Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor show by fans 18:29 - Sep 24 with 5102 viewsbraveblue

Read so much damning of Hurst and Doug. It is 9 games!!!! We are Ipswich. We don’t sack after a handful of games. Calm down snd support your team. Accept the manager and the new players.
Poor show by fans on 18:39 - Sep 24 with 3769 viewssticklegs

Totally agree with you. All this whinging is just totally embarrassing and systematic of the modern fickle football fan. Give fella a chance, we’ve only played nine matches. As for booing on Saturday ....in my opinion, if you’re going to do that don’t come to the game!
Poor show by fans on 18:40 - Sep 24 with 3756 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 18:39 - Sep 24 by sticklegs

Totally agree with you. All this whinging is just totally embarrassing and systematic of the modern fickle football fan. Give fella a chance, we’ve only played nine matches. As for booing on Saturday ....in my opinion, if you’re going to do that don’t come to the game!

Wake me up when we show a modicum of improvement or coherent plan as to how we are going to play, and also when the off field stuff isn't a complete and utter mess.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 18:42]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor show by fans on 18:41 - Sep 24 with 3752 viewsDanTheMan

We've not won a bloody game. It's not like we're mid table, we've looked like we've gone backwards since the first game, not picked up crucial points (e.g. against Bolton).

Of course people are gonna be annoyed. The stuff coming out from the ITK people is just the cherry on top.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Poor show by fans on 18:42 - Sep 24 with 3745 viewsMullet

Quite right.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/braveblue/comments/

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Poor show by fans on 20:06 - Sep 24 with 3642 viewsronnyblue

They are not providing anything to earn the support of the town fans! Evans laid out what was expected but the deadly duo have only supplied conflict and a worse standard of football and entertainment. The sooner the situation is rectified by the removal of the deadly duo and the return of the calm, family atmosphere at the club by the promotion of the current coaches at the moment with the development teams who have a better idea of the capabilities of the young players and how best to utilise them .
Poor show by fans on 20:11 - Sep 24 with 3623 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 18:40 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Wake me up when we show a modicum of improvement or coherent plan as to how we are going to play, and also when the off field stuff isn't a complete and utter mess.

What off field stuff? You mean the X has fallen out with Y which just creates more tension, conflict and concern without full evidence when it isn’t really needed at this point?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Poor show by fans on 20:14 - Sep 24 with 3602 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:11 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

What off field stuff? You mean the X has fallen out with Y which just creates more tension, conflict and concern without full evidence when it isn’t really needed at this point?

Nope. Other stuff. Stuff I won't divulge.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Poor show by fans on 20:16 - Sep 24 with 3594 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 20:14 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Nope. Other stuff. Stuff I won't divulge.

That’s useful.

Sorry for sounding annoyed,just we have enough issues on the pitch without accusations and ‘nods’ towards problems off the pitch doing the rounds too.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor show by fans on 20:17 - Sep 24 with 3583 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:16 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

That’s useful.

Sorry for sounding annoyed,just we have enough issues on the pitch without accusations and ‘nods’ towards problems off the pitch doing the rounds too.

Sorry. I'm just giving you my opinion based on what I know/have been told by those who do know. I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me, or for my posts to persuade anyone else.

Poor show by fans on 20:18 - Sep 24 with 3585 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor show by fans on 20:11 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

No.

It's a fecking mess. Worse than bad.

Believe though what you want.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Poor show by fans on 20:20 - Sep 24 with 3567 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 20:17 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Sorry. I'm just giving you my opinion based on what I know/have been told by those who do know. I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me, or for my posts to persuade anyone else.

Sounds like a lot of people ‘in the know’ want it to get out - the club seems to be leaking like a sieve at the moment.

Poor show by fans on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 3559 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:20 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Sounds like a lot of people ‘in the know’ want it to get out - the club seems to be leaking like a sieve at the moment.

Maybe they do, maybe it is, and maybe that tells us something.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:22]

Poor show by fans on 20:22 - Sep 24 with 3549 viewsLeagueOne

Equally there is a culture of fans attacking other fans like this for not being real supporters just because they are concerned. I feel he should be given a month to turn it around but from what I have seen so far, and I am not the only one saying it, this looks like the worst team we've ever put out here. The results have proven it so far too. You can only pop at your fellow fans so long surely before you look to the decision makers? Ultimately we didn't set the budget, sign the players, pick the team, the formation ... it's not the negative fans fault we're bottom.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Poor show by fans on 20:23 - Sep 24 with 3534 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:22 - Sep 24 by LeagueOne

Equally there is a culture of fans attacking other fans like this for not being real supporters just because they are concerned. I feel he should be given a month to turn it around but from what I have seen so far, and I am not the only one saying it, this looks like the worst team we've ever put out here. The results have proven it so far too. You can only pop at your fellow fans so long surely before you look to the decision makers? Ultimately we didn't set the budget, sign the players, pick the team, the formation ... it's not the negative fans fault we're bottom.

My real question is 'where the hell are the budgies'? We are in a right old shape and they are nowhere to be found on the board. They're missing some decent opportunities to point and laugh at the moment.

Poor show by fans on 20:27 - Sep 24 with 3519 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 20:21 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

Maybe they do, maybe it is, and maybe that tells us something.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:22]

It says something that I don’t think people were blabbing like this even under Keane’s winless run and we know how likeable he was!

My feeling, and I could be way off, that Hurst and Doig have shoved some of the “old guard’s” noses out of joint and they’re pushing back, with the first team squad in the middle.

Poor show by fans on 20:30 - Sep 24 with 3509 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:27 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

It says something that I don’t think people were blabbing like this even under Keane’s winless run and we know how likeable he was!

My feeling, and I could be way off, that Hurst and Doig have shoved some of the “old guard’s” noses out of joint and they’re pushing back, with the first team squad in the middle.

We don't really have that many old guard left to upset.

Poor show by fans on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 3505 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 20:30 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

We don't really have that many old guard left to upset.

Klug, Nash, Lee...

Poor show by fans on 20:36 - Sep 24 with 3491 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor show by fans on 20:33 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Klug, Nash, Lee...

What if they are 100% right to be concerned, if indeed they are upset? Should we just ignore that in order to back the new boss? What if they new boss is terrible?

The issue is, there doesn't appear to be anyone at the club with the authority to determine how Hurst and Doig are performing, and act on it, off field at least.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:39]

Poor show by fans on 20:45 - Sep 24 with 3461 viewspointofblue

Poor show by fans on 20:36 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

What if they are 100% right to be concerned, if indeed they are upset? Should we just ignore that in order to back the new boss? What if they new boss is terrible?

The issue is, there doesn't appear to be anyone at the club with the authority to determine how Hurst and Doig are performing, and act on it, off field at least.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:39]

To be fair Mick didn’t really have that counter balance either, or Jewell, or Keane... maybe that’s
is part of the problem - the manager is only answerable to Evans who doesn’t have enough of a hands on interest to have an impact until we’re sliding.

Hurst has proven himself at every stage of his career to date, seemingly without a fractious atmosphere. It’s not like Keane, where everyone knew he could completely lose it at any given time. Has Hurst simply bitten off more than he can chew here?

Poor show by fans on 21:53 - Sep 24 with 3360 viewsMullet

Poor show by fans on 20:18 - Sep 24 by Lord_Lucan

No.

It's a fecking mess. Worse than bad.

Believe though what you want.

If half of it is true we're as good as down without severe change and some serious UN style peacekeeping. Whatever form that takes and whether it's enough remains to be seen.

Not only worried we might be the weakest team in the league on the field, but off it ..... wow

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Poor show by fans on 22:14 - Sep 24 with 3307 viewsmonty_radio

Poor show by fans on 18:41 - Sep 24 by DanTheMan

We've not won a bloody game. It's not like we're mid table, we've looked like we've gone backwards since the first game, not picked up crucial points (e.g. against Bolton).

Of course people are gonna be annoyed. The stuff coming out from the ITK people is just the cherry on top.

"annoyed" wasn't the O.P.'s term - it was about damning Hurst and Doig i.e. condemning them out of hand.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Poor show by fans on 22:26 - Sep 24 with 3259 viewsjasondozzell

Well said.
Poor show by fans on 22:27 - Sep 24 with 3255 viewsjasondozzell

Completely agree too. Proper supporters don't give up after 9 games!
Poor show by fans on 22:36 - Sep 24 with 3215 views44_not_out

Poor show by fans on 18:40 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

I agree!
I now know how the MM haters felt (i liked him and still do - but respect that others didn’t). I have no desire to go and watch, and if it wasn’t for the fact my father in law would be upset if I stopped going, I’d cancel my season ticket direct debit. Hurst has ripped the heart out of this club. Sold players for the sake of it, to raise funds for players who wouldn’t be able to lace Waggy’s boots. Fortunately, those out on loan will return and the likes of Dozzell, Downs et al, will become the backbone of our club under a new regime. It appears to me that Hurst has done no research on what he was inheriting and was intent on building a side around Nolan and Toto. I find it interesting that despite how good Nolan was made out to be, there were no other clubs busting a gut to buy him! Getting rid now would not be knee jerk but instead a damage limitation and will demonstrate ME will admit he made a poor choice.

Word is, there is a clause that if we are in the bottom 3 after 10 games, he doesn’t receive a compensation package and will go without a pay off.... I know it’s speculation and hearsay but I pray it’s true!

If I read one more comment stating ‘takes time to gel’ I will scream. It is such a cliche and usually used by people who know nothing about football. Good footballers are simply that and can get on with it regardless what system is used.
Poor show by fans on 22:40 - Sep 24 with 3201 viewslowhouseblue

Poor show by fans on 22:27 - Sep 24 by jasondozzell

Completely agree too. Proper supporters don't give up after 9 games!

hurst doesn't affect my support for ipswich. but i haven't seen anything since he came to suggest he can turn it around. i really hope i'm wrong but that's how it looks. from what i've seen so far he's taking us down.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024