Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 12:42 - Sep 27 with 8697 viewsFixed_It

Anyone else got tickets? Or isn't he 'cool' any more?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ed Sheeran on 15:55 - Sep 27 with 3381 viewsbluebud

Ed Sheeran on 13:15 - Sep 27 by Bueller

I guess you like what you like but £85 a ticket? I saw Liam Gallagher for half of that this summer and Arctic Monkeys was £60 odd.

Lot of money to charge when most of his fans are under the age of 18.

Probably right, apart from you paid way too much for LG :-)

Ed Sheeran fans really aren't mainly under 18...the complete opposite in fact, his reach in the 30's plus and families is huge. He's way too mainstream for most kids now.
Ed Sheeran on 15:55 - Sep 27 with 3380 viewsLeoMuff

He is awesome if you are female aged 14-25 otherwise, meh.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Ed Sheeran on 16:52 - Sep 27 with 3342 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Not my cup of tea. Bland. Acoustic guitar and drum machines
AND backing tapes, not my idea of real live artist, i dont see the appeal but then i am over 25. Still he is popular good luck to him.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Ed Sheeran on 16:57 - Sep 27 with 3340 viewstextbackup

Ed Sheeran on 13:05 - Sep 27 by itfcjoe

I have a cousins wedding in Liverpool on the Sunday so that was the only option - hoping ITFC have a game on the way up there for the Saturday!

Imagine we have Norwich at home that weekend, and Ed gets on the beer the Sunday morning and walks onstAge ratarsed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ed Sheeran on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 3332 viewsHerbivore

He's never been cool, but he's perfectly adequate if you like bland pop music.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ed Sheeran on 17:32 - Sep 27 with 3301 viewstextbackup

Ed Sheeran on 14:09 - Sep 27 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, I've got some for the Friday.

Those moaning about the price have no idea how much it costs (in money and man-power) to put on shows of that scale.

Oh I’m fully aware, lived next to chantry Park for 26 years and watched multiple events put on there. Easily a week to put up stage, round the clock security, was part of the team to set up all the comms at site. So fully understand the overheads. However, £85, that’s a shtload.

Ed Sheeran on 17:43 - Sep 27 with 3294 viewsWeirdFishes

Ed Sheeran on 16:52 - Sep 27 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Not my cup of tea. Bland. Acoustic guitar and drum machines
AND backing tapes, not my idea of real live artist, i dont see the appeal but then i am over 25. Still he is popular good luck to him.

You do realise he uses neither backing tracks or a drum machine?

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Ed Sheeran on 17:48 - Sep 27 with 3286 viewsfloridablue

Ed Sheeran on 15:53 - Sep 27 by Bigeze

Suggestions of 45k per date. £75 x 45k x 3 = cha ching!!!
Hence not at Portman road

Wow, Thats surprised me! there's me, thinking back to my days of playing football etc in chantry park way back in the late 60/early 70s and the parking, surely it would be at the max. 7-10 thousand concert crowd. Where on earth will they all park. Also, my other halfs sister is going to see Ed later this month in her home city, Minneapolis and looking at ticketmasters site its almost a sellout in their NFL stadium and the last few in the upper tier are around the 60 dollar mark. I'm now thinking that I should mail her my ITFC Marcus Evans shirt to wear or wave. Scottish band Snow Patrol shows as support act in Minneapolis. Never heard of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran on 18:07 - Sep 27 with 3265 viewsBueller

Ed Sheeran on 15:55 - Sep 27 by bluebud

Probably right, apart from you paid way too much for LG :-)

Ed Sheeran fans really aren't mainly under 18...the complete opposite in fact, his reach in the 30's plus and families is huge. He's way too mainstream for most kids now.

Its more the fact you are talking for the value you got to see Wolf Alice, Richard Ashcroft and a 2 hour long set from LG.

Yeah prehaps I was a little out with mainly under 18 viewpoint but when you say familes, 2 parents and a couple of teenagers for example would be reaching £340 and that is excessive.
Ed Sheeran on 18:30 - Sep 27 with 3239 viewsDubtractor

No. No I have not.

Fair play to him on his success, but I wouldn't go if it was free, let alone 85 quid.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ed Sheeran on 18:52 - Sep 27 with 3208 viewsnorth_stand77

Yes, I have tickets for the Saturday.

I don't give a monkey's whether I'm cool/uncool or Ed Sheerans cool/ uncool.
I love music, all types and seen hundreds of live bands (Ed Sheeran included), and i think he's worth seeing again.

He might not be everybody's cup of tea but you can't knock his ability and stage presence.
Ed Sheeran on 19:13 - Sep 27 with 3193 viewsTrequartista

How much are tickets to watch glorified buskers nowadays?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ed Sheeran on 19:14 - Sep 27 with 3190 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ed Sheeran on 18:52 - Sep 27 by north_stand77

Yes, I have tickets for the Saturday.

I don't give a monkey's whether I'm cool/uncool or Ed Sheerans cool/ uncool.
I love music, all types and seen hundreds of live bands (Ed Sheeran included), and i think he's worth seeing again.

He might not be everybody's cup of tea but you can't knock his ability and stage presence.

I just saw Snow Patrol is on his under card tonight, bonus.
Ed Sheeran on 19:23 - Sep 27 with 3183 viewsnorth_stand77

Ed Sheeran on 19:14 - Sep 27 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I just saw Snow Patrol is on his under card tonight, bonus.

That's good didn't know that, saw them at Coventrys Big Weekend in the summer- were excellent.
Ed Sheeran on 19:39 - Sep 27 with 3169 viewsTony

I have tickets for Sun night. I live in West Country now and grew up there for most part so really looking forward to coming back to my home town and seeing one biggest acts in world who lives in Suffolk play there. During the school holidays when visiting, my Nan used to take me to Chantry Park so when I saw it as venue had to get tickets.
Ed Sheeran on 21:11 - Sep 27 with 3124 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Ed Sheeran on 17:43 - Sep 27 by WeirdFishes

its still using or activating pre recorded sounds from a computer not playing chords or keys or keeping a beat. Its more computer programming/DJ'ing rather than playing real instruments. Its 75% of his act and guitar wise he's no Eddie Van Halen more a busker! Its only truly live if it's physically played ie guitar, bass, drums, piano. Call me old fashioned but that ain't live in my book.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Ed Sheeran on 21:44 - Sep 27 with 3106 viewsLankHenners

Ed Sheeran on 21:11 - Sep 27 by Jonnosdreadlocks

its still using or activating pre recorded sounds from a computer not playing chords or keys or keeping a beat. Its more computer programming/DJ'ing rather than playing real instruments. Its 75% of his act and guitar wise he's no Eddie Van Halen more a busker! Its only truly live if it's physically played ie guitar, bass, drums, piano. Call me old fashioned but that ain't live in my book.

Well it’s live in the dictionary. He makes all the sounds himself and loops them using the pedals.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ed Sheeran on 21:57 - Sep 27 with 3092 viewsLimitlessBlue

What rubbish!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Ed Sheeran on 21:59 - Sep 27 with 3090 viewsLord_Lucan

I swear to god I don’t knowingly know any of his toons but I reckon it will be a great gig what with him being local and all that. Fair play to the bloke.

My cool mates were dismissing it today but I’ll pop up there.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran on 22:04 - Sep 27 with 3084 viewsWeirdFishes

That’s absolutely b0llox pal. Literally everything you hear is coming from him, surely everyone knows this by now?

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Ed Sheeran on 22:11 - Sep 27 with 3072 viewsjeera

Ed Sheeran on 17:43 - Sep 27 by WeirdFishes

I've thought it was more play a few notes, put it on loop, add another sound, stick it on loop etc so he creates his own backing on set.

I've not seen him but in my head usually liken it to KT Tunstall type thing.

She's pretty damn good at it. And better looking of course. And better music.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ed Sheeran on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 3062 viewstextbackup

Ed Sheeran on 21:59 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

I swear to god I don’t knowingly know any of his toons but I reckon it will be a great gig what with him being local and all that. Fair play to the bloke.

My cool mates were dismissing it today but I’ll pop up there.

100% ABB will be at the front on MH shoulders singing along!

I’m going, couldn’t not really, as you say local lad, town fan, whole town will be talking about it.

Really hope we have a home game the Saturday too, get him at the game etc. Many of the players will probably go with partners too.

Be a good weekend in IP2

God bless Chantry

Ed Sheeran on 22:25 - Sep 27 with 3054 viewsLord_Lucan

Ed Sheeran on 22:15 - Sep 27 by textbackup

100% ABB will be at the front on MH shoulders singing along!

I’m going, couldn’t not really, as you say local lad, town fan, whole town will be talking about it.

Really hope we have a home game the Saturday too, get him at the game etc. Many of the players will probably go with partners too.

Be a good weekend in IP2

God bless Chantry

ABB and MH have let it be known they aren’t interested. They will probably go and see some idiot with a beard in Camden thinking they are cool - not realising that Camden lost it years ago - a bit like them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran on 22:50 - Sep 27 with 3027 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ed Sheeran on 22:25 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

ABB and MH have let it be known they aren’t interested. They will probably go and see some idiot with a beard in Camden thinking they are cool - not realising that Camden lost it years ago - a bit like them.

Heading down there now will give you a report on his performance.
Ed Sheeran on 22:52 - Sep 27 with 3026 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

First time I saw him live in 2010 I had a similar opinion. Then I did some research and realised that I was wildly misinformed!

He’s well worth £85 if you’ve never seen him.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2018 22:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024