Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Hurst Position Thread! 15:50 - Sep 24 with 14471 viewsSpruceMoose

As official TWTD historian, I thought I'd start a thread where we can declare whether we are Hurst in or Out.

That way we will have an official record of which posters turned, and when. This will be useful when engaging in future bickering matches about who was worse: Keane/Jewell/Hurst?

I'll go first.

Let the record show, I'm OUT as of Saturday 22nd September at 4:45pm.

EDIT - Please people, keep discussion to other threads. This is just the thread to type 'OUT' when the time comes.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:34 - Sep 24 with 2893 viewspointofblue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:29 - Sep 24 by jeera

Although of course in one way you're right, but on the other hand being patient hasn't worked.

You'd like to think a man like Evans would have clauses relating to performance in his managers' contracts.

Is that possible?

I did hear today that Evans has a get out clause which starts in October - if we’re in the bottom three Hurst can be sacked without a pay off.

Not sure how true that is,though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:37 - Sep 24 with 2888 viewsDubtractor

I made this post, quite angrily, at 17:01 on Saturday.

Get rid, and get rid now. by Dubtractor 22 Sep 2018 17:01
Before it's too late.

Against 10 men for 60 minutes and we never looked like scoring.

Absolutely useless.

I'm not really a poster who goes for throwing toys out of the pram, but it really was fooking clueless and on top of all the (seemingly legitimate) noises about unrest behind the scenes, I think its a case of needed to act before its too late.

Please Hurst, prove me utterly wrong.

In reality he should be given until the international break and then a decision may well be needed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:37 - Sep 24 with 2884 viewsBloomBlue

I'm In. Because I had to put up with the shltshow which was Bobby Robson when he first started and I like many fans was shouting for him to be kicked out but thankfully the owner ignore the me and the other fans and the rest is history as they say.

Hence I'm going to give a Hurst at least until Christmas
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:39 - Sep 24 with 2879 viewsSpruceMoose

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:37 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

Before it's too late.

Absolutely useless.

I'm not really a poster who goes for throwing toys out of the pram, but it really was fooking clueless and on top of all the (seemingly legitimate) noises about unrest behind the scenes, I think its a case of needed to act before its too late.

In reality he should be given until the international break and then a decision may well be needed.

All those meetings I heard about where you chucked cups of tea across the room and pelted files at the intern tell me you underestimate your own volatility.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:55 - Sep 24 with 2853 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why not stop going? McCarthy always leaves clubs deep in the mire and this one is no exception. Employing a manager who seems not to have recognised the weakness of the squad he inherited was a catastrophic mistake. Allowing him to sell the only decent players an act of faith that now looks a serious misjudgment. Now there are no decent players and the would-be young talent marooned on loan what exactly do you expect a new manager to achieve? Even with the performances being awful and the manager flailing and failing the club are nowhere near adrift, nor will they be in such a poor division. Man up or stay away.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 21:49 - Sep 24 with 2813 viewsreusersfreekicks

In
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 22:40 - Sep 24 with 2781 viewsunstableblue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 19:49 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

And you call yourself unstable... stable more like.

I crave stability and strong leadership

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 06:08 - Sep 25 with 2726 viewsBrixtonBlue

In.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 06:08 - Sep 25 with 2726 viewsBrixtonBlue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:31 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Maybe there's a 'No win in ten and you're out the door with your bus fare home' type clause.

No win no fee?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 06:29 - Sep 25 with 2718 viewsBenters2

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:37 - Sep 24 by BloomBlue

I'm In. Because I had to put up with the shltshow which was Bobby Robson when he first started and I like many fans was shouting for him to be kicked out but thankfully the owner ignore the me and the other fans and the rest is history as they say.

Hence I'm going to give a Hurst at least until Christmas

In.

All this comparing him with Robson is miles out though.its never going to happen again.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 06:56 - Sep 25 with 2703 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ou...................In!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:26 - Sep 25 with 2699 viewsScottCandage

In. But come see me in another month.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:29 - Sep 25 with 2697 viewsCurrie10

100% OUT post Bolton game.

Was out in the city at the time, and the result looked bad enough. Got back and delved into it somewhat.

The final straw for me was the Walters injury.

For a manager so hellbent on fitness - so called - to risk Walters is beyond me.
Coupled with chucking Graham into the 11 for Norwich!

Yet Dozzell, oh no.

#HURSTOUT
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 7:33]
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:36 - Sep 25 with 2692 viewspatrickswell

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:55 - Sep 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Why not stop going? McCarthy always leaves clubs deep in the mire and this one is no exception. Employing a manager who seems not to have recognised the weakness of the squad he inherited was a catastrophic mistake. Allowing him to sell the only decent players an act of faith that now looks a serious misjudgment. Now there are no decent players and the would-be young talent marooned on loan what exactly do you expect a new manager to achieve? Even with the performances being awful and the manager flailing and failing the club are nowhere near adrift, nor will they be in such a poor division. Man up or stay away.

This is nothing to do with McCarthy. The fact Waghorn and Garner were all keen to accept moves rather than give the new project a chance possibly indicates that they knew something was rotten about this from the time they started working with it.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:51 - Sep 25 with 2680 viewsChondzoresk

Good bye PH. It didn't work. Seen enough now.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:51 - Sep 25 with 2680 viewsCurrie10

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:55 - Sep 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Rubbish. Absolute toss.

McCarthy left us in a hole? He left Hurst a big pot of £££ to play with. Hurst has got himself in the mire.

Do you understand football? Have you played it?
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:52 - Sep 25 with 2680 viewsBiGDonnie

He has absolutely fooked everything up since he's been here, sales, signings, loans, Dozzell, Nydam, Wolf, selections, tactics, player unrest, staff unrest, publicly slating the team in his third game.

HE PLAYED A CB AT RB FFS.

The list goes on.

I say give him until the international break, if we've failed to win a game by then, he's got to go. I can't see us winning a single game under him.

I'd love to see Burley given a go until the end of the season.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 7:52]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:53 - Sep 25 with 2678 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Out as of Bolton.

Really hoped that this guy would be a saviour, but the constant team changes, lack of imagination in substitutions and the sheer volume of reports that stuff isn't right behind the scenes.

With Keane and Jewell, I felt for a long time that things would turn, but with this guy, I just have a really bad feeling.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 08:01 - Sep 25 with 2669 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 07:29 - Sep 25 by Currie10

100% OUT post Bolton game.

Was out in the city at the time, and the result looked bad enough. Got back and delved into it somewhat.

The final straw for me was the Walters injury.

For a manager so hellbent on fitness - so called - to risk Walters is beyond me.
Coupled with chucking Graham into the 11 for Norwich!

Yet Dozzell, oh no.

#HURSTOUT
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 7:33]

This.

Additionally, for a manager so hell bent on fitness, we seem a longways off the pace.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 08:45 - Sep 25 with 2648 viewsGeoffSentence

OUT

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 09:09 - Sep 25 with 2634 viewsDanTheMan

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:37 - Sep 24 by Dubtractor

Before it's too late.

Absolutely useless.

I'm about here.

Head is saying that he should be given more time and it might turn around, heart is telling me that something is just really wrong.

Think I've been very supportive of all our managers (overly supportive at times) but something isn't sitting right with me at the moment. Can't put my finger on it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 09:11 - Sep 25 with 2633 viewsStadiumofdark

Out.

Like the idea of a manager that's evidently on his way up, rather than way down.... but just not Paul Hurst. I don't like him. He's too short, and clueless. Too many changes. Out of his depth. Go now.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 09:21 - Sep 25 with 2626 viewsBaaBaaBlue

In.. most definitely in.

I've always said I'd settle for 4th from bottom this season, and push on next season.. sometimes the negativity within this club drives me mad
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 2602 viewsdusseldorf_blue

IN
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 10:30 - Sep 25 with 2591 viewsPinewoodblue

I'm on the fence but I am beginning to think Waghorn and Garner may have left because they could see what was coming.........time is running out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024