Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What must Klug be thinking? 12:15 - Sep 23 with 2416 viewstheinbetweener

The poor bloke must be feeling so disillusioned and unmotivated in his role at the club at the moment. All of the hard work that was put into producing our own talent, for them all to just be discarded. I think we were all feeling pretty positive after the West Ham friendly, which coincidentally included many of “our own” who were clearly ready and up for the job. Far too many needless changes made, when in truth we already had a good core to work with, with only 2-3 quality additions required (Edwards, Nsiala and Jackson would have been fine).

This should have been the team...

Bart
Emmanuel Nsiala/Wolf Chambers Knudsen
Edwards Skuse Dozzell Nydam/Downes Ward/Rowe
Waghorn (We should have done everything in our power to keep him)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but PH has royally c****d his big chance up, mainly due to pure arrogance. We need change now before it’s too late, I say get Klug in charge with the assistance of a Burley type, people who love the club and know what they’re doing!
What must Klug be thinking? on 12:20 - Sep 23 with 2374 viewsAce_High1

I agree to a point but he cannot get too frustrated as if he really wanted to stamp his approach on the club he could step up and take on the role of manager of the first team? He has openly stated on a number of occasions this is not for him and therefore has to accept that whoever the first team manager is, they will have the ultimate say on the approach taken on the football side of things.
What must Klug be thinking? on 12:23 - Sep 23 with 2340 viewsSamWhiteUK

Sorry but if you think we needed only those three additions then you are deluded
What must Klug be thinking? on 12:23 - Sep 23 with 2336 viewsGarv

Other than still having Waghorn that team is as weak as the current lot.

There is an argument for involving the young players but I also think we all think too much of them. This will invite stick but is our academy really all that? Let's be honest, no. The last player to really have an effect on the first team and or move on for big money was Wickham and he was physically advanced for his age and has had a tough career since.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What must Klug be thinking? on 12:24 - Sep 23 with 2333 viewsLord_Lucan

I agree with that but Klug does not want the gig.

I have been against Burley coming back but it seems to make a bit of sense now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What must Klug be thinking? on 12:26 - Sep 23 with 2305 viewsbournemouthblue

Agreed on that but Evans had his hands tied in regards to investment without sales

What Hurst has done essentially is gambled he can replace the quality of Waghorn by adding depth

It's highly debatable whether he has done that and whilst a few of these signings will prove alright he has sacrificed proven players with decent quality to do so

I don't believe a complete rebuild was needed in summer but by swapping MM we allowed for that to happen

We have a good batch of youths who could have been developed within the team structure

Wolfy and Emmanuel will develop on loan but they could have developed in and around the team imho

The initial performances are worrying but hopefully Hurst can get this side playing to his system and ideas

It's the tactics and scattergun team selection which worry me

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What must Klug be thinking? on 12:26 - Sep 23 with 2300 viewsKidKlugs

Klug has turned the ITFC manager job down twice and said he doesnt want it
What must Klug be thinking? on 14:37 - Sep 23 with 2052 viewschicoazul

I doubt it. Klug does not want the top job and is very happy and well looked after in his current role

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What must Klug be thinking? on 14:44 - Sep 23 with 2020 viewsblueislander

What must Klug be thinking? on 14:37 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

I doubt it. Klug does not want the top job and is very happy and well looked after in his current role

I genuinely think that he gets his job satisfaction by developing the youngsters till they are just about ready for League football. He does
not want any further involvement with the first team squad
Login to get fewer ads

What must Klug be thinking? on 14:52 - Sep 23 with 1976 viewschicoazul

What must Klug be thinking? on 14:44 - Sep 23 by blueislander

I genuinely think that he gets his job satisfaction by developing the youngsters till they are just about ready for League football. He does
not want any further involvement with the first team squad

Phil knows him well and says much the same thing as you do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What must Klug be thinking? on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 1948 viewsGuthrum

Has the extremely experienced Bryan Klug suddenly developed wild and sanguine expectations of teenagers suddenly being poured into the first team? Remember, he's had years of overseeing the development process of young players, including going out on loan.

Yes, these players are on loan elsewhere to gain experience, they haven't been 'discarded'.

You say they're 'ready', but during the period when we relied on youth midfielders in September and October last season, we lost six out of the nine matches. Likewise, during Klug's tenure, the only team we were able to beat was the desperately fragile Reading.

Of the team you list, we don't know that Emmanuel is better than Donacien. Woolfenden has only played 130 minutes of senior League football, compared with the skill and experience of Pennington. Dozzell is still returning from a long-term injury. Downes is regularly involved. Nydam is an 18-year-old who has only once played a full 90 minutes in the League.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What must Klug be thinking? on 19:16 - Sep 23 with 1677 viewsnshearman1

What must Klug be thinking? on 12:26 - Sep 23 by bournemouthblue

Agreed on that but Evans had his hands tied in regards to investment without sales

What Hurst has done essentially is gambled he can replace the quality of Waghorn by adding depth

It's highly debatable whether he has done that and whilst a few of these signings will prove alright he has sacrificed proven players with decent quality to do so

I don't believe a complete rebuild was needed in summer but by swapping MM we allowed for that to happen

We have a good batch of youths who could have been developed within the team structure

Wolfy and Emmanuel will develop on loan but they could have developed in and around the team imho

The initial performances are worrying but hopefully Hurst can get this side playing to his system and ideas

It's the tactics and scattergun team selection which worry me

Evans had his hands tied?! By whom? Oh yes - Marcus Evans....
What must Klug be thinking? on 19:26 - Sep 23 with 1645 viewsKeaneish

But which of the youth would realistically start? Wolfenden isn't as good yet as Chambers and Nsiala. Emmanuel isn't as good as Donacien. Kenlock not as good as Knudsen. Dozzell and Bishop have injury problems. Who's left? Nydam and Morris.

Downes has made the step up with mixed success.

On the flip side, of those fit players, which of them would impact off the bench? Maybe Nydam and Morris but why give them 10 / 15 mins here and there when they can run full 90s for the next 4 months. I think Klug will be OK with all this. Going on loan isn't a backward step. Look at Harry Kane!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024