Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? 18:45 - Sep 26 with 2596 viewstextbackup

Personally it seemed a very desparate and crowd pleasing signing.

And the inclusion of him made it really easy to hit the ball long.

If we go down then fck it, just please go down with the football and ideas he (hurst) brought with him.

Get them playing a way he wants and they’ll recognise, them we hit the ground running for a moral boosting title win...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 18:47 - Sep 26 with 2564 viewsBluefish

Or bring Mick back and finish top half?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 18:52 - Sep 26 with 2552 viewsgood_at_COD

I suspect it was Evans’ idea to inject some experience into the squad and that Hurst didn’t even want Walters on board. No, it’s not def info, more of an educated guess, but either way it was not a gamble worth taking.

Giggsy

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:11 - Sep 26 with 2496 viewsjas0999

Yes. In terms of experience around the club.

... but he wasn’t fit. Big problem considering we have just two strikers with no experience at this level.
Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:15 - Sep 26 with 2485 viewsartsbossbeard

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 18:52 - Sep 26 by good_at_COD

I suspect it was Evans’ idea to inject some experience into the squad and that Hurst didn’t even want Walters on board. No, it’s not def info, more of an educated guess, but either way it was not a gamble worth taking.

Interesting take on things.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:24 - Sep 26 with 2456 viewsSteve_M

Yes, as an option off the bench and to provide a focal point in matches where we needed it. We're now desperately weak up front again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:25 - Sep 26 with 2454 viewsSomethingBlue

We can make nice soothing noises like that about what would happen if we went down but the reality would be starkly different and we must do *whatever* it takes to avoid it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:25 - Sep 26 with 2449 viewschristiand

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:11 - Sep 26 by jas0999

... but he wasn’t fit. Big problem considering we have just two strikers with no experience at this level.

Yep and both Jackson and Harrison struggling to score. Not looking good is it?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:26 - Sep 26 with 2441 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:11 - Sep 26 by jas0999

Maybe we could tempt Davitt out of retirement, he once scored with the back of his head from 28 yards against Barnsley Reserves you know.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 19:27 - Sep 26 with 2438 viewsBloots

...so I doubt he'll be too concerned.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 19:36 - Sep 26 with 2408 viewstextbackup

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 19:27 - Sep 26 by Bloots

Bloody doig bullying old ladies in the street again to ensure the deal went through?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don't think that incident.... on 19:42 - Sep 26 with 2378 viewsBloots

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 19:36 - Sep 26 by textbackup

Bloody doig bullying old ladies in the street again to ensure the deal went through?!

...had anything to do with the Walters signing.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:57 - Sep 26 with 2347 viewsLord_Lucan

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 18:52 - Sep 26 by good_at_COD

Funny you should say that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 20:22 - Sep 26 with 2274 viewschicoazul

Hurst didn't sign Walters.... on 19:27 - Sep 26 by Bloots

Maybe...maybe...he deliberately played Walters knowing he would get injured!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 20:25 - Sep 26 with 2262 viewsGuthrum

Yes. Score a few goals, get a win or two, take the pressure off and give the others a chance to play with a bit more freedom.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 20:33 - Sep 26 with 2220 viewshorsehollerer

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:25 - Sep 26 by christiand

Yep and both Jackson and Harrison struggling to score. Not looking good is it?

You're right, of course, that they haven't been scoring, but has it really been down to them? The real struggle IMO is our failure as a team to create clear-cut chances for our strikers.

In the second half against Brentford, Jackson had four good efforts on goal; he hit a decent strike straight at the keeper, slammed an overhead kick against the crossbar, scored a brilliant header, and then messed up a last-minute one-on-one, which he admitted was down to his fatigue at that stage. We needed to follow that up by giving him good service against Bolton, but instead we created nothing for him.

Same with Harrison... at Sheff Wed, after Nsiala equalised, we had our tails up and Harrison forced two really good saves from the keeper in the space of 5 mins. Very unlucky not to score. And of course against West Ham he had two good chances — scored the first and hit the post with the second. But other than the one-on-one at Rotherham, have we actually created another chance for him all season?

I'll stick my neck out and say they can both score goals for us if we give them some service. (Dozzell, Huws... please!)

And I agree with texters on the silver lining about Walters... at least we won't now be lumping the ball up to the big number 39. The Norwich game was when Hurst's project ran aground. We could all see the progress up to that point. Been utter chaos ever since. Let's get back to those principles.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 20:43 - Sep 26 with 2177 viewschristiand

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 20:33 - Sep 26 by horsehollerer

You're right, of course, that they haven't been scoring, but has it really been down to them? The real struggle IMO is our failure as a team to create clear-cut chances for our strikers.

In the second half against Brentford, Jackson had four good efforts on goal; he hit a decent strike straight at the keeper, slammed an overhead kick against the crossbar, scored a brilliant header, and then messed up a last-minute one-on-one, which he admitted was down to his fatigue at that stage. We needed to follow that up by giving him good service against Bolton, but instead we created nothing for him.

Same with Harrison... at Sheff Wed, after Nsiala equalised, we had our tails up and Harrison forced two really good saves from the keeper in the space of 5 mins. Very unlucky not to score. And of course against West Ham he had two good chances — scored the first and hit the post with the second. But other than the one-on-one at Rotherham, have we actually created another chance for him all season?

I'll stick my neck out and say they can both score goals for us if we give them some service. (Dozzell, Huws... please!)

And I agree with texters on the silver lining about Walters... at least we won't now be lumping the ball up to the big number 39. The Norwich game was when Hurst's project ran aground. We could all see the progress up to that point. Been utter chaos ever since. Let's get back to those principles.

Hard to disagree with those points Horsehollerer. Just with us, as we all know, we don’t make that many chances and we need players that are going to be clinical in front of goal without needing 3 or 4 chances to score 1. Perhaps the Walters injury could be a blessing when things look their most bleakest?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 21:09 - Sep 26 with 2120 viewsWD19

Hurst was so lukewarm to Walters arrival that he then played him half fit.....?
Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 21:28 - Sep 26 with 2085 viewslongtimefan

Did any one seriously think a half fit Walters would be enough to really help? on 19:57 - Sep 26 by Lord_Lucan

Funny you should say that.

You beat me too it. It’s exactly what I was told.😬
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024