Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Hurst Position Thread! 15:50 - Sep 24 with 14472 viewsSpruceMoose

As official TWTD historian, I thought I'd start a thread where we can declare whether we are Hurst in or Out.

That way we will have an official record of which posters turned, and when. This will be useful when engaging in future bickering matches about who was worse: Keane/Jewell/Hurst?

I'll go first.

Let the record show, I'm OUT as of Saturday 22nd September at 4:45pm.

EDIT - Please people, keep discussion to other threads. This is just the thread to type 'OUT' when the time comes.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:18 - Sep 24 with 2851 viewsKeaneish

Most definitely In. Anyone calling for a manager's head after 10 games is mental in my eyes. Town seemed to have resisted joining the modern day footballing circus as other clubs have. Calling for a manager so soon after he's arrived is the first step on the road to joke clubs like QPR, Leeds, etc...

Evans won't sack him; calling for a sacking as we fear relegation will create such a negative atmosphere it'll become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:26 - Sep 24 with 2830 viewsOsborneOneNil

In........for now. I still hold a great deal of hope that it will 'click' and it all works out. Tough to see at the moment, I appreciate that, and the recent 'guess the team' thing has worried me a fair bit as it smacks of a lack of a plan.

For the record, MM had to go when he did, so there's no point moping about that either.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:29 - Sep 24 with 2825 viewsgreyhound

Out post bolton result

I went into the game feeling glum about things, got excited about our chances vs 10 men. Still didn't do enough.

Don't feel the players are onside or he has the experience to sort this out.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:31 - Sep 24 with 2820 viewsHorseboy

Can you start an Evans one please?
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:33 - Sep 24 with 2814 viewsNazemariner

IN of course.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:33 - Sep 24 with 2816 viewshaughleyblue74

In, it's not Fifa can't press the reset button when things go wrong. Hopefully it will come good but won't deny the concern regarding not creating any chances
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:33 - Sep 24 with 2814 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:31 - Sep 24 by Horseboy

Can you start an Evans one please?

Is there a need? Who is still IN at this point?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:36 - Sep 24 with 2811 viewsitfc48

Results haven't been great however happy to give more time on that front.

However if these rumours are true and they are upsetting the apple cart I'd get rid. People like Klug and Nash were here long before Hurst and Doig and I hope they are here long after. The progress of the academy has been one of the few bright spots over the past few seasons, Realistically producing our own is our only chance of success unless we suddenly get a new owner willing to throw money around.
Login to get fewer ads

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:38 - Sep 24 with 2804 viewsjudespiveyg

In, a win still lifts us out of the bottom three, a gap of any more than three and things start to look a bit worrying.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:40 - Sep 24 with 2798 viewsHorseboy

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:33 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Is there a need? Who is still IN at this point?

Evans has sailed the ship to it's current position, he is the root cause of why we are where we are.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:43 - Sep 24 with 2790 viewsSmithy

IN (just)

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:43 - Sep 24 with 2793 viewsBlueNode

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:40 - Sep 24 by Horseboy

Evans has sailed the ship to it's current position, he is the root cause of why we are where we are.

'IN'

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:43 - Sep 24 with 2793 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

2 more games......

4 Points minimum

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 16:52 - Sep 24 with 2768 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

In - but concerned about some things and want to see evidence of a philosophy and evolution over the next 5 games.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:07 - Sep 24 with 2744 viewseireblue

Still In.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:15 - Sep 24 with 2719 viewsReusersTown

IN
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 2699 viewsBluebell

I’m lonely here on my fence. Anyone care to join me?

I may jump off in a few games time. Hopefully it will be to the IN side. I have an awful suspicion it will be to the OUT side!
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:28 - Sep 24 with 2698 viewsBueller

Out post Bolton. Struggle to see him calming the waters and settling on a team before a tough set of games in October. Since the Villa game I am not really sure what has gone through his head regarding tactics and team selection to be honest.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:29 - Sep 24 with 2694 viewsfactual_blue

I'm not in. I'm not out.

I'm a shake-it all-about sort of guy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:31 - Sep 24 with 2692 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:29 - Sep 24 by factual_blue

I'm not in. I'm not out.

I'm a shake-it all-about sort of guy.

I guess you never really considered the possibility that you may make it it to see a new manager. All happening a bit quick for you I suppose.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:41 - Sep 24 with 2675 viewsfactual_blue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:31 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

I guess you never really considered the possibility that you may make it it to see a new manager. All happening a bit quick for you I suppose.

We may as well stick with Hurst until the 2037 nuclear conflagration.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:46 - Sep 24 with 2674 viewslegal_blue

IN

Because we need to work with what we've got. There's not going to be any more money. It will all come right with time, albeit, facing up to the disappointment that we're going to be nowhere near challenging for the play-offs is difficult. Some of our football this season has been great to watch. Plus margins are always very fine; we've been unlucky to fall on the wrong side so many times.

Unbeaten at home, tho'!
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 17:48 - Sep 24 with 2668 viewsTendring_Blue

Shake it all about, Give him more time.

But I'm getting very concerned, too concerned to say IN.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:12 - Sep 24 with 2644 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

OUT. Definitely out since the performance and team selection against Hull. Wasn’t too keen since the Exeter defeat and the way he spoke after that defeat.
Think he should go before the next international break, as I can’t see us winning any of the 3 games beforehand, which will mean we’ll be in serious relegation trouble
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:12 - Sep 24 with 2644 viewsPlums

I’m In.
It seems Mr Evans needs to bang some heads together for that to remain a tenable position. I will keep under constant review.

What are the rules for revision on this thread? A new post or edit this one?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024