Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison 09:21 - Sep 27 with 18829 viewsmonytowbray

https://drillordrop.com/2018/09/26/breaking-anti-fracking-protesters-become-firs

Have we got our country and values back yet? Asking for a friend...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:45 - Sep 27 with 4096 viewsSwansea_Blue

You need to put in into perspective. Some old dears had to wait 45 minutes for a bus. What price is the environment compared to that?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 4094 viewscaught-in-limbo

Interesting article. My position on this is best summed up by the QC for one of the defendants, who said:

“It is a mark of a civilised society that it can accommodate protest.”

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:46 - Sep 27 with 4090 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:45 - Sep 27 by Swansea_Blue

You need to put in into perspective. Some old dears had to wait 45 minutes for a bus. What price is the environment compared to that?

Rule Britannia !

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:51 - Sep 27 with 4082 viewsWeWereZombies

We will be at the point where the Draconian measures meted out to EarthFirst in the States occur before we know it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:53 - Sep 27 with 4079 viewsBluefish

If you set you own business and someone jammed your internet or stood in front of your monitor all day would you be annoyed? What about if you had a shop and they stood outside telling people that you are a wrong un?

There seems to be a drive led by mcdonnell that all businesses are evil and it is fair game to damage them. Apparently this protects workers but from where I am looking Labour want to take us back to their previous unemployment levels again from decades ago

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:54 - Sep 27 with 4076 viewsgiant_stow

Very long sentences for the crime, no matter what you think of them. Don't fck with property or business hey?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:55 - Sep 27 with 4067 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:53 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

If you set you own business and someone jammed your internet or stood in front of your monitor all day would you be annoyed? What about if you had a shop and they stood outside telling people that you are a wrong un?

There seems to be a drive led by mcdonnell that all businesses are evil and it is fair game to damage them. Apparently this protects workers but from where I am looking Labour want to take us back to their previous unemployment levels again from decades ago

Nobody's saying that all businesses are evil, just this type (although evil is a bit strong).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:56 - Sep 27 with 4061 viewslowhouseblue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:46 - Sep 27 by caught-in-limbo

Interesting article. My position on this is best summed up by the QC for one of the defendants, who said:

“It is a mark of a civilised society that it can accommodate protest.”

hypothetically, and thinking in entirely abstract terms, are there limits to the protest we can accommodate? violence and damage to property the law is very clear on. but beyond that, would you say anything goes? or does protest reach a point that we can't accommodate. jehvah's witnesses entirely blocking the entrances to a hospital for a month in protest about blood transfusions?

cos, by itself and without thinking about it's application in practice, your quote is pretty damn meaningless.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 4052 viewsWeWereZombies

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:53 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Labour are not particularly strong on the environment and have been responsible for some pretty small minded pieces of legislation restricting the rights of the individual when in government. I think you mean Caroline Lucas and the Green party.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:58 - Sep 27 with 4051 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:56 - Sep 27 by lowhouseblue

hypothetically, and thinking in entirely abstract terms, are there limits to the protest we can accommodate? violence and damage to property the law is very clear on. but beyond that, would you say anything goes? or does protest reach a point that we can't accommodate. jehvah's witnesses entirely blocking the entrances to a hospital for a month in protest about blood transfusions?

cos, by itself and without thinking about it's application in practice, your quote is pretty damn meaningless.

Wasting police time and causing a severe public nuisance seem grounds for a forced removal. If a drunk laid down in a busy road he would be forcibly removed.

That reminds me that I tried that approach in Milan after the game to try and get a bloody taxi to stop

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:59 - Sep 27 with 4046 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:58 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

Labour are not particularly strong on the environment and have been responsible for some pretty small minded pieces of legislation restricting the rights of the individual when in government. I think you mean Caroline Lucas and the Green party.

I wasn't talking about environmentally

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 4029 viewsWeWereZombies

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:59 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

I wasn't talking about environmentally

So was your post in the wrong thread then?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:20 - Sep 27 with 3997 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:58 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Wasting police time and causing a severe public nuisance seem grounds for a forced removal. If a drunk laid down in a busy road he would be forcibly removed.

That reminds me that I tried that approach in Milan after the game to try and get a bloody taxi to stop

Did you go to prison for it?

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:21 - Sep 27 with 3998 viewscaught-in-limbo

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:56 - Sep 27 by lowhouseblue

Common sense should reign.

Common sense is rooted in prevailing culture. It usually defends what is regarded as being "good" and "right" for the well-being of a society. In a society like our own, it also tends to consider what is deemed to be fair. There are grey areas of course, but normally in situations which are uncertain, it sides with the majority.

I think all of that is taken for granted in the quote I posted.

"without thinking about its application in practice"

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:32 - Sep 27 with 3968 viewsBenters2

Unless of course you are one of those lovely Muslim chaps
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:34 - Sep 27 with 3965 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:32 - Sep 27 by Benters2

No one should go to prison for peaceful protest.

On the flip, hate preaching Muslim protesters can and do end up in trouble with the law.

You can’t have your cake and eat it.

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 with 3943 viewsBenters2

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:34 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

No one should go to prison for peaceful protest.

On the flip, hate preaching Muslim protesters can and do end up in trouble with the law.

You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Really all the protests ive seen in Londistan the Police seem happy to let them bang on !

(no pun intended).

Ive just had a couple of choco chip cookies can you eat those?
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 with 3948 viewsjjblue84

Muggers, drug dealers, robbers, and violent criminals let off repeatedly for their crimes, but get in the way of state sponsored big business and it’s the slammer for you son !!
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:40 - Sep 27 with 3933 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Really all the protests ive seen in Londistan the Police seem happy to let them bang on !

(no pun intended).

Ive just had a couple of choco chip cookies can you eat those?

How many of these protests in London have you seen? What were they protesting? How were they protesting?

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:41 - Sep 27 with 3931 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 by jjblue84

Muggers, drug dealers, robbers, and violent criminals let off repeatedly for their crimes, but get in the way of state sponsored big business and it’s the slammer for you son !!

Drug dealing could be solved if they just legalised the lot and let us get on with it!

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:44 - Sep 27 with 3920 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:20 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

Did you go to prison for it?

I expect I would if I had stayed for 99 hours

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:45 - Sep 27 with 3918 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:05 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

So was your post in the wrong thread then?

Err no

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:46 - Sep 27 with 3904 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:32 - Sep 27 by Benters2

I'm going to say it, I hate racist pr*cks that say sh*t like that. You really are scum.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:46 - Sep 27 with 3896 viewschicoazul

This is nothing new. Peaceful protest can often see you arrested prosecuted and jailed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:49 - Sep 27 with 3888 viewsBenters2

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:40 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

How many of these protests in London have you seen? What were they protesting? How were they protesting?

Two, FInsbury Park,anti West or something.

Shouting banners flags.

Rule Britannia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024