Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action launch - a reflection... 19:03 - Sep 23 with 2106 viewsSlambo

First off, wanted to say a massive thank you to the ground staff and stewards who were supportive, accommodating and really bent over backwards for us...
Big thanks to the fans already in and around the section for holding up the banners and waving the flags as the players came out. Obviously can't appreciate what it looks like when you're actually in there, but seeing some photos from people elsewhere in the ground it looked really, really cool…
Me, Rich and a couple of lads really gave it some all game - nothing but positivity for the full 90 minutes as promised. Have to say, were a little disappointed at the turn out - barely anyone came to join us, but I guess it's a bit new and is going to take people a while to see us as a viable group, so we expect that we might have to plough a lonely furrow for a little while. The game was also dismal, the worst possible performance to accompany the launch, but we appreciate nonetheless what support we got and stand by the principle of getting behind the lads regardless of what’s happening on the pitch…
Keep an eye on TWTD, Twitter and Facebook for updates regarding Blue Action's future plans and movements. UPPA TOWEN!

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:24 - Sep 23 with 2042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

what is blue action?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:31 - Sep 23 with 2023 viewsSlambo

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:24 - Sep 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

what is blue action?

It's a supporter's group me and fellow Town have set up - flags, banners, non-stop positive singing for the full 90 minutes, every game, regardless of what's happening on the pitch...been talking about it regularly on here, and was on the radio and in the paper promoting it..!

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:49 - Sep 23 with 1986 viewsITFC_Forever

We were at the back of block 5, to the left of the goal as you look at the pitch.

The flags were a good start, although they looked rather clumped together some more towards the middle and back would have been good.

Not the performance to ignite the vocal chords to be fair, so it was a tough gig for an opener.

On the positive side, people around us noticed the flags etc and asked what it was all about, so we informed them and it gained a positive response.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:57 - Sep 23 with 1952 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 19:31 - Sep 23 by Slambo

It's a supporter's group me and fellow Town have set up - flags, banners, non-stop positive singing for the full 90 minutes, every game, regardless of what's happening on the pitch...been talking about it regularly on here, and was on the radio and in the paper promoting it..!

Sounds good, good luck.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 20:09 - Sep 23 with 1912 viewsReuser_is_God

I felt it was a good start.

People did join in with a fair few of your songs.

The game clearly didn’t help you guys & my one bit of advice would be to move further back in the SBRL, although appreciate that’s isn’t that easy.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 20:11 - Sep 23 with 1902 viewsTractorWood

Great work.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 20:40 - Sep 23 with 1846 viewsSuperfrans

Good work. Would like to see some pics if you have any to post.

I do feel for you though. It must be one of the most difficult times in our history to try launching this, bottom of the table, hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel etc. I know it’s probably the time we most need it, but it’s also difficult to get support get going, I’m sure.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Blue Action launch - a reflection... on 18:48 - Sep 24 with 1604 viewsGE7

Apologies Max, I had actually moved seats to join in but tried standing down the front for the Brentford game and the view was worse than I thought so I changed my mind. I think that’s gonna put off a lot of people who usually stand further back, there’s a reason why the front rows are the only ones available in the middle section apart from a few dotted around. I was watching though and good effort for continuing to sing without much backing! I’ll keep an eye on the FB group and if the location changes I’ll consider it again. Still think Cobbold upper could work if enough people commit. Do you go to any away games? That could work too...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024