered from the way they were playing. Struggle with quality by all means but not with effort.

Saying that I didn’t boo.

Such a lazy comment - 'they looked as if they couldn't be bothered'. Who did? Jackson who ran his legs off again? Pennington who was v committed? Edwards tracking back and taking on man going forward?
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:51 - Sep 23 with 3879 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:31 - Sep 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Only in my mind.

Which is where it should stay innit. I’ve never seen how booing is supposed to help, or make watching any more enjoyable.

Maybe I’ll try it when the kids do piano practice later to see if it helps!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:54 - Sep 23 with 3871 viewsBluebell

Not many people booed. Although the group in the SBR lower near me who were very vociferous about Mick last season were booing yesterday. They really ought to make their minds up!

I, personally, would never boo the team. I don't see it is their fault that the manager picks the wrong players and then the wrong substitutions.

I want my Ipswich back.
Login to get fewer ads

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:09 - Sep 23 with 3839 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:51 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

Which is where it should stay innit. I’ve never seen how booing is supposed to help, or make watching any more enjoyable.

Maybe I’ll try it when the kids do piano practice later to see if it helps!

There was a father and son hard man act in SBRL yesterday having it out with a young lad who had pointed out to them that Skuse was not the "#@/$ w#@^er" they claimed with joy as he was substituted. You just know that they were booing MM last season as they now are Hurst. That's two I would happily add to the no show list this season as their only motive for being there is to 'impress' their small group of mates with their ignorance.

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:13 - Sep 23 with 3820 viewspointofblue

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:48 - Sep 23 by jasondozzell

Such a lazy comment - 'they looked as if they couldn't be bothered'. Who did? Jackson who ran his legs off again? Pennington who was v committed? Edwards tracking back and taking on man going forward?

Chambers and Skuse played their backsides off, Gerken did nothing wrong... otherwise, other than in short bursts, it felt like the players were simply going through the motions. Considering Bolton were down to ten and hardly the best team in the league we should have had them on toast. The finger cannot and should not purely be pointed at Hurst because we didn’t.

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:14 - Sep 23 with 3814 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:54 - Sep 23 by Bluebell

Not many people booed. Although the group in the SBR lower near me who were very vociferous about Mick last season were booing yesterday. They really ought to make their minds up!

I, personally, would never boo the team. I don't see it is their fault that the manager picks the wrong players and then the wrong substitutions.

I want my Ipswich back.

Area 4/5?

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:21 - Sep 23 with 3787 viewslongtimefan

Never have booed, never will and don’t approve of it. I can’t really understand what people think it achieves. However, I think there’s a big difference between a short chorus at the end of the match as opposed to during the match. The later really does get my goat
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:22 - Sep 23 with 3780 viewspointofblue

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:21 - Sep 23 by longtimefan

Never have booed, never will and don’t approve of it. I can’t really understand what people think it achieves. However, I think there’s a big difference between a short chorus at the end of the match as opposed to during the match. The later really does get my goat

I thought the booing in the first half against Brentford was horrific and ridiculous. Actually credit to Hurst for changing things and picking up the performance side from that being confidence must have been rock bottom at that point.

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:29 - Sep 23 with 3737 viewsBerlinBlue

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:28 - Sep 23 by patrickswell

I did. What you heard at full time yesterday was the sound of a fanbase’s goodwill evaporating at the realisation that our new era has led to a poor side and for the third time in four appointments, a duffer in the dug-out. There’s no dressing it up, Hurst has bungled this horribly at every level.

A bungling duffer? Ridiculous statement. What kind of message does booing send to PH and the players so early in his tenure? That could backfire pretty spectacularly.

Fans who are doing this should grow up and do what they're supposed to do. Support.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 3716 viewsreusersfreekicks

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 10:28 - Sep 23 by patrickswell

Never, never boo your team
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:06 - Sep 23 with 3652 viewspatrickswell

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:33 - Sep 23 by reusersfreekicks

Never, never boo your team

If they deserved to be booed as they did yesterday, then they should be booed. We had a great opportunity to get a first win under our belt yesterday - and they bottled it.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:09 - Sep 23 with 3640 viewspatrickswell

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:29 - Sep 23 by BerlinBlue

A bungling duffer? Ridiculous statement. What kind of message does booing send to PH and the players so early in his tenure? That could backfire pretty spectacularly.

Fans who are doing this should grow up and do what they're supposed to do. Support.

The message it should send to Hurst is fix this up or fk off. His natural level may be League One but don’t drag my football club down to it with you.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:15 - Sep 23 with 3613 viewsSwn98

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:13 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

Chambers and Skuse played their backsides off, Gerken did nothing wrong... otherwise, other than in short bursts, it felt like the players were simply going through the motions. Considering Bolton were down to ten and hardly the best team in the league we should have had them on toast. The finger cannot and should not purely be pointed at Hurst because we didn’t.

Going through the motions perhaps they are not capable of any better at this level?
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:37 - Sep 23 with 3537 viewsTaricco_Fan

Nope, never booed the team off and wasn't going to start yesterday. I applauded the players that came to applaud the fans and will continue to do so. We're in a serious predicament and Hurst needs to get a grip on things quick, but creating a toxic atmosphere for players who, to me, look very low on confidence really isn't going to help. We may not have won a game but we are also yet to lose at Portman Road so let's not make it a place our own players fear.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:44 - Sep 23 with 3505 viewscharlie1

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:22 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

I thought the booing in the first half against Brentford was horrific and ridiculous. Actually credit to Hurst for changing things and picking up the performance side from that being confidence must have been rock bottom at that point.

As the booing in the first half at Brentford caused Hurst to change things for the better shouldn’t we all have to bow down to the boo-ers and thank them for being the catalyst for change?

Without their brave stance the second half would have continued in the same vein.

Heroes, every last one of them. Apparently.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:49 - Sep 23 with 3490 viewsBerlinBlue

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:09 - Sep 23 by patrickswell

The message it should send to Hurst is fix this up or fk off. His natural level may be League One but don’t drag my football club down to it with you.

No, the only message it sends to him is that there are some astoundingly impatient and short-sighted fans among our fanbase who are going to make life hell for him.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 13:08 - Sep 23 with 3442 viewsBlueorder

Booing is for the panto.
Hands up if you booed yesterday on 13:08 - Sep 23 with 3435 viewsRyorry

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 11:13 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

So that's at least 6 players mentioned in this thread alone, never mind other threads, who are described as having "worked their backsides off" or "done nothing wrong".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 13:10 - Sep 23 with 3430 viewsRyorry

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 12:09 - Sep 23 by patrickswell

Didn't you used to be a sensible poster, or did I imagine it?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hands up if you booed yesterday on 13:13 - Sep 23 with 3416 viewsjas0999

Nothing has changed for me. I didn’t boo, never have and have no intention of ever doing so.

Equally, it’s no ones place to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn’t do. Folk pay their money and are entitled to voice their dissatisfaction. I don’t agree with it, but folk are entitled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024