Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who watch the u23's regularly 15:10 - Sep 25 with 928 viewsskyblue23

Afternoon all, I'm hoping the people who regularly attend the u23's games can clear something up for me. I've seen two comments today regarding Dozzell, one claiming he is 'ripping it up for the u23s' and the other saying he shows flashes of good but isn't by any means outstanding for them (Something along those lines anyway).

I don't think anybody can judge him unless they've been attending the u23's this season regularly. This doesn't mean you've watched him for 10 minutes on the facebook live stream with the tv on in the background either.

So what are your genuine opinions of him if you do watch the u23's on the regular?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:25 - Sep 25 with 888 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn't say he is ripping it up at that level, but he isn't the sort of player that will ever do that and the role in the system played doesn't allow it.

What I would say though, is that everytime I see him, he reaffirms my belief that he is the best passer in the club, he uses the ball better than anyone in the first team and sees things mere mortals can't.

He may not complete the pass everytime, but if Hurst is talking about the need to be positive on the ball and pass forwards and can't find from for Dozzer in his team then I have to question his eyesight!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:27 - Sep 25 with 870 viewsskyblue23

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:25 - Sep 25 by itfcjoe

I wouldn't say he is ripping it up at that level, but he isn't the sort of player that will ever do that and the role in the system played doesn't allow it.

What I would say though, is that everytime I see him, he reaffirms my belief that he is the best passer in the club, he uses the ball better than anyone in the first team and sees things mere mortals can't.

He may not complete the pass everytime, but if Hurst is talking about the need to be positive on the ball and pass forwards and can't find from for Dozzer in his team then I have to question his eyesight!

Perfect that's exactly what I'm looking to find out and especially from a trusted poster like yourself! Thanks Joe

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:37 - Sep 25 with 845 viewsTractorCam

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:25 - Sep 25 by itfcjoe

Exactly what Joe has said, I've attended 3 of the home games and he hasn't been 'man of the match' in any of them, mainly because I'd say we play more down the wings. As a team the play from defence to attack is beautiful on the eye, and when Dozzell is involved, he's always looking forward and will 90% of the time pick out his man no matter how far away is he.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:42 - Sep 25 with 825 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'v watched 3-4 games now on FB and last night being the last one against Coventry

I wouldn't say he's ripping it up by any stretch of the imagination and he still looks a little lightweight BUT...he opens doors so to speak.

I was lucky enough to play with his Dad bloody years ago for Suffolk and he has the very same traits as his Dad with is running style that is deceitfully quick really and also his vision

I'm hoping he gets some time in the first team very soon because I honestly believe his creativity is the sort of stuff we need right now allowing Edwards to concentrate on looking for through balls and also Jackson.Once he gets the time in the first XI ,I'm no medic but I'm convinced this will only help his "injury" in terms of strengthening

I guess in summary , he's really not ripping it up in the U23's but we do miss someone with his quality and vision
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 15:44]

Poll: If it were one or the other

People who watch the u23's regularly on 16:45 - Sep 25 with 704 viewsReusersTown

People who watch the u23's regularly on 15:42 - Sep 25 by Metal_Hacker

I'v watched 3-4 games now on FB and last night being the last one against Coventry

I wouldn't say he's ripping it up by any stretch of the imagination and he still looks a little lightweight BUT...he opens doors so to speak.

I was lucky enough to play with his Dad bloody years ago for Suffolk and he has the very same traits as his Dad with is running style that is deceitfully quick really and also his vision

I'm hoping he gets some time in the first team very soon because I honestly believe his creativity is the sort of stuff we need right now allowing Edwards to concentrate on looking for through balls and also Jackson.Once he gets the time in the first XI ,I'm no medic but I'm convinced this will only help his "injury" in terms of strengthening

I guess in summary , he's really not ripping it up in the U23's but we do miss someone with his quality and vision
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 15:44]

From what I've seen recently since he's comeback he does seem a bit more lightweight than the first game of last year, when he looked about ready to step up. I might just be seeing things though and have no proof.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024