Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Hurst Position Thread! 15:50 - Sep 24 with 14470 viewsSpruceMoose

As official TWTD historian, I thought I'd start a thread where we can declare whether we are Hurst in or Out.

That way we will have an official record of which posters turned, and when. This will be useful when engaging in future bickering matches about who was worse: Keane/Jewell/Hurst?

I'll go first.

Let the record show, I'm OUT as of Saturday 22nd September at 4:45pm.

EDIT - Please people, keep discussion to other threads. This is just the thread to type 'OUT' when the time comes.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:14 - Sep 24 with 1623 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:12 - Sep 24 by Plums

I’m In.
It seems Mr Evans needs to bang some heads together for that to remain a tenable position. I will keep under constant review.

What are the rules for revision on this thread? A new post or edit this one?

I would prefer a new post, so that we can see the precise moment you jumped into the wonderfully warm Hurst Out waters.

Also, it's important to leave the original IN posts up so people can link to them when mocking other posters about their inevitable change of heart.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 18:26]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:24 - Sep 24 with 1612 viewsWD19

I must confess I am OUT. Nothing he has done since his arrival has impressed me. He has shown many of the hallmarks of a failing middle manager. His media training is an asset for him, but earning us points it ain’t.

Hope he proves me wrong. Joe Royle did.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:04 - Sep 24 with 1587 viewsTrumptonBlue

Very concerned (and surprised) about how he's going about things but I would give him more time, so I am an inner.

It's already much more interesting than another humdrum mid-table season, at least.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 19:05]
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:06 - Sep 24 with 1581 viewsjeera

Out.

Since around a week ago if I'm honest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:47 - Sep 24 with 1550 viewsunstableblue

IN

Saturday was terrible, and depressing. But I’ve seen just enough ‘dynamic passing’ in 3 games this season to still have a little faith, plus I like the players he’s brought in.

People seem to have completely forgotten Brentford second half, and Villa
at home. And I like the energy second half against Norwich.

But he needs a win in the next 3 games and to get out of the bottom three sharpish. And to stick with his convictions on starters and players. Donacien should start.

I’m not sure the TWTD hive mind is representative of the full fan base. Who in general are just about still with him.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:49 - Sep 24 with 1547 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:47 - Sep 24 by unstableblue

IN

Saturday was terrible, and depressing. But I’ve seen just enough ‘dynamic passing’ in 3 games this season to still have a little faith, plus I like the players he’s brought in.

People seem to have completely forgotten Brentford second half, and Villa
at home. And I like the energy second half against Norwich.

But he needs a win in the next 3 games and to get out of the bottom three sharpish. And to stick with his convictions on starters and players. Donacien should start.

I’m not sure the TWTD hive mind is representative of the full fan base. Who in general are just about still with him.

And you call yourself unstable... stable more like.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:55 - Sep 24 with 1538 viewsJ2BLUE

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 15:57 - Sep 24 by FrimleyBlue

Let the record show, I was out on the day he signed.

Yes the record already shows you are an idiot. Honestly, being proud of never giving a Town manager a chance is nothing to be proud of.

I'm IN right now. I fear I will become an outer on October 6th when we have a point or less fro our next three games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:59 - Sep 24 with 1535 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:55 - Sep 24 by J2BLUE

Yes the record already shows you are an idiot. Honestly, being proud of never giving a Town manager a chance is nothing to be proud of.

I'm IN right now. I fear I will become an outer on October 6th when we have a point or less fro our next three games.

We might be full up by then. Limited to 100 places. Act fast, that is my advice.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:01 - Sep 24 with 1533 viewsflimflam

Can I not just shake it all about?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:08 - Sep 24 with 1522 viewspointofblue

IN. We are not a joke club like Leeds or Watford who sack their manager at first sign of problems and I hope it stays that way. Give Hurst a chance to pull us out of this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:14 - Sep 24 with 1515 viewsBerlinBlue

In of course. Far too early to be throwing him to the wolves.

PH has my full support.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:15 - Sep 24 with 1513 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:08 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

IN. We are not a joke club like Leeds or Watford who sack their manager at first sign of problems and I hope it stays that way. Give Hurst a chance to pull us out of this.

You mean the Watford who are 4th in the Premier League, and the Leeds who are top in the Championship? You're right. We are nothing like them.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:15 - Sep 24 with 1511 viewstomo

‘In’ but only just.

I was a big MM fan but was willing to move on and give Hurst a clean slate. However since he has been here nothing has impressed me. His exclusion of youngsters, constant changing of personnel and system as well as all the apparent off the pitch stuff makes it very hard to warm to the guy. All of the previous and more would be forgotten if we were winning games but we are not and unfortunately don’t look like doing so anytime soon.

Being the patient chap I am, I’m willing to wait 2/3 more games to see if there any signs of improvement, if there is not I will be reluctantly re-posting with an ‘Out’. Here’s hoping something just clicks.....
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:16 - Sep 24 with 1502 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:15 - Sep 24 by tomo

‘In’ but only just.

I was a big MM fan but was willing to move on and give Hurst a clean slate. However since he has been here nothing has impressed me. His exclusion of youngsters, constant changing of personnel and system as well as all the apparent off the pitch stuff makes it very hard to warm to the guy. All of the previous and more would be forgotten if we were winning games but we are not and unfortunately don’t look like doing so anytime soon.

Being the patient chap I am, I’m willing to wait 2/3 more games to see if there any signs of improvement, if there is not I will be reluctantly re-posting with an ‘Out’. Here’s hoping something just clicks.....

I'd like nothing more than for it to suddenly click. Here's hoping.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:18 - Sep 24 with 1492 viewspointofblue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:15 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

You mean the Watford who are 4th in the Premier League, and the Leeds who are top in the Championship? You're right. We are nothing like them.

I thought that as I wrote it... is chopping and changing the manager the actual way forward now?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:20 - Sep 24 with 1485 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:18 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

I thought that as I wrote it... is chopping and changing the manager the actual way forward now?

I do agree that flying from one quick decision to the next constantly is not ideal. But there's also an argument for when you've made a mistake that you move to rectify it quickly. That's Evans call to make, if he's still interested.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:23 - Sep 24 with 1481 viewspointofblue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:20 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

I do agree that flying from one quick decision to the next constantly is not ideal. But there's also an argument for when you've made a mistake that you move to rectify it quickly. That's Evans call to make, if he's still interested.

Though it’s almost important not to follow it up with another mistake - and I don’t really trust Evans not to do so.

It’s also a dangerous path to go down. If the next gaffer fails to win his first nine do we sack him too?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:25 - Sep 24 with 1473 viewsRoyKeanesDog

OUT

Poll: Best Football Song

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:26 - Sep 24 with 1471 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:25 - Sep 24 by RoyKeanesDog

OUT

Always knew you were a sensible type.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:29 - Sep 24 with 1463 viewsjeera

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:23 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Though it’s almost important not to follow it up with another mistake - and I don’t really trust Evans not to do so.

It’s also a dangerous path to go down. If the next gaffer fails to win his first nine do we sack him too?

Although of course in one way you're right, but on the other hand being patient hasn't worked.

You'd like to think a man like Evans would have clauses relating to performance in his managers' contracts.

Is that possible?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 1455 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:29 - Sep 24 by jeera

Although of course in one way you're right, but on the other hand being patient hasn't worked.

You'd like to think a man like Evans would have clauses relating to performance in his managers' contracts.

Is that possible?

Maybe there's a 'No win in ten and you're out the door with your bus fare home' type clause.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:32 - Sep 24 with 1451 viewsjeera

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:31 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Maybe there's a 'No win in ten and you're out the door with your bus fare home' type clause.

Sounds fair.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 1448 viewsLeoMuff

In, 10 games is not enough.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 1444 viewsKeno

Can I be kind of a bit of an outer, mainly cos Im hoped to see youths getting a chance to play for us not people

I'd really really really like to be wrong but to paraphrase a famous Town fan "Something is rotten in the state of Ipswich"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:34 - Sep 24 with 1441 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:32 - Sep 24 by jeera

Sounds fair.

It would be hard to think that there are many jobs where you could come in and for ten straight weeks do the opposite of what you are supposed to do and not be sent packing via a probationary period clause! Other than Theresa May I suppose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024