Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speeding NIP 16:43 - Sep 27 with 1947 viewsBasuco

From the David Beckham speeding trial his lawyer Nick Freeman, Mr. Loophole, stated the notice of intended prosecution arrived 1 day after the statutory 14 day notice period. I thought it was 28 days notice, good to know what it actually is.
Speeding NIP on 21:14 - Sep 27 with 1817 viewsgardins01

A great example of the difference between haves and have nots. Was he guilty of Speeding yes he was. Rather than accept the points he paid a very expensive lawyer to get him off for the 2nd time. Most of us who are caught for Speeding pay the fine and accept the points but not these celebs. Apologies for the rant but just feel it is so unfair
Speeding NIP on 21:20 - Sep 27 with 1813 viewsPinewoodblue

Notice of Intended prosecution has to be ISSUED within 14 days if it arrives on 15th day it is still valid.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Speeding NIP on 21:40 - Sep 27 with 1768 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The 28 days notice is the period within which you have to provide details of who was driving if required. Quite often that request comes out at the same time as the NIP. The NIP has to be served within 14 days, although there are exceptions to this.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Speeding NIP on 21:46 - Sep 27 with 1757 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Speeding NIP on 21:20 - Sep 27 by Pinewoodblue

Notice of Intended prosecution has to be ISSUED within 14 days if it arrives on 15th day it is still valid.

No that’s wrong. It has to be served within the 14 days unless it falls within one of the exceptions.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Speeding NIP on 21:53 - Sep 27 with 1748 viewsLord_Lucan

Speeding NIP on 21:14 - Sep 27 by gardins01

A great example of the difference between haves and have nots. Was he guilty of Speeding yes he was. Rather than accept the points he paid a very expensive lawyer to get him off for the 2nd time. Most of us who are caught for Speeding pay the fine and accept the points but not these celebs. Apologies for the rant but just feel it is so unfair

I agree, it’s bollox.

I used to like Becks but things like this and the leak that he throws hissy fits when he is overlooked for a knighthood have put me right off him - pay ya tax Bex -. That and apparently he has been holidaying with Elton John and is apparently now wearing a syrup - according to Steve Allen anyway, is this right?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Speeding NIP on 22:09 - Sep 27 with 1728 viewssparks

Lots of ordinary folk benefit from this widely known rule.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Speeding NIP on 09:22 - Sep 28 with 1566 viewsSwansea_Blue

A couple of the Swansea team got done for speeding down here recently, but couldn't be bothered to turn up for their respective court hearings (nor their lawyer, nor a club rep - nobody turned up). If that was you or me we'd have the book thrown at us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Speeding NIP on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 1508 viewsChondzoresk

Speeding NIP on 09:22 - Sep 28 by Swansea_Blue

A couple of the Swansea team got done for speeding down here recently, but couldn't be bothered to turn up for their respective court hearings (nor their lawyer, nor a club rep - nobody turned up). If that was you or me we'd have the book thrown at us.

Agree that's bad. I got done for speeding. Had magistrate hearing in Thetford. Got done for £400 and 4 points...I turned up...i got a serious pasting...never done anything wrong in my life. Toe the line, pay my taxes, hold down responsible job and the one time i do something wrong they went loopy with me. Then I read about these prima donna footballers who get away with anything they want. Just fecks me off.
Yes I agree I did do something wrong I admit that. But parity needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Speeding NIP on 10:52 - Sep 28 with 1490 viewsPinewoodblue

Speeding NIP on 10:31 - Sep 28 by Chondzoresk

Agree that's bad. I got done for speeding. Had magistrate hearing in Thetford. Got done for £400 and 4 points...I turned up...i got a serious pasting...never done anything wrong in my life. Toe the line, pay my taxes, hold down responsible job and the one time i do something wrong they went loopy with me. Then I read about these prima donna footballers who get away with anything they want. Just fecks me off.
Yes I agree I did do something wrong I admit that. But parity needed.

Sounds as if you were so far over the limit that a fixed penalty or driver awareness course was not considered appropriate punishment.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Speeding NIP on 11:18 - Sep 28 with 1454 viewsWeWereZombies

Speeding NIP on 10:52 - Sep 28 by Pinewoodblue

Sounds as if you were so far over the limit that a fixed penalty or driver awareness course was not considered appropriate punishment.

Did you miss the Thetford in his post? Wouldn't you be in a hurry to get out of there?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 11:21]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Speeding NIP on 08:30 - Sep 29 with 1255 viewsbritbiker

Speeding NIP on 21:53 - Sep 27 by Lord_Lucan

I agree, it’s bollox.

I used to like Becks but things like this and the leak that he throws hissy fits when he is overlooked for a knighthood have put me right off him - pay ya tax Bex -. That and apparently he has been holidaying with Elton John and is apparently now wearing a syrup - according to Steve Allen anyway, is this right?

I wonder what his thinking is. Everyone knows he is guilty of speeding. The cost to his PR could be huge. Unless he is already maxed out with points. Money clearly no problem.

I have a bigger issue with a lawyer who dedicates his life to getting g people off on`technicalities'. Kind of reminds me of Max Clifford.

Plus I have no doubt there will be someone on here willing to argue that the law is the law and therefore he is only doing his job. But these celebs have very little in the way of morals in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024