Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Birmingham 13:37 - Sep 23 with 1068 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty much the same team that started yesterday with a couple of key changes.

At the back, it's a toss up between Donacien and Pennington at right back but no biggie as the problems are further forward IMO.

I'd start with Edun over Nolan. I note Hurst was pleased with the positions Nolan took up and that's fair enough but he seems horribly off form. Better to take Nolan out of the firing line for a bit, put him on the bench and let Edun take over as he keeps the ball and us ticking over in possession.

Ward didn't have a bad game. He worked hard and his run and pass to Jackson was a rare moment of quality for the team. But I think Graham, again like Edun, helps us keep the ball better and link up with the players around him. We also need his crossing and set-piece ability as Chambers chance showed.

Now, I'm not saying that's a team that's definitely going to get a win but IMO it's our strongest team on form. I'd like to see Hurst persevere with that and build performances into results rather than chopping and changing and hoping one of his teams click or that players suddenly find form.

Pronouns: He/Him

Team for Birmingham on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 1024 viewsGarv

Agree.

If we can cut out Chalobah's mistakes, and he didn't make many yesterday, then we've got a good player, both defensive and potentially going forward. Some nice passes made, let down by team mates lack of first touch or timing of runs.

It's so tricky because I'd like to say make as few changes as possible because we've made too many already, but Donacien should play, we need Graham's dead balls as you say, and Edun shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

I don't know anymore!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Team for Birmingham on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 1024 viewsIllinoisblue

Agree about Nolan. He should be nowhere near the first team on current form. Very underwhelming. Also agree about Ward; one moment of quality in 90 minutes is not enough. Not particularly impressed with Graham but as you say he can at least whip in a decent cross.

Still think our problems are in the middle of the field. Neither Skuse or Chalobah offered much of anything y/day in terms of getting forward or making anything happen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Team for Birmingham on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 1021 viewsLankHenners

Pennington (assuming Hurst sees Nsiala as his first choice partner for Chambers) and Nolan out, Donacien and Edun in. Ward's terribly inconsistent but I think he needs a little run in the team arguably more than anyone to try and get some confidence in him. Do see the point re: Graham's set pieces so maybe that's an obvious first sub.

He should have played and stuck with that team several games ago whilst we had an 'easier' set of games to settle into. If he changes much again then he really has lost the plot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Team for Birmingham on 13:51 - Sep 23 with 1002 viewsitfcpaul

Team for Birmingham on 13:48 - Sep 23 by LankHenners

Pennington (assuming Hurst sees Nsiala as his first choice partner for Chambers) and Nolan out, Donacien and Edun in. Ward's terribly inconsistent but I think he needs a little run in the team arguably more than anyone to try and get some confidence in him. Do see the point re: Graham's set pieces so maybe that's an obvious first sub.

He should have played and stuck with that team several games ago whilst we had an 'easier' set of games to settle into. If he changes much again then he really has lost the plot.

Chambers is seriously going nowhere

Gerken
Donacien
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Edun
Skuse
Downes
Jackson
Edwards
Harrison

My thoughts
Try something else

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Team for Birmingham on 14:06 - Sep 23 with 972 viewsITFCBlues

I’d go with that. I’d like Donacien in for Nsiala with Pennington at CB.

Get Ward in the number 10 role with Graham coming in out wide and Edun in for Chalobah.

That to me, is the best we’ve got at present.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Team for Birmingham on 14:30 - Sep 23 with 905 viewsRobTheMonk

Chalobah gives the ball away so much. I'm watching Chelsea and I think Jorginho has had more successful passes in one half of football than Chalobah has had in 5 games. I'd rather have Nydam back.

Nolan looks like he's running in treacle.

That was a cluster fudge yesterday. I can't believe that Donacien was the sacrificial lamb to accommodate a half injured Walters.
Team for Birmingham on 15:54 - Sep 23 with 829 viewsunstableblue

Darth... I've digested yesterday... and I continue to think Nolan is a player who needs sticking with, I think some of the criticism of him is harsh, and in the second half it was the number of runners and options around him that was the problem.

I think the problem is actually somewhat at the back in that the full backs are not supporting the system. Pennington did well but was just not used to bolster the attack, Knudsen continues to fail in that area of his game.

Edun should start. I'd sacrifice Ward who flattered to deceive it was a poor contribution to our attack.

I think we'll still need two holding mids away at brum... and I'd persevere with chalobah despite the rough edges

So for me:

Gerken
Donacien chambers toto knudsen
Skuse chalobah
Edwards Nolan edun
Jackson

I like that team it just needs to believe in itself, get some luck, and thrive off a win
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 15:55]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Team for Birmingham on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 797 viewsDarth_Koont

Team for Birmingham on 15:54 - Sep 23 by unstableblue

Darth... I've digested yesterday... and I continue to think Nolan is a player who needs sticking with, I think some of the criticism of him is harsh, and in the second half it was the number of runners and options around him that was the problem.

I think the problem is actually somewhat at the back in that the full backs are not supporting the system. Pennington did well but was just not used to bolster the attack, Knudsen continues to fail in that area of his game.

Edun should start. I'd sacrifice Ward who flattered to deceive it was a poor contribution to our attack.

I think we'll still need two holding mids away at brum... and I'd persevere with chalobah despite the rough edges

So for me:

Gerken
Donacien chambers toto knudsen
Skuse chalobah
Edwards Nolan edun
Jackson

I like that team it just needs to believe in itself, get some luck, and thrive off a win
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 15:55]

But Nolan has been ever present since he's arrived. He has been "stuck with" and we're still seeing the same butchering of opportunities in the final third.

I DO think he has some quality but I think he's struggling and so is the team as a result.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Birmingham on 16:21 - Sep 23 with 770 viewsBackToRussia

4-4-2

Donacien
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen

Edun
Nolan
Skuse
Edwards

Harrison
Jackson

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024