Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears 11:17 - Sep 23 with 5524 viewsGarv

We know he's underperformed for the last year or two but surely he is worth a spot on the bench?

We were struggling to even put a dangerous cross into the box yesterday and while he's not Beckham, Sears can cross a half decent ball.

When you've got Walters who a few days ago the manager said was unlikely to play, on the bench instead of him, add to that Harrison who has contributed nothing, it looks horribly bleak for Freddie.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sears on 11:21 - Sep 23 with 5483 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

One or the other!

..........agree.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sears on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 5442 viewsclive_baker

I'm not his biggest fan, but given how toothless we look and lacking in creativity I do think it's a little harsh that he's been frozen out. Clearly his face doesn't fit with Hurst.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sears on 11:38 - Sep 23 with 5415 viewsPendejo

Just guessing, but with the exception of Walters, surely Sears has scored more Championship goals than the rest of the squad put together. That alone surely puts him in the frame. Ended last season with 2 goals in 2 games.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sears on 11:55 - Sep 23 with 5359 viewscobbolds

Hang in there Freddie, this won’t go on.

Sears on 12:03 - Sep 23 with 5326 viewspointofblue

Sears is one of those players who gets better and better when he isn’t playing. Then he gets picked and we remember why he wasn’t in the squad to start with.

In one breath fans are advocating sticking with a team and formation to grow partnerships and understanding yet with the other want to arbitary bring in players from the cold.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sears on 12:29 - Sep 23 with 5258 viewsGarv

Sears on 12:03 - Sep 23 by pointofblue

Sears is one of those players who gets better and better when he isn’t playing. Then he gets picked and we remember why he wasn’t in the squad to start with.

In one breath fans are advocating sticking with a team and formation to grow partnerships and understanding yet with the other want to arbitary bring in players from the cold.

Well while we have zero goal threat and no one providing any ammunition, I think its fair to suggest at least involving an attacking player.

I get that he needs to settle on a team and I'm not suggesting he starts Sears, but yesterday if you'd given me a choice of Sears or Harrison to come on I know who I would have gone for. Trouble is Hurst will lose face if he drops a signing he paid money for out of the squad.

Remember Sears made a half decent start to his season providing the first assist. To think he's not even a squad player for a team bottom or the Championship is harsh I think.

Sears on 12:42 - Sep 23 with 5203 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sears on 12:29 - Sep 23 by Garv

Well while we have zero goal threat and no one providing any ammunition, I think its fair to suggest at least involving an attacking player.

I get that he needs to settle on a team and I'm not suggesting he starts Sears, but yesterday if you'd given me a choice of Sears or Harrison to come on I know who I would have gone for. Trouble is Hurst will lose face if he drops a signing he paid money for out of the squad.

Remember Sears made a half decent start to his season providing the first assist. To think he's not even a squad player for a team bottom or the Championship is harsh I think.

We didn't have a striker on the bench on Tuesday. That, for me, is unforgivable.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sears on 12:49 - Sep 23 with 5177 viewsGarv

Sears on 12:42 - Sep 23 by BrixtonBlue

We didn't have a striker on the bench on Tuesday. That, for me, is unforgivable.

Hadn't noticed that. It is strange.

Login to get fewer ads

Sears on 14:14 - Sep 23 with 5075 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Agree 100%. He's much better than Jackson and Harrison, mind you so are Follami and Morris from what ive seen of them too! Clearly that doesn't fit with PH's thinking having blown much of the Waghorn cash on two inferior replacements.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Sears on 18:38 - Sep 23 with 4868 viewsWestSussexBlue

Works hard for the team, Has pace and more importantly has bags of championship experience.
Played well in the Blackburn game.
I’d prefer to see him the squad at least.
Sears on 18:46 - Sep 23 with 4846 viewshaughleyblue74

Found form under klug when played in his favoured position
Sears on 19:00 - Sep 23 with 4816 viewsbraveblue

He is not any better and does not have the potential.
Sears on 19:30 - Sep 23 with 4785 viewsKeaneish

Sears on 11:33 - Sep 23 by clive_baker

I'm not his biggest fan, but given how toothless we look and lacking in creativity I do think it's a little harsh that he's been frozen out. Clearly his face doesn't fit with Hurst.

Which is surprising right? He's always worked hard which Hurst clearly likes. Plus he stuck a great cross in against Blackburn for Edwards goal. Looks like Hurst wants wide players who can beat a man which isn't Freddie's forte.

Freddie in behind the striker might be a more interesting option though. He can score, he's proven it. I'd give him a run for sure.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Sears on 19:30 - Sep 23 with 4784 viewsTractorgirlforever

I totally agree freddie should be in the squad..in the starting 11 in my opinion..he has loads to offer and he would really shine at the moment with alot of new players around him. Hope he gets a chance soon
Sears on 19:38 - Sep 23 with 4754 viewsSuperblue95

Sears on 19:30 - Sep 23 by Tractorgirlforever

I totally agree freddie should be in the squad..in the starting 11 in my opinion..he has loads to offer and he would really shine at the moment with alot of new players around him. Hope he gets a chance soon

"He has loads to offer"

Like what? Genuine question by the way

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sears on 20:07 - Sep 23 with 4698 viewsTractorgirlforever

Sears on 19:38 - Sep 23 by Superblue95

"He has loads to offer"

Hes good on the ball..can beat players, he has a good footballing brain ,knows when to play the decisive pass..and with a bit of confidence he will score us some goals
Sears on 20:27 - Sep 23 with 4666 viewstextbackup

lol, things must be bad when fans are begging for the inclusion of bloody Freddie sears, the man that's been so poor for 3/4 years that he was seen as just a runner/great lad/laughed about on here.

lost count of the number of our players that get better when they don't play

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sears on 20:36 - Sep 23 with 4634 viewsTractorWood

Sears on 20:07 - Sep 23 by Tractorgirlforever

Hes good on the ball..can beat players, he has a good footballing brain ,knows when to play the decisive pass..and with a bit of confidence he will score us some goals

He's effective against tired defences playing on the shoulder of the last man. That's where he was best under MM.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sears on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 4615 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sears on 19:38 - Sep 23 by Superblue95

"He has loads to offer"

Experience at this level, something which is clearly lacking.
Sears on 20:55 - Sep 23 with 4592 viewsSuperblue95

Sears on 20:45 - Sep 23 by WestSussexBlue

Experience at this level, something which is clearly lacking.

Douglas had tonnes of experience too. Doesn't count for much if they're sh1te though.

He's a grafter I'll give him that but he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and often moves actually break down when he gets involved in the play. Giving him a run in the team isn't a good idea if we want to get out of the bottom three

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sears on 20:56 - Sep 23 with 4594 viewsjas0999

... has he under performed? Played out of position by the previous manager. Not his fault.
Sears on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 4424 viewsCurrie10

He's no Ellis Harrison.

Has to be in the 18.
Sears on 20:53 - Dec 15 with 3745 viewsTractorgirlforever

What people were saying about freddie under hurst..
Sears on 22:27 - Dec 15 with 3560 viewsbobbyramsey

Sears on 20:53 - Dec 15 by Tractorgirlforever

What people were saying about freddie under hurst..

Shows how much those people know about football....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024