Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Evans does sack Hurst soon 16:06 - Sep 24 with 1356 viewsReuser_is_God

Does he lose one of his only plus points as an owner?

That plus point being that he gives time to managers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 19:18 - Sep 24 with 1272 viewsstrikalite

A tough one, all about opinion but if it gets to twelve games without a win then I doubt even Evans could allow him to continue and would have to hold his hands up to admitting this time he got it wrong, no disgrace in that imo..

Or will it all be about not willing to pay them off? A gamble that might not pay off and cost him a lot more in the long run by dropping down a League...would he risk that?
If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 20:50 - Sep 24 with 1218 viewspatrickswell

The run so far must be giving him deja vu in that he gave Keane and Jewell time to get us out of trouble in their first seasons only for them to repeat their failings in the second season. If you don’t have a win on the board after 12 games, it’s not harsh to think “mmm, I don’t think this guy is going to cut it.”
If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 20:53 - Sep 24 with 1208 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wouldn't worry. It's not going to happen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 20:59 - Sep 24 with 1201 viewsFootballpete

I’m starting to wonder if even that is such a plus point. Mick aside, his appointments have been dreadful, his communication with the fans likewise, his vision for the club is non existent as apparently is his knowledge of football. The result is a football club drifting in to obscurity whilst also being a drain on his fortune with no prospect of ever becoming profitable.

People talk about Hurst being out of his depth, Evans is way out.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:07 - Sep 25 with 1088 viewsSteve_M

Not really, better that he acknowledges he's made poor decision than doubling down.

In many ways, not making the decision to either sack or back Keane in the Summer of 2010 started the real sense of drift at the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:10 - Sep 25 with 1075 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Does Evans have any plus points as an owner?
If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:11 - Sep 25 with 1078 viewsBluebell

Perhaps it depends on how long his contract is and what it would cost to pay him off?

Would ME really want to pay out that a huge amount and then have to start paying another manager?
If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:22 - Sep 25 with 1058 viewstractorboy1978

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:11 - Sep 25 by Bluebell

Perhaps it depends on how long his contract is and what it would cost to pay him off?

Would ME really want to pay out that a huge amount and then have to start paying another manager?

If he thinks we are genuinely in danger of relegation he will. The bigger issue at the moments seems to be the rumours of unrest and upset off the pitch. If true, and i've heard from a couple of people independently very similar stories then it makes it very difficult for Hurst to carry on.
Login to get fewer ads

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:35 - Sep 25 with 1030 viewstextbackup

would sum it all up for me if he did get rid of Hurst so soon.

He sat with thumb up arse for so long with MM and dillydallied, then appoints a younger man from lower leagues like most of us hoped would happen then pulls the trigger.

could only be ITFC.

gotta be honest, im a bit numb to it all now.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Evans does sack Hurst soon on 08:38 - Sep 25 with 1026 viewsSuperfrans

If he does sack him, it won't simply be about his inability to get his team gelling on the pitch and therefore winning.

It will be because Hurst appears to have lost confidence in his own system, in alarmingly super-quick time - having come in and thrown his weight around, alienating Bowman, Klug etc. All of the above, plus we now look less likely to win a game of football than we did two games into his tenure.

The chances are, we may get 8-10 points by the international break. If we do that (1 win and 2 draws in the next 3 games), he has a chance of fighting on, I would say.

If we are on less than that (we draw 1 or 2, but still haven't won), we will be on 7 points or less after 12 games - the chances of relegation will have massively increased compared to where we were before the Norwich game.

The decision for Evans then would be whether he is willing to let Hurst stay and take us down, so we can rebuild next season under him. He will have to feel confident that he has a manager who he can trust and work with in the long-term.

Based on all the murmurs coming out of the club, I just don't think that's the situation and that Evans will replace him.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 8:49]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024