Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison 09:21 - Sep 27 with 18759 viewsmonytowbray

https://drillordrop.com/2018/09/26/breaking-anti-fracking-protesters-become-firs

Have we got our country and values back yet? Asking for a friend...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:08 - Sep 27 with 3753 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 15:53 - Sep 27 by sparks

What is very frequently apparent in these instances of social media deciding that justice has gone wrong, is that the information is woefully incomplete and cherry picked to support a conclusion. The Tommy Robinson stuff being a perfect example.

If my protest causes £100,000 of damage to an individual's business- I imagine most people would think that worthy of signifcant punishment. Should it be any different for a company? If so, why- and how do you write a law which fairly deals with the distinction?

It's nothing whatsoever to do with any of that. Not going to say any more as obviously wouldn't want to compromise the protesters' appeals.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:09 - Sep 27 with 3753 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:08 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

I will defend fracking all day long, and I am glad Crusty McYoghurt-Face got banged up for getting in the way.

Probably Alpro face, imagine he’s vegan and doesn’t do yogurt.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:14 - Sep 27 with 3742 viewssparks

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:08 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

It's nothing whatsoever to do with any of that. Not going to say any more as obviously wouldn't want to compromise the protesters' appeals.

I dont see how you possibly coulfd- but that's obviously your call.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:20 - Sep 27 with 3733 viewsWeWereZombies

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 15:58 - Sep 27 by sparks

I dont recall ever posting such a thing...

Sorry, it was Jaykay.

Did sound like you though...when you use the Alan Partridge voice.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:22 - Sep 27 with 3729 viewssparks

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:20 - Sep 27 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, it was Jaykay.

Did sound like you though...when you use the Alan Partridge voice.

I only use that voice in romantic situations.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:25 - Sep 27 with 3720 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:08 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

It cost the police 12k and Cuadrilla 50k according to the reports.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:39 - Sep 27 with 3699 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:25 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

It cost the police 12k and Cuadrilla 50k according to the reports.

SB

And ? (dunno what your point is).

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:41 - Sep 27 with 3695 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:39 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Just thought I'd add the real numbers to the discussion since they were part of Sparks point.

I don't have an actual point, probably should have responded to the opening post rather than yours :).

SB
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 16:42]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:50 - Sep 27 with 3679 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 15:57 - Sep 27 by baxterbasics

My understanding is this phrase was coined in the early 2000's by French security services.

Something about pot and kettle comes to mind.

I was not disputing the origin of Londonistan. I was simply commenting that only people like Benters tend to use it.
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:50 - Sep 27 with 3679 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:41 - Sep 27 by StokieBlue

Just thought I'd add the real numbers to the discussion since they were part of Sparks point.

I don't have an actual point, probably should have responded to the opening post rather than yours :).

SB
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 16:42]

No problem.

Seems that was peanuts tho!

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/fracking-police-costs-should-be-met-nationa

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 3666 viewsBenters2

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:50 - Sep 27 by MattinLondon

I was not disputing the origin of Londonistan. I was simply commenting that only people like Benters tend to use it.

So you have heard it before?
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:02 - Sep 27 with 3634 viewssparks

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:39 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Well- when looking at a sentence, one looks at the significance of the offence both in physical terms and monetary- and at the impact on others.

Someone who pinches a blackjack from the sweet shop is going to face a very different punishment to someone who steals £10,000.

If this is an offence which cost others over £50k including the hard pressed police, one can perhaps begin to see some of the Judge's thinking?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:12 - Sep 27 with 3625 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:02 - Sep 27 by sparks

Well- when looking at a sentence, one looks at the significance of the offence both in physical terms and monetary- and at the impact on others.

Someone who pinches a blackjack from the sweet shop is going to face a very different punishment to someone who steals £10,000.

If this is an offence which cost others over £50k including the hard pressed police, one can perhaps begin to see some of the Judge's thinking?

Big figures on the face of it but peanuts relatively to those involved.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:17 - Sep 27 with 3617 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:12 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

Big figures on the face of it but peanuts relatively to those involved.

But the sentence for stealing £1000 from a council tennant in Hull and a banker in Surbiton are surely the same?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:41 - Sep 27 with 3592 viewsMattinLondon

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 16:56 - Sep 27 by Benters2

So you have heard it before?

Yep.
Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:46 - Sep 27 with 3589 viewsWeWereZombies

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:17 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

But the sentence for stealing £1000 from a council tennant in Hull and a banker in Surbiton are surely the same?

It would be a different bench in Hull to Surbiton, even then it would depend on who the magistrates were on the day, their mood, what they had for breakfast...

I've only been to watch court proceedings once, a deflating experience if you think there is perfect treatment under the law.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:58 - Sep 27 with 3572 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:17 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

Is that how they're meant to sentence?

If so, it shouldn't be.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:25 - Sep 27 with 3557 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:58 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

Is that how they're meant to sentence?

If so, it shouldn't be.

Why? It's the same crime.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:44 - Sep 27 with 3533 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:25 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

Why? It's the same crime.

nicking a grand off a poorer person hits them much harder, all else being equal.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:45 - Sep 27 with 3532 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 18:02 - Sep 27 by sparks

Grinding my teeth because there's something I can't say! (point is it mustn't go viral on the net or all sorts of extraneous stuff could be dragged in which might wreck things) - but until I can, what's your take on the paedo getting 10 months (suspended) and the protesters getting 15 or 16 hours each (not suspended). Same judge in both cases -

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14762406.Pervert_stored_thousands_of_

What about "the significance of the offence both in physical terms and monetary- and at the impact on others" there then?

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:48 - Sep 27 with 3524 viewsLord_Lucan

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:44 - Sep 27 by giant_stow

nicking a grand off a poorer person hits them much harder, all else being equal.

I get your point Budge but I am not sure the sentencing guidelines work like that.

I am of course happy to be corrected.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:12 - Sep 27 with 3503 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:48 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

I get your point Budge but I am not sure the sentencing guidelines work like that.

I am of course happy to be corrected.

I haven't got a clue how the guidelines work, personally - just chatting going off on one really.

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:13 - Sep 27 with 3503 viewscaught-in-limbo

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 19:45 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Grinding my teeth because there's something I can't say! (point is it mustn't go viral on the net or all sorts of extraneous stuff could be dragged in which might wreck things) - but until I can, what's your take on the paedo getting 10 months (suspended) and the protesters getting 15 or 16 hours each (not suspended). Same judge in both cases -

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14762406.Pervert_stored_thousands_of_

What about "the significance of the offence both in physical terms and monetary- and at the impact on others" there then?

Good point Ryorry. I hope you get an answer to the question you asked. Perhaps the police accidentally scrubbed the images from the man's computer and the hapless judge had to make a tough ruling on something where the evidence was no longer available.

Nah, can't be that. Fortunately, Judges don't prosecute when there's no evidence - innocent until proven guilty and all that.

There was a poster on this site from about three or fours years ago who insisted that the British establishment was riddled with paedophiles. Since then, there has been quite a few instances where "evidence" got lost or was destroyed by the police. And remember Jimmy Savile, how did he get an OBE and awarded Knight Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Gregory the Great (KCSG)? Amazing now when you think about it. There was even that MP who asked the PM (Cameron) in the House of Commons to investigate claims of paedophila in the British Government going right to No. 10.

What was that poster's name again?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 20:14]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:30 - Sep 27 with 3480 viewsRyorry

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:13 - Sep 27 by caught-in-limbo

Good point Ryorry. I hope you get an answer to the question you asked. Perhaps the police accidentally scrubbed the images from the man's computer and the hapless judge had to make a tough ruling on something where the evidence was no longer available.

Nah, can't be that. Fortunately, Judges don't prosecute when there's no evidence - innocent until proven guilty and all that.

There was a poster on this site from about three or fours years ago who insisted that the British establishment was riddled with paedophiles. Since then, there has been quite a few instances where "evidence" got lost or was destroyed by the police. And remember Jimmy Savile, how did he get an OBE and awarded Knight Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of Saint Gregory the Great (KCSG)? Amazing now when you think about it. There was even that MP who asked the PM (Cameron) in the House of Commons to investigate claims of paedophila in the British Government going right to No. 10.

The only point I ever objected to regarding that was him saying the ring was run from the heart of the royal family - basically, he wrecked his own argument by going counterproductively ott. Oh, and he also maintained that lizards living at the centre of the earth were involved in running the ring (or something).

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:36 - Sep 27 with 3471 viewslowhouseblue

Apparently peaceful protest can now get you sent to prison on 20:13 - Sep 27 by caught-in-limbo

most people take made up conspiracies on the internet less seriously since the collapse of operation midland. and the guy who made it all up is being prosecuted. so ...

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024