Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? 19:26 - Sep 23 with 5344 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not a trick question, it's just something I asked myself when he was appointed.

I'm not anti Hurst, or asking for him to be sacked. Just wondered if there had been many successful short managers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:09 - Sep 23 with 3936 viewsWD19

Sir Alf was only 5ft 7 and a half.
Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:15 - Sep 23 with 3921 viewsBinner

Gordon Strachan, 5' 6", has had some modest success.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 3904 viewsjasondozzell

Napoleon had a good spell in the division 1 as it was then
Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:24 - Sep 23 with 3894 viewsPlums

Nelson was 5’4” and a reasonable leader of men

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:28 - Sep 23 with 3880 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Paul Hurst

4 promotions at different clubs.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:29 - Sep 23 with 3875 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:24 - Sep 23 by Plums

Nelson was 5’4” and a reasonable leader of men

Roy Keane was a good leader of men...

...wasn't a good manager though!! ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 3862 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:28 - Sep 23 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Paul Hurst

4 promotions at different clubs.

I did think when I was typing the question that he was already relatively successful.

But I don't think we tend to immediately think of lower league / non league promotions when we put forward a 'really successful manager'.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:31 - Sep 23 with 3858 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:15 - Sep 23 by Binner

Yep, fair shout!

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:32 - Sep 23 with 3856 viewsBent_double

No need to start getting personal is there?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:36 - Sep 23 with 3839 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:32 - Sep 23 by Bent_double

No need to start getting personal is there?

I wasn't. I was just asking the question.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:54 - Sep 23 with 3791 viewshector_clifford

Kenny Dalglish is quite small.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:56 - Sep 23 with 3777 viewsgordon

The most recent World Cup winning manager isn't particularly tall.
Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:06 - Sep 23 with 3744 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:56 - Sep 23 by gordon

The most recent World Cup winning manager isn't particularly tall.

Decent shout.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:06 - Sep 23 with 3740 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:54 - Sep 23 by hector_clifford

Kenny Dalglish is quite small.

Round about average really.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:07 - Sep 23 with 3739 viewsBent_double

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:36 - Sep 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wasn't. I was just asking the question.

Seems to me you are just putting the idea out there that he can't possibly be successful because of his height. Why does it even matter? Taller players don't respect smaller managers?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:10 - Sep 23 with 3727 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:07 - Sep 23 by Bent_double

Seems to me you are just putting the idea out there that he can't possibly be successful because of his height. Why does it even matter? Taller players don't respect smaller managers?

You're reading too much into it. ;-)

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:10 - Sep 23 with 3725 viewsPlums

Arrigo Saachi is 5’7”

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 3708 viewsmonty_radio

Brian Little ?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:21 - Sep 23 with 3707 viewsKentish_Tractor

Brendan Rodgers is 5 foot 6.

Depends how you define success with him.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:26 - Sep 23 with 3691 views3_5_2

So should we sign Peter Crouch as manager ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 3683 viewsSuperblue95

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:07 - Sep 23 by Bent_double

Oh dear

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:53 - Sep 23 with 3624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 21:21 - Sep 23 by Kentish_Tractor

Brendan Rodgers is 5 foot 6.

Depends how you define success with him.

Is he, I wouldn't have guessed.

Yeah, I'd say he's successful.

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 22:07 - Sep 23 with 3593 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 22:52 - Sep 23 with 3525 viewsPlums

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 22:07 - Sep 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Quite diddy in fact

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 23:11 - Sep 23 with 3499 viewsWeWereZombies

Can anyone name a really successful diminutive manager? on 20:15 - Sep 23 by Binner

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-41549709

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024