Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... 09:23 - Sep 24 with 12147 viewsitfcjoe

....players in such a great number so quickly.

Frankly, we just lack quality, and it is most obvious in the final 3rd of the pitch. We just don't look like scoring at all, no one can hold the ball up, and there are too many loose touches and pieces of sloppy play.

I just don't see us scoring enough goals to stay up, can anyone see Hurst here if we are winless going into the next international break.

If, as speculated, Evans is unhappy with how Hurst has gone about things with regards to relationships off the pitch and the size of the overhaul - why has he allowed it. The ship is heading into the rocks under his watch.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:30 - Sep 24 with 4353 viewsPJH

Regarding your last sentence, where is Newcy when we need him?
This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 4354 viewsTractorJack

I rate Nolan as an 8 but he is evidently not a number 10. It's a glaring gap in the squad and it's crippling our creativity.
This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 4331 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:30 - Sep 24 by PJH

Regarding your last sentence, where is Newcy when we need him?

Probably doing 850 laps of his ship's canteen to try and get in a 3 mile run.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:33 - Sep 24 with 4350 viewsitfcjoe

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:31 - Sep 24 by TractorJack

I rate Nolan as an 8 but he is evidently not a number 10. It's a glaring gap in the squad and it's crippling our creativity.

He was absolutely dire on Saturday, nothing worked for him.

I just cannot see how a player with the class of Andre Dozzell can't get a look in in this team, his assist v West Ham is an example of what he can do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:35 - Sep 24 with 4332 viewsReuser_is_God

If we don’t win any of the next 3 games I’ll drive him back to whatever Yorkshire sh1thole he comes from.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:37 - Sep 24 with 4304 viewsCoco

I honestly feel it’s just the goal scoring area where we are weaker. If we had last years Waghorn still, we would be fine. I know this seems a stoopid thing to say. Mana for man i think we’re as strong as last year just powderpuff in the most important area.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:39 - Sep 24 with 4294 viewsDanTheMan

"If, as speculated, Evans is unhappy with how Hurst has gone about things with regards to relationships off the pitch and the size of the overhaul - why has he allowed it. The ship is heading into the rocks under his watch."

This is key for me. Too much power in the hands of a manager with no long term thinking about what happens if it didn't work. We're now very stuck.

We have no long term thinking at all really at the club bar vague sentiments about using youth. There's no unified approach from top the bottom.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:43 - Sep 24 with 4265 viewsReuser_is_God

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:39 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

"If, as speculated, Evans is unhappy with how Hurst has gone about things with regards to relationships off the pitch and the size of the overhaul - why has he allowed it. The ship is heading into the rocks under his watch."

This is key for me. Too much power in the hands of a manager with no long term thinking about what happens if it didn't work. We're now very stuck.

We have no long term thinking at all really at the club bar vague sentiments about using youth. There's no unified approach from top the bottom.

& that’s one of the thing Evans spoke about so much over the summer & in his interview.

That makes the current situation even worse.

2 months later it’s all gone to sh1t & we’re going down.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 9:43]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 4244 viewsTractorJack

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:33 - Sep 24 by itfcjoe

I just cannot see how a player with the class of Andre Dozzell can't get a look in in this team, his assist v West Ham is an example of what he can do.

You would hope it's only a matter of time now. Simple way of giving the fans a lift too.
This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:48 - Sep 24 with 4228 viewsITFCBlues

I think (and this is a big IF) that when/IF Bishop, Huws, Adeyemi return things would look a lot different. Even getting Dozzell onto the pitch. He surely can't be far off now?

The signings we've made have potential, but we're missing a bit of Championship experience in the middle of the park & that quality that someone like Huws could bring. It's just a sad situation with him and Bishop - i just can't see either of them getting fit enough to feature for the first team...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:48 - Sep 24 with 4222 viewsartsbossbeard

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:33 - Sep 24 by itfcjoe

Joe, am I right in thinking that Andre isn't training with the first team currently?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:51 - Sep 24 with 4211 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I’m disappointed as anyone about Saturdays display Nolan was not ‘dire’ throughout the game. Just very poor initially but he did some good stuff at times and at least he was wanting to get on the ball and try and do something. Indeed in the clueless second half he was not being given options as he got around the D. Not enough runners or movement.

I think this general slating of Nolan is a bit misplaced.

I personally think the L2 players who were playing Saturday are actually good prospects. Jackson has been steadily improving and it was really annoying at the lack of service in the first half especially as you could see he was up for it.

I think Edwards has been in general excellent for us. Also despite a woeful first half from Toto he is a good player.

The squad I think has been greatly improved by Pennington and Edun.

You call for Dozzell who has very little experience compared to Nolan and would be making a massive step up.

It’s funny how I think chambers and Skuse are playing their best for a
Season.

The challenge is not entirely then the L1 players; I think it’s comfidnece, I think it’s the system has not quite clicked.

I hated Saturday but we have played much more dynamic stuff at times this season as The Times article points out. Villa, Norwich second half, Brentford second.

My concern is the full backs as much as anything and the fact that Nolan is not getting into the box enough as the likes of Ward are firing sporadically.

Hurst really dropped the ball not playing But donacien over Pennington that messed up the system big time; as did not starting Edun, perhaps over Ward.

I would say the weak links in Saturdays display were Nolan at times, knudsen and Pennington for their lack of forward dynamic and Ward (who despite one brilliant run) did not offer enough. Only one of them is L1.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:51 - Sep 24 with 4211 viewsITFCBlues

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:37 - Sep 24 by Coco

I honestly feel it’s just the goal scoring area where we are weaker. If we had last years Waghorn still, we would be fine. I know this seems a stoopid thing to say. Mana for man i think we’re as strong as last year just powderpuff in the most important area.

It's not the strikers for me....In what respect would Waghorn (Other than his set-piece delivery) have made a difference on Saturday? If the strikers don't get ANY service, they're not going to be scoring any goals....It's that simple.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:53 - Sep 24 with 4187 viewsFootballpete

I don't know why anyone is surprised. The only decent appointment Evans has made during his time here is the one most people wanted rid of last season. The club is completely directionless and is owned by a man who appears to know nothing about football, or catering for sports events, or stadium maintenance.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:55 - Sep 24 with 4159 viewsunstableblue

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:37 - Sep 24 by Coco

See my reply below. I like the squad on paper better than last year apart from no Waghorn! He’s been a massive loss.

Having said that I think Jackson is good and was lively first half despite living off crumbs.

I think the lack of real chances is a system thing; when it clicked against Villa and Brentford it was due to people ‘pushing on’ the width the dynamic. We have to recreate that.

Pennington, Ward and Knudsen were a real issue for me on Saturday. Nolan and Edun did not have enough runners.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 4160 viewsSteve_M

It's not as if we had an entire season without the ability to hold the ball up a mere two years is it? I was amazed that so many fans were so desperate to cash in on any bid for players but especially when it came to losing both Waghorn and Garner.

On Saturday we looked like a side that could go all season without a win, indeed it looked like we could go the whole season without scoring. I can't see where a win is coming from at the moment, we can only play for 20 minutes, or maybe a half, at a time.

Agree on Evans too, as much as Hurst has made poor decisions surely Evans set out some kind of parameters for the job. The most important one being to make sure we stay up so he has a chance to sell the club.

We come back to the point that it is only McCarthy's better spells in eleven years of Evans that have made his time here seem half-way decent.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 4143 viewsSuperfrans

Arguably, we are stronger in defence - Donacien, Nsiala, Chambers, Pennington, plus Kenlock a year older, is certainly not weaker than what we had before.

But it must also be undeniable surely that Jackson, Harrison, Graham, Walters (now unfit), Sears is a weaker strikeforce than Waghorn, Garner, Celina, McGoldrick (mostly unfit), Sears.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 4145 viewsmonytowbray

I think Hurst has come in too hasty to put his mark on something that didn't need a drastic overhaul.

But anyone can say that in hindsight. I don't remember many people, if any, saying it at the time, myself included.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:00 - Sep 24 with 4140 viewsBiGDonnie

Hi face clearly doesn't fit with Hurst for whatever reason. The pedestal comments confirm that for me.

He's so out of his depth it's unreal.

The real issue is how ME let's it all happen, Hursts 'even Marcus was surprised by the amount of changes' comment just goes to show that beyond Klug, there is no one that really cares about the club at the top. Hurst don't give a fook, he'll be paid off whatever and ME is happy to just hire someone and let them do what they please. which in principle is fine, but has to have certain parameters.

The clubs been a sh*t show for years and is only getting worse.

This won't be popular at all, but we deserve relegation. ME has ran the club like a league one side ever since Keane failed and it's what he deserves. I can see him selling this season if things don't improve drastically, which unless we change the manager, it won't happen.

I actually think relegation would be good for us long term, we're stale, uninspiring and have zero ambition. A drop down will probably bring new ownership and enthusiasm into the club. Plus none of our players will leave (barring Dozzer) as they're league one quality.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:02 - Sep 24 with 4116 viewsartsbossbeard

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:58 - Sep 24 by monytowbray

I think Hurst has come in too hasty to put his mark on something that didn't need a drastic overhaul.

But anyone can say that in hindsight. I don't remember many people, if any, saying it at the time, myself included.

*cough*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:04 - Sep 24 with 4103 viewsSomethingBlue

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:00 - Sep 24 by BiGDonnie

Hi face clearly doesn't fit with Hurst for whatever reason. The pedestal comments confirm that for me.

The real issue is how ME let's it all happen, Hursts 'even Marcus was surprised by the amount of changes' comment just goes to show that beyond Klug, there is no one that really cares about the club at the top. Hurst don't give a fook, he'll be paid off whatever and ME is happy to just hire someone and let them do what they please. which in principle is fine, but has to have certain parameters.

This won't be popular at all, but we deserve relegation. ME has ran the club like a league one side ever since Keane failed and it's what he deserves. I can see him selling this season if things don't improve drastically, which unless we change the manager, it won't happen.

I actually think relegation would be good for us long term, we're stale, uninspiring and have zero ambition. A drop down will probably bring new ownership and enthusiasm into the club. Plus none of our players will leave (barring Dozzer) as they're league one quality.

A drop down would probably not bring new ownership because who the hell would buy it. Relegation would be a disaster, it would set us back years and by the time we recovered it might *literally* be impossible to have thoughts of getting back to the top again. There would not be a single good thing about it — people need to wake up if they think there would be.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:06 - Sep 24 with 4088 viewschicoazul

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:48 - Sep 24 by artsbossbeard

Joe, am I right in thinking that Andre isn't training with the first team currently?

Youre not asking me so beg pardon but yes you are, he is back in the U23s changing room too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:07 - Sep 24 with 4071 viewschicoazul

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 09:57 - Sep 24 by Steve_M

It's not as if we had an entire season without the ability to hold the ball up a mere two years is it? I was amazed that so many fans were so desperate to cash in on any bid for players but especially when it came to losing both Waghorn and Garner.

On Saturday we looked like a side that could go all season without a win, indeed it looked like we could go the whole season without scoring. I can't see where a win is coming from at the moment, we can only play for 20 minutes, or maybe a half, at a time.

Agree on Evans too, as much as Hurst has made poor decisions surely Evans set out some kind of parameters for the job. The most important one being to make sure we stay up so he has a chance to sell the club.

We come back to the point that it is only McCarthy's better spells in eleven years of Evans that have made his time here seem half-way decent.

Evans has been a complete catastrophe and I wish he would take the hit and sell.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:07 - Sep 24 with 4064 viewschicoazul

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:00 - Sep 24 by BiGDonnie

Relegation would be a complete disaster.

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 4054 viewsSteve_M

This is what was feared when Championship players were replaced by L1 and L2.... on 10:04 - Sep 24 by SomethingBlue

A drop down would probably not bring new ownership because who the hell would buy it. Relegation would be a disaster, it would set us back years and by the time we recovered it might *literally* be impossible to have thoughts of getting back to the top again. There would not be a single good thing about it — people need to wake up if they think there would be.

I think it was Elvin King who the Star dragged out to write the "Why relegation will be a good thing" article in 2002. It was bollacks at the time and even more so now.

There might be an argument that relegation in 19-95 was a good thing given how bad that side was but that also owed a lot to Burley's subsequent turnaround. There is absolutely nothing to look forward to about playing in the third tier next season*.

*Maybe Burton away again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024