Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Walters injury 18:40 - Sep 26 with 910 viewscbower

I like Jon Walters. I liked him when he was here and think he was a solid Premiership player for the Potters. The injury he has suffered is a disaster for him and may very well signal the end of his career at this level. I wish him well. The way this has occurred makes Hurst and his scientific approach look stupid and hollow. The best our manager seems able to do is say Jon said he was good to go, so I put in on the bench. What was the advice of the medical team? Embarrassing to be honest. However, his enforced absence might stop us lumping the ball up to him which is what we have done since he came in for the Norwich game. At Hull it was embarrassing to watch and a clear abandoning of everything Hurst said he stood for and had seemingly made an effort to develop up to and including the game at Hillsborough. Come on Hursty, deploy the high intensity pressing game, play through the midfield and get your attacking players to move with pace and intent. Turn the negative of Walter's injury into a positive- oh, and play Donacien at right back ffs. He has done nothing wrong since the Rotherham game - in fact, he's looked quite good.

bluescouser

The Walters injury on 19:02 - Sep 26 with 871 viewsjas0999

Walters was carrying an injury when he joined us. A player of his experience would typically discuss whether he’s fit with the manager and often the manager will go with them. That said, it was I’ll advised on this occasion. Buck does stop with the manager unfortunately.
The Walters injury on 19:56 - Sep 26 with 809 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you don’t know what the advice of the medical team was, how was it an “embarrassing decision”.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Walters injury on 20:09 - Sep 26 with 789 viewscbower

The Walters injury on 19:56 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

If you don’t know what the advice of the medical team was, how was it an “embarrassing decision”.

If the advice of the medical team was that Walters was ok, then it would seem they are not quite up to the job. If their advice was that to play Walters was a risk and Hurst chose to play him anyway, then very poor decision. If all he relied on was Walters say so, then that is not the scientific approach to injuries, rehab and player welfare we have been led to believe is now at the club. Which ever way yo look at it, it doesn't look good for Hurst and / or his medical team.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024