Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team bonding 21:23 - Sep 24 with 2176 viewsITFC_Follower

Anyone thought that maybe as there are so many new players maybe efforts should be made to bond the squad?

- Bowling trips?
- meals out?
-laser quest?
-golf?
-go karting?

might take the pressure off too.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 21:24]
Team bonding on 21:25 - Sep 24 with 2159 viewsWicklowBlue

Just brought my team in work to a night out Karting on Friday. It was brilliant fun and everyone loved it.

Not sure they are better footballers from it though.
Team bonding on 21:35 - Sep 24 with 2125 viewsITFC_Follower

Team bonding on 21:25 - Sep 24 by WicklowBlue

Just brought my team in work to a night out Karting on Friday. It was brilliant fun and everyone loved it.

Not sure they are better footballers from it though.

haha

Point being though a lot of people seem to post on here about tactics and formations etc but these are human beings who do not really know each other and have moved from one part of the country to here and its all new and its not going well.

So surely the first step is to relax and have fun and bond as a team. A good team spirit should help a great deal.

The human element is very important in any team. I think sometimes the championship manager type of fans loose sense of that in their computerised robotic world.
Team bonding on 21:39 - Sep 24 with 2114 viewsHennikerBlu

This crossed my mind pre season with all the changes, I certainly would expect something to happen regarding team building outside of the 'job' and we had the international break. However, perhaps it has not, that would be very worrying as building a good team spirit and camaraderie is pretty critical.
Team bonding on 22:05 - Sep 24 with 2068 views3_5_2

Paintball

Find out who your mates are then

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Team bonding on 23:59 - Sep 24 with 1977 viewsBLUEBEAT

Araldite

Poll: W or W

Team bonding on 07:20 - Sep 25 with 1893 viewsDeano69

Perhaps they should go and work in an office, factory, farm or on a building site for a week to remind them what a privileged life they lead compared to the supporters that cough up their hard earned cash to watch them.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Team bonding on 08:01 - Sep 25 with 1864 viewsBiGDonnie

That's the absolute minimum that should be done when trying to bed in new employees. Although judging by Hursts start, it wouldn't surprise me if nothing had been done.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Team bonding on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 1846 viewsGeoffSentence

They should all go for a training session with the paras at Colchester.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Team bonding on 13:56 - Sep 25 with 1792 viewsBondiBlue

Team bonding on 08:01 - Sep 25 by BiGDonnie

That's the absolute minimum that should be done when trying to bed in new employees. Although judging by Hursts start, it wouldn't surprise me if nothing had been done.

He did take them to Portugal. Problem is he then went and signed an entire new first team squad after they got back.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Team bonding on 14:43 - Sep 25 with 1758 viewshype313

Team bonding on 08:36 - Sep 25 by GeoffSentence

They should all go for a training session with the paras at Colchester.

Woodward done that with the WC winning team in 03, he wanted to know who were team players and who weren't, quite interesting as players who had played previously and were pencilled in were then exiled from the team and the WC from what the Marines had said.

Woodward remembers a senior Marine trainer telling him: “Ok, if you want to hear it, there are men in your squad who we wouldn’t go into battle with. It’s not about their skills, it’s about their attitude and effect on the team.

“In high-pressure combat situations just one negative trait can destroy a whole team. One wrong team player can sap the energy from the whole group.”

Unfortunately for us right now, it sounds like the manager is the one!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Team bonding on 14:44 - Sep 25 with 1750 viewsSpruceMoose

Night club gang bang.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Team bonding on 14:46 - Sep 25 with 1738 viewsTown_Blue17

I would have thought they would have done this anyway, to be honest.

Guess it's different for footballers compared to the normal team building in a office environment for example.

If Hurst and Doig started eating with the squad instead of eating in their office/sitting by themselves that also might have a positive affect on the team as well.
Team bonding on 15:33 - Sep 25 with 1702 viewsCurrie10

Paul Hurst certainly would be an advocate of go karting, would go along with his car crash management so far.

In all seriousness ( that's not that off! ) you'd hope they'd done something or other to bring some team spirit together.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024