Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison 09:21 - Sep 27 with 18854 viewsmonytowbray

https://drillordrop.com/2018/09/26/breaking-anti-fracking-protesters-become-firs

Have we got our country and values back yet? Asking for a friend...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:50 - Sep 27 with 2041 viewschicoazul

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:34 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

No one should go to prison for peaceful protest.

On the flip, hate preaching Muslim protesters can and do end up in trouble with the law.

You can’t have your cake and eat it.

You're acting like as long as a protest is peaceful you can cause whatever disruption to life liberty & property whenever and wherever you like and not expect consequences.

Try peacefully protesting on the doorstep of 10 Downing St and see how far that gets you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:52 - Sep 27 with 2038 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:50 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

You're acting like as long as a protest is peaceful you can cause whatever disruption to life liberty & property whenever and wherever you like and not expect consequences.

Try peacefully protesting on the doorstep of 10 Downing St and see how far that gets you.

The victim mentality has been pushed on to them by people like Owen Jones. It becomes an identity and an excuse for life's struggles

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:07 - Sep 27 with 2022 viewsWeWereZombies

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:45 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Err no

You don't sound very sure...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:08 - Sep 27 with 2022 viewsbrazil1982

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Really all the protests ive seen in Londistan the Police seem happy to let them bang on !

(no pun intended).

Ive just had a couple of choco chip cookies can you eat those?

The Police seem to be quite happy in recording the events and then making arrests post-protest (which is a method they relied on in the 2011). What we may think of as tolerance or leniency at the time may evolve into prosecution.

IMO that doesn't necessarily make the actions of the police at the time correct; they are usually pretty keen on arresting / ejecting football fans for minor offences!
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:10 - Sep 27 with 2019 viewsjaykay

they should have got the same sentences as this lot. bloody protesters.
oh wait
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1416300/Clashes-at-hunting-protest.html

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:15 - Sep 27 with 2012 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Really all the protests ive seen in Londistan the Police seem happy to let them bang on !

(no pun intended).

Ive just had a couple of choco chip cookies can you eat those?

Anyone who uses the term ‘Londonistan’ is a grade A C**t.
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:18 - Sep 27 with 2008 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:15 - Sep 27 by MattinLondon

Correct

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:20 - Sep 27 with 2003 viewsWD19

Its nuts. Those convicted of the crime should just be made to compensate the businesses for any additional costs incurred and leave it at that.
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:26 - Sep 27 with 1998 viewsRyorry

As one campaigner said -

“The government has been saying we need to tackle climate change but when three people try to do that they are sent to prison because there was a traffic jam.”

(Removed comment) from http://frack-off.org.uk/social-media-post/people-protecting-lancashire-jailed-as

Drill or Drop is a responsible, independent investigative journal dedicated to monitoring fracking, https://drillordrop.com/ They moderated out the comment that I posted last night (as per above re the judge*), but emailed to ask me where I'd got my info from and said that they will be following it up to try and prove the trail/link conclusively. Would clearly be a national scandal if there were vested interests on the judge's part.

*I've now edited that comment out myself, as I've had another email from DoD saying the mens' defence lawyers are aware and will be using the data as part of appealing their sentence. Obviously wouldn't want to do anything to impair that appeal.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 13:04]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:40 - Sep 27 with 1974 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:44 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

I expect I would if I had stayed for 99 hours

But you disrupted business and for no ethical cause other than being drunk and wanting to get somewhere. You should be locked up by your own admission.

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:41 - Sep 27 with 1974 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:38 - Sep 27 by jjblue84

Muggers, drug dealers, robbers, and violent criminals let off repeatedly for their crimes, but get in the way of state sponsored big business and it’s the slammer for you son !!

The same judge gave a proven paedophile a lesser jail term (10 months, suspended) than he gave these protesters (15 & 16 months each, not suspended)!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14762406.Pervert_stored_thousands_of_
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 11:42]

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:43 - Sep 27 with 1967 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:40 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

But you disrupted business and for no ethical cause other than being drunk and wanting to get somewhere. You should be locked up by your own admission.

No businesses were affected. They drove round without changing their journey or losing fares

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:44 - Sep 27 with 1960 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:49 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Two, FInsbury Park,anti West or something.

Shouting banners flags.

Rule Britannia.

Do you have any links to these protests? The dates? As far as I'm aware there's been no mass far right Muslim protests in London other than the odd idiots who the law swiftly dealt with. I could be wrong of course, I'm just seeking evidence to support claims.

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 1956 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:41 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

The same judge gave a proven paedophile a lesser jail term (10 months, suspended) than he gave these protesters (15 & 16 months each, not suspended)!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14762406.Pervert_stored_thousands_of_
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 11:42]

Come on Ryorry. You know people who have concerns over the environment are worse than paedophiles in the current political climate

I reckon I could morph into a crusty campaigner the way some politics is going (and getting a groundswell of support from a lot of people, bizarrely).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:47 - Sep 27 with 1954 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 09:53 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

If you set you own business and someone jammed your internet or stood in front of your monitor all day would you be annoyed? What about if you had a shop and they stood outside telling people that you are a wrong un?

There seems to be a drive led by mcdonnell that all businesses are evil and it is fair game to damage them. Apparently this protects workers but from where I am looking Labour want to take us back to their previous unemployment levels again from decades ago

I'd definitely rather have my internet jammed all day (esp if it meant not reading your posts) than my air and water polluted, climate change accelerated to cause more extreme weather events such as flooding, and hundreds of fracking HGVs blocking narrow local lanes on a daily basis.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:49 - Sep 27 with 1949 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:47 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

I'd definitely rather have my internet jammed all day (esp if it meant not reading your posts) than my air and water polluted, climate change accelerated to cause more extreme weather events such as flooding, and hundreds of fracking HGVs blocking narrow local lanes on a daily basis.

Nasty pasty

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:53 - Sep 27 with 1941 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.......and somewhere a copper is getting jiggy with a hippy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:56 - Sep 27 with 1930 viewsBenters2

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:15 - Sep 27 by MattinLondon

Sadly London as I knew as a child in the 1970s is no more,now it’s all multicultural stabbings every five mins and robberies carried out by fk wits on scooters.

After a game in the smoke I can’t wait to get back to the fields buh !
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:58 - Sep 27 with 1927 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:49 - Sep 27 by Bluefish

Nasty pasty

Didn't you get out into the sunshine enough this summer either dear?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 1921 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:56 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Sadly London as I knew as a child in the 1970s is no more,now it’s all multicultural stabbings every five mins and robberies carried out by fk wits on scooters.

I talked to all of the London residents the other day and they all agreed it was better since you left. House prices have definitely shot up since then so maybe they have a point.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:05 - Sep 27 with 1913 viewssparks

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:58 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Didn't you get out into the sunshine enough this summer either dear?

A quick but of deeper analysis of principles is worthwhile here.

Can Callis please confirm whether he thinks the police / state should act against protesters in these circumstances:

1- A loon of some description (who is not in such a mental state as to be capable of being sectioned) decides that it is wrong to cut grass- because its a living plant. He therefore lies in front of your lawnmower for 4 days, preventing you pursuing your gardening business and costing you money.

2- A person is vehemently against organ transplants for genuinely held religous reasons. He protests by obstructing essential equipment or deliveries to a transplant unit.

I am just trying to establish principles here- so straight answers to two simple questions would be appreciated.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:15 - Sep 27 with 1891 viewsBluefish

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:05 - Sep 27 by sparks

Can Callis please confirm whether he thinks the police / state should act against protesters in these circumstances:

1- A loon of some description (who is not in such a mental state as to be capable of being sectioned) decides that it is wrong to cut grass- because its a living plant. He therefore lies in front of your lawnmower for 4 days, preventing you pursuing your gardening business and costing you money.

2- A person is vehemently against organ transplants for genuinely held religous reasons. He protests by obstructing essential equipment or deliveries to a transplant unit.

I am just trying to establish principles here- so straight answers to two simple questions would be appreciated.

All of that is irrelelvent, he is a victim and so are those like him

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:24 - Sep 27 with 1876 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 11:56 - Sep 27 by Benters2

Multicultural? You mean there’s black people in that there london?
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:39 - Sep 27 with 1852 viewslowhouseblue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 10:21 - Sep 27 by caught-in-limbo

Common sense should reign.

Common sense is rooted in prevailing culture. It usually defends what is regarded as being "good" and "right" for the well-being of a society. In a society like our own, it also tends to consider what is deemed to be fair. There are grey areas of course, but normally in situations which are uncertain, it sides with the majority.

I think all of that is taken for granted in the quote I posted.

"without thinking about its application in practice"

so, common sense and what is '"good" and "right" for the well-being of a society. In a society like our own, it also tends to consider what is deemed to be fair.'

and you'd set up some sort of institution to assess all this I guess. why don't we call that institution a court. do you see where i'm going with this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:42 - Sep 27 with 1842 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 12:05 - Sep 27 by sparks

Totally off topic but loving the picture of the Liberator!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024