Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever been flashed? 14:48 - Sep 24 with 3186 viewsgiant_stow

Would you complain to the police? Mrs Ullaa had this yesterday, but seems unwilling to report it - given shes the victim, don;t know how much to push her on this.

Would the police even have time for this or any chance of catching the fcker?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone ever been flashed? on 14:55 - Sep 24 with 3134 viewsstringy

First of all that's really cr*p, sorry to hear that and best wishes to her.

If she feels able, then I'd say yes very much get it reported - they may not have the ability to do something right now, but it's on their radar and in their statistics, if it happens again the next incident is increasingly likely to be dealt with because it's not a 'one off'.
Anyone ever been flashed? on 14:56 - Sep 24 with 3124 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry to hear this, I hope your missus isn't too upset. Ultimately it's her choice, but I would imagine the police would welcome a report in case it's one of a series.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone ever been flashed? on 14:56 - Sep 24 with 3118 viewsIpswichKnight

Anyone ever been flashed? on 14:55 - Sep 24 by stringy

If she feels able, then I'd say yes very much get it reported - they may not have the ability to do something right now, but it's on their radar and in their statistics, if it happens again the next incident is increasingly likely to be dealt with because it's not a 'one off'.

exactly this!
Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:02 - Sep 24 with 3076 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 14:55 - Sep 24 by stringy

cheers fella - she's taking it in her stride, but it happened at dusk on a quiet street, so I think that's the scariest bit. She's remarkably chilled having said that.

I'm encouraging her to report it - glad to here from you guys on the value of reporting it. She's worried it would waste the coppers' time, but like you say, the guy will probably do it again if he hasn't already and that is more serious.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 3059 viewsThrobbe

Not me, but a friend was.

They did catch him as he was in a company van (clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer), but it took nearly 2 years with her pushing all the time to get an arrest*. She works in a different area of law enforcement, so knew a bit about the system, and was not going to give up on it, but the company weren't willing/able to confirm who was driving, and the police (not Norfolk so it might vary by force) weren't supportive.

My initial reaction would be yes, it could prevent it happening to someone else, and next time the offender might feel emboldened to take it further. However, in reality I think that unless Mrs Ullaa really wants to do it, the sad truth is that the police will not be that supportive, and it may just upset her more than leaving it.

Sorry to hear it btw, and hope she is OK.

* When she told me that the police had finally arranged for her to attend an ID parade, she immediately saw fit to clarify "Not of c0cks". I may have unsupportively guffawed.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:06]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:04 - Sep 24 with 3048 viewsFenboyBlue

I read in the news today how the police are spending less time on 'real crime' and more time pursuing he said/she said nonsense on social media. They appear to be using the excuse that they are under resourced, when I suspect the reality is most of the police are as addicted to social media as most of the rest of the country. I think these days to get their attention don't contact them directly but put your story on social media and wait for them to notice it will stand a better chance of getting a police response.
Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:06 - Sep 24 with 3036 viewsFrimleyBlue

If course it's entirely her choice, however, let her know that in Guildford, a similar incident happened, it was reported and the guy ended up being arrested as a wanted paedophile, so appreciate it may have been daunting for her, she may feel it could possibly help others by reporting it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:08 - Sep 24 with 3018 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:04 - Sep 24 by FenboyBlue

I read in the news today how the police are spending less time on 'real crime' and more time pursuing he said/she said nonsense on social media. They appear to be using the excuse that they are under resourced, when I suspect the reality is most of the police are as addicted to social media as most of the rest of the country. I think these days to get their attention don't contact them directly but put your story on social media and wait for them to notice it will stand a better chance of getting a police response.

interesting thought of warning local social media users.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:08 - Sep 24 with 3013 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:06 - Sep 24 by FrimleyBlue

If course it's entirely her choice, however, let her know that in Guildford, a similar incident happened, it was reported and the guy ended up being arrested as a wanted paedophile, so appreciate it may have been daunting for her, she may feel it could possibly help others by reporting it.

cheers - I'll find a way of passing that on without admitting I'd been gabbing off about it on here.

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:09 - Sep 24 with 3006 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:03 - Sep 24 by Throbbe

Not me, but a friend was.

They did catch him as he was in a company van (clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer), but it took nearly 2 years with her pushing all the time to get an arrest*. She works in a different area of law enforcement, so knew a bit about the system, and was not going to give up on it, but the company weren't willing/able to confirm who was driving, and the police (not Norfolk so it might vary by force) weren't supportive.

My initial reaction would be yes, it could prevent it happening to someone else, and next time the offender might feel emboldened to take it further. However, in reality I think that unless Mrs Ullaa really wants to do it, the sad truth is that the police will not be that supportive, and it may just upset her more than leaving it.

Sorry to hear it btw, and hope she is OK.

* When she told me that the police had finally arranged for her to attend an ID parade, she immediately saw fit to clarify "Not of c0cks". I may have unsupportively guffawed.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:06]

Its that prevention thing that seems the best argument for sure.

Anyway, thanks all - appreciated.

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:10 - Sep 24 with 2998 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:08 - Sep 24 by giant_stow

cheers - I'll find a way of passing that on without admitting I'd been gabbing off about it on here.

Perhaps a good way is' oh I saw on the news earlier.......... and maybe go into that way.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:13 - Sep 24 with 2987 viewsSteve_M

Yes, what they said Ulls. It might just help stop someone doing something worse to some other woman.

I can see why she would rather just not bother though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:24 - Sep 24 with 2925 viewsm14_blue

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:02 - Sep 24 by giant_stow

cheers fella - she's taking it in her stride, but it happened at dusk on a quiet street, so I think that's the scariest bit. She's remarkably chilled having said that.

I'm encouraging her to report it - glad to here from you guys on the value of reporting it. She's worried it would waste the coppers' time, but like you say, the guy will probably do it again if he hasn't already and that is more serious.

There's some proper weirdos about isn't there?

Hope she's ok.

I can understand why she'd just want to forget about it but, as others have said, probably better to report it if she can.

I'd be fuming if someone did that to my sister.

Sorry
Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:29 - Sep 24 with 2901 viewsFenboyBlue

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:08 - Sep 24 by giant_stow

interesting thought of warning local social media users.

yeah it seems to work round my way. I look at a couple of twitter feeds local to me and when someone alerts the local community to be aware of an assault, burglary, someone acting suspicious, traffic accident etc, most of the time the police tweet follow ups pretty quickly, as if they have a dedicated resource to it.
Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:08 - Sep 24 with 2791 viewsMattinLondon

I don’t wish to sound all tabloid and o.t.t but I used to live with a copper who worked within sexual offences etc. Having listened to his accounts of such incidences I would try again and ask Mrs Ullaa to report it. Today’s flasher is potentially tomorrows groper and the next days rapist.

Sorry if this sounds a bit sensationalist.
Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:11 - Sep 24 with 2780 viewschicoazul

It's difficult, but she could at least call 101 which I think in turn creates a Crime number. If we dont report crimes when they happen then the amount of money spent our already-pitiful police force will decrease further.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:12 - Sep 24 with 2773 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever been flashed? on 15:24 - Sep 24 by m14_blue

There's some proper weirdos about isn't there?

Hope she's ok.

I can understand why she'd just want to forget about it but, as others have said, probably better to report it if she can.

I'd be fuming if someone did that to my sister.

Sorry

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:14 - Sep 24 with 2768 viewsgiant_stow

Thanks to the posters I missed first time.

I've told her Ive done some research and that its worth reporting for the reasons above (including Chico's late entry).

I won't push it past that - got to respect her feelings, but hopefully she will call the cops (happy mondays style)

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:18 - Sep 24 with 2743 viewsMattinLondon

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:14 - Sep 24 by giant_stow

Thanks to the posters I missed first time.

I've told her Ive done some research and that its worth reporting for the reasons above (including Chico's late entry).

I won't push it past that - got to respect her feelings, but hopefully she will call the cops (happy mondays style)

Hopefully your wife is a better dancer than Bez
Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:21 - Sep 24 with 2732 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:18 - Sep 24 by MattinLondon

Hopefully your wife is a better dancer than Bez

Actually, shes not, no.

Just heard from her and shes going to report it tomorrow. THanks all (one last time!)

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:21 - Sep 24 with 2728 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:12 - Sep 24 by chicoazul

Brutes!

Anyone ever been flashed? on 16:35 - Sep 24 with 2685 viewsRobTheMonk

Report it. It may not be the first time and it could signal something underlying. The police then at least have it on record should something like this continue happening.
Anyone ever been flashed? on 17:33 - Sep 24 with 2568 viewsjontysnut

Without wishing to make light, my wife was flashed at on a station platform. She remembered the old joke ' it's like a penis only smaller'. Still upsetting though, and she reported it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024