Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick 12:01 - Sep 24 with 1918 viewsFenboyBlue

as they do now or were people generally more patient and held their nerve longer ?
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:04 - Sep 24 with 1906 viewsBerlinBlue

I guess in those days people had their own private meltdowns, whereas today the internet provides an easy and instant place to share those meltdowns with others.
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:11 - Sep 24 with 1887 viewsblueislander

Before the internet, football discussions mainly occurrd at a game, or in the pub with a group of mates.
Quite a lot of things were different or did not exist,, streange though it may seem.
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:42 - Sep 24 with 1844 viewsSuperblue95

The internet compounds meltdowns by an astronomical level. A few weeks ago there was only about 4/5 posters worrying about us, with the rest saying we will be fine.

Now 90% of the forum are panicking, our players are all league two standard, and after we get relegated (staying up is no longer a possibility, apparently) we will never make it back to this level.

If the internet didn't exist people wouldn't be even remotely as hysterical as they are currently

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:49 - Sep 24 with 1811 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:52 - Sep 24 with 1806 viewsCoastalblue

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:42 - Sep 24 by Superblue95

The internet compounds meltdowns by an astronomical level. A few weeks ago there was only about 4/5 posters worrying about us, with the rest saying we will be fine.

Now 90% of the forum are panicking, our players are all league two standard, and after we get relegated (staying up is no longer a possibility, apparently) we will never make it back to this level.

If the internet didn't exist people wouldn't be even remotely as hysterical as they are currently

But when we win three on the bounce 80% of the forum will be talking about a run at the playoffs.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:54 - Sep 24 with 1800 viewsSuperblue95

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:52 - Sep 24 by Coastalblue

But when we win three on the bounce 80% of the forum will be talking about a run at the playoffs.

Exactly. People on here are up and down more than a kid on a trampoline

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 13:04 - Sep 24 with 1780 viewsGuthrum

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:42 - Sep 24 by Superblue95

There's some things I've heard over the last few weeks, compounded by the lack of progress - regression, even - on the pitch which have caused me to reappraise my views on Hurst and his chances of success.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 16:27 - Sep 24 with 1643 viewssolemio

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 12:54 - Sep 24 by Superblue95

Exactly. People on here are up and down more than a kid on a trampoline

Like Stock Exchange investors.
Login to get fewer ads

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 16:31 - Sep 24 with 1634 viewschicoazul

Do you and others who trot this line out not realise that we are facing a situation we have not faced in our modern history? It is not wrong to "meltdown" or "flounce" in the face of our current predicament.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 1628 viewsRobTheMonk

Internet has led to instant gratification and also instant chaos.
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 17:53 - Sep 24 with 1582 viewsevansblue

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 13:04 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

There's some things I've heard over the last few weeks, compounded by the lack of progress - regression, even - on the pitch which have caused me to reappraise my views on Hurst and his chances of success.

What is it you have heard then? As long as it’s not libellous can’t you expand on your post as there are plenty of us in the dark on these apparent issues
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 18:14 - Sep 24 with 1561 viewsFunge

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 16:31 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

Do you and others who trot this line out not realise that we are facing a situation we have not faced in our modern history? It is not wrong to "meltdown" or "flounce" in the face of our current predicament.

Quite.

I'm unsure if any of those preaching 'patience' or 'more time' saw just how utterly, utterly abject we were on Saturday, against a Bolton side that have just avoided admin, and will, most likely, be in the bottom 8 this season.

This follows on from, by all accounts, an equally dismal performance against the utter basket case of a club in Hull; a club who, again, we can expect to be battling relegation this year.

When taken against the background of the (numerous) murmurings of discontent coming out of PR right now, it is apparent that all is very far indeed from being well.

If we disregard the rantings of the usual attention-seeking w@nkers, and focus upon the more rational, sensible posts made by a lot of the 'old guard' here, then it can be surmised that we are in an almighty fcking mess right now.
In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 18:50 - Sep 24 with 1534 viewsSuperblue95

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 13:04 - Sep 24 by Guthrum

That's fair enough but again that's down to the internet, the vast majority of us wouldn't have known about the apparent behind the scenes issues had it not been for this site. It's then been spread around like wildfire and likely greatly exaggerated at some point along the way (not that I'm insinuating Joe or the respected posters are making things up).

Being concerned is fine, any Town fan who says they aren't worried in the slightest is a liar. But the internet has undoubtedly compounded the hysteria we are seeing on here

In the days before the internet, did seasonal meltdowns happen as quick on 21:51 - Sep 24 with 1482 viewsjjblue84

No, people were grown up then!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024