Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Hurst Position Thread! 15:50 - Sep 24 with 14468 viewsSpruceMoose

As official TWTD historian, I thought I'd start a thread where we can declare whether we are Hurst in or Out.

That way we will have an official record of which posters turned, and when. This will be useful when engaging in future bickering matches about who was worse: Keane/Jewell/Hurst?

I'll go first.

Let the record show, I'm OUT as of Saturday 22nd September at 4:45pm.

EDIT - Please people, keep discussion to other threads. This is just the thread to type 'OUT' when the time comes.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:51 - Sep 24 with 5703 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Im with Sprucey on this one. OUT as of post Bolton. The mess of this club needs serious remedy seriously quickly.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:53 - Sep 24 with 5680 viewsbluewein

In until Birmingham.

No win? Bye bye...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:53 - Sep 24 with 5682 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Quite simply you have to give him and the players time.

However, if we get to the stage where we are 9 points from safety or more before Christmas you'd have to make a change in my opinion. It would not be too late if the right manager came in, but it would be getting close to that.

You are only a win or two from being right back in it but you can't let the gap grow beyond that.

After Saturday I am quite concerned that a manager I think is a very decent one, is experiencing a run like he's never had, it coincides with joining a new team and he's now starting to panic to try and get any kind of win to get the season going.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:53 - Sep 24 with 5679 viewsGlebeTractor

In, more time needed. Until Christmas anyway.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:54 - Sep 24 with 5673 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:53 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Quite simply you have to give him and the players time.

However, if we get to the stage where we are 9 points from safety or more before Christmas you'd have to make a change in my opinion. It would not be too late if the right manager came in, but it would be getting close to that.

You are only a win or two from being right back in it but you can't let the gap grow beyond that.

After Saturday I am quite concerned that a manager I think is a very decent one, is experiencing a run like he's never had, it coincides with joining a new team and he's now starting to panic to try and get any kind of win to get the season going.

Edit - having read your post properly I'm putting you down as 'In'.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:55]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:55 - Sep 24 with 5656 viewsThijssens_Tash

No, I disagree. If we are still without a win when it gets to the 2nd international break then we would seriously need to reassess our situation.

The two week break would enable a new manager to settle in. However I think we will have at least one win by then and start to make progress.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 5642 viewsyorkshire

In - ridiculous to be calling for his head after 10 games - still feel we will finish midtable
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 5632 viewsTownly

Out! Most definately.

But IN again if we win at Birmingham.

I'm fickle and proud of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:56 - Sep 24 with 5631 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:54 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Edit - having read your post properly I'm putting you down as 'In'.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 15:55]

In until we get close to being 9 points adrift.

You can't sack the bloke if we are 3 or 6 points off safety by November time, because we are still close enough to turn it around with a couple of wins.

So it's in until such conditions exist. Then I think we have to make a change to try and ensure survival ahead of being a nice club that gives managers time.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 with 5627 viewsfooters

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:55 - Sep 24 by Thijssens_Tash

No, I disagree. If we are still without a win when it gets to the 2nd international break then we would seriously need to reassess our situation.

The two week break would enable a new manager to settle in. However I think we will have at least one win by then and start to make progress.

This is my position too. The only problem with it is if we get a win or two that simply paper over the cracks before we end up in deeper trouble. So count me IN at least for a few more games.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 with 5625 viewsFrimleyBlue

Let the record show, I was out on the day he signed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 with 5625 viewsWickwar_Blue

This strikes me as being very similar to the Brexit Referendum I.e. I can’t vote out without knowing the eventual deal. Hurst out but then to be replaced by whom? Megson? Therefore similar to Brexit I am going to try and ignore it and bury my head in the sand!

For now I am a nervous Hurst IN
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:59 - Sep 24 with 5605 viewsfooters

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 by FrimleyBlue

And we've heard about precious all since!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:01 - Sep 24 with 5582 viewsBluebell

Can I sit on the fence please?

I can’t think of a manager who could do anything with the 12 new players brought in and as most are on contracts we can’t get rid of them.

I wonder if we could go back a year in time, knowing what we know now, whether people would have been so vociferous about Mick.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:02 - Sep 24 with 5578 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 by FrimleyBlue

So a manager who had got all four of his previous clubs promoted and took relegation favourites to within a goal of promotion was appointed and you were immediately against it.

Care to confirm why, oh oracle?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:03 - Sep 24 with 5572 viewsbluewein

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:02 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So a manager who had got all four of his previous clubs promoted and took relegation favourites to within a goal of promotion was appointed and you were immediately against it.

Cause he wasn't Jack Ross...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:03 - Sep 24 with 5571 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:01 - Sep 24 by Bluebell

Can I sit on the fence please?

I can’t think of a manager who could do anything with the 12 new players brought in and as most are on contracts we can’t get rid of them.

I wonder if we could go back a year in time, knowing what we know now, whether people would have been so vociferous about Mick.

You may! This is just the thread you find to type 'OUT' when the day inevitably comes. All discussion should be kept to other threads.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:03]

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:04 - Sep 24 with 5559 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:56 - Sep 24 by yorkshire

In - ridiculous to be calling for his head after 10 games - still feel we will finish midtable

Have you been to any games this season?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:05 - Sep 24 with 5547 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:04 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Have you been to any games this season?

You might want to check your PMs.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:06 - Sep 24 with 5529 viewsDaleyitfc

Out : he is the right 'type' of manager, but the wrong man of that 'type'.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:10 - Sep 24 with 5504 viewssimoitfc

Im out at the mo
Give him untill international break 3 defeats and hes gone.things just not right at club at mo.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:11 - Sep 24 with 5500 viewsBluesky

IN
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 5491 viewsSwailsey

I cannot believe I'm saying this but...I'm OUT as of 16:12 on the 24th September 2018.

I just haven't warmed to him from the start and the talk of unrest behind the scenes unsettles me. I hope he changes my mind but as it stands - I've never felt more at risk of relegation.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 5489 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:55 - Sep 24 by Thijssens_Tash

Think that is probably the parameter that Evans is working on. Although worry we could be around 7/8 points a drift by then.

I would prefer them to come in now, assess for three games. And really impose themselves more over that 2 week international break.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:13 - Sep 24 with 5486 viewsFrimleyBlue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:02 - Sep 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Firstly. Didn't know I needed to give a reason. Others have said in or out.

I've already given my reasons over various spreads.

Those saying jack Ross. Yes I was more interested him in. However he poss might not have worked either.

There wasn't really many links to managers that made me think. He's defo the one.

Hurst however never floated my boat.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024