Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pakyong airport in Sikkim 15:19 - Sep 24 with 1051 viewsSteve_M

Looks nice around there:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-45624436

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:26 - Sep 24 with 1033 viewsKeno

its ok but its no Gatwick is it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:39 - Sep 24 with 1013 viewsStokieBlue

Looks great!

Couvchevel is quite good - basically straight off the mountain:

Male airport is good as well:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:48 - Sep 24 with 996 viewsSteve_M

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:39 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Looks great!

Couvchevel is quite good - basically straight off the mountain:

Male airport is good as well:

SB

Leh is the most mountainous airport I've landed it, despite what it looks like from the plane it doesn't compare although the mountains do look really close from an A320.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:59 - Sep 24 with 979 viewsStokieBlue

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:48 - Sep 24 by Steve_M

Leh is the most mountainous airport I've landed it, despite what it looks like from the plane it doesn't compare although the mountains do look really close from an A320.

That looks great!

My favourite personal landing was on Ambergris Caye in Belize. They had oversold the plane tickets so there were 6 passengers and only 5 seats so they stuck me in the co-pilots seat. Was great coming in over the reefs towards the runaway. No concept of health and safety there apart from the rather large pilot saying he would give me a jab in the ribs if I pressed any buttons. Bonkers really.

Worryingly a quick google for their planes shows an alarming number upside down in various reefs.

Not really landed anywhere really mountainous, I guess maybe Cusco. Madiera is fun with the airport basically clinging to a cliff:

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:03]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 17:43 - Sep 24 with 940 viewsfactual_blue

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:26 - Sep 24 by Keno

its ok but its no Gatwick is it

Well quite. Particularly as you can now get a train direct from Cambridge to Gatwick.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 18:26 - Sep 24 with 926 viewsjaykay

no far from my mothers homeland

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 18:31 - Sep 24 with 921 viewsSpruceMoose

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 15:59 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

That looks great!

My favourite personal landing was on Ambergris Caye in Belize. They had oversold the plane tickets so there were 6 passengers and only 5 seats so they stuck me in the co-pilots seat. Was great coming in over the reefs towards the runaway. No concept of health and safety there apart from the rather large pilot saying he would give me a jab in the ribs if I pressed any buttons. Bonkers really.

Worryingly a quick google for their planes shows an alarming number upside down in various reefs.

Not really landed anywhere really mountainous, I guess maybe Cusco. Madiera is fun with the airport basically clinging to a cliff:

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:03]

Have you ever landed at Funchal when they take that rather late and circular approach in crosswinds? That's a fun approach.

I never had the 'fortune' to take it myself, but I hear the approach at the Kai Tak airport was interesting too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Pakyong airport in Sikkim on 18:35 - Sep 24 with 919 viewsLord_Lucan

Koh Samui is an excellent airport, very pretty

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024