Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit of perspective .... 22:55 - Sep 28 with 3106 viewsChurchman75

Hurst didn't sell these players, they wanted to go.
Webster
Dids
Garner
waghorn
2x you player
Total = 10 million

Has Marcus allowed him to re-invest the money? = I'd say not.
Is this Hirsts fault = I'd say not

Has hurst done his best from lower leagues?
Nsiala = Yes
Edwards = Yes
Donacian = Yes
Harrison / Jackson = No but have they had the service....?
Edun = Yes
Walter = Mistake
Chaloboah = Disappointing but young
Graham = Reminds me of Darren Currie but far less quality.
Nolan = This is the sad story and we all want him to be the player we've seen in clips.

Tactics = No but so many teams play it.

£3m spent = not his fault

Nydam= shouldn't have gone on loan

Dozzell = We all want him to be the next best thing if he is fit.

Ultimately
Hurst isn't at fault and has a 50% win ratio with previous professional clubs.
Doig = the same.

BUT
EVANS INTERVIEW - he stated we were going to go down a different route. Try something new and take a calculated risk (lower league player) ONE MONTH before Hurst was interviewed and was this already a "done deal" before any interviews?? I'd say yes?

Was MM told the same thing thing and refused? = I'd say yes.

Hurst is a nice guy, do we all want him to succeed ? Of course we do.
I just feel whoever was appointed is at a hiding to nothing because of our own.

ME IS THE DISEASE AND DOESNT CARE.
He has an awful lot to answer for .

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

A bit of perspective .... on 22:58 - Sep 28 with 3086 viewsdavblue

Those figures you’ve posted are garbage.
A bit of perspective .... on 23:01 - Sep 28 with 3073 viewsChurchman75

A bit of perspective .... on 22:58 - Sep 28 by davblue

Just taken your sisters out after a takeaway
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 23:02]

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

A bit of perspective .... on 23:51 - Sep 28 with 3027 viewsGromheort

"Hurst is a nice guy, do we all want him to succeed ? Of course we do. "

I don't think that. Rather than nice, I think he's a clever so and so. We sit here pretending to know more, ready to sneer and type guff. He of course knows much more and also has the ability to manage our stupidity. This forum is just a poor representation of 'us', given "I knows football I does" knuckle-dragging grunts loudest.
A bit of perspective .... on 00:05 - Sep 29 with 2990 viewsjpring89

What a raging stiffy.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

A bit of perspective .... on 00:05 - Sep 29 with 2991 viewsbraveblue

A bit of perspective .... on 22:58 - Sep 28 by davblue

Please post the correct figures then. By my reckoning Evans made a £5m profit over the last few months from transfers. Therein lies the problem.
A bit of perspective .... on 00:08 - Sep 29 with 2979 viewsGromheort

A bit of perspective .... on 00:05 - Sep 29 by braveblue

Please post the correct figures then. By my reckoning Evans made a £5m profit over the last few months from transfers. Therein lies the problem.

Profit? Crikey! If Evans is after profit he needs to listen to his Mike Ashley colleague...

The problem is that you demand too much and offer too little
A bit of perspective .... on 00:22 - Sep 29 with 2949 viewsdavblue

So we spent 3 million quid?
A bit of perspective .... on 00:23 - Sep 29 with 2945 viewsdavblue

A bit of perspective .... on 23:01 - Sep 28 by Churchman75

Just taken your sisters out after a takeaway
[Post edited 28 Sep 2018 23:02]

Cool cheers.
Login to get fewer ads

A bit of perspective .... on 09:35 - Sep 29 with 2753 viewsfactual_blue

They perhaps wanted to leave because he'd arrived.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A bit of perspective .... on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 2713 viewsCurrie10

Please expand on how Graham reminds you of Currie!?!
A bit of perspective .... on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 2688 viewsBlueBadger

So, if you count the 7 or so a season he puts in to keep the club afloat then he's only made a £2M loss this season then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A bit of perspective .... on 10:43 - Sep 29 with 2679 viewsBluebell

Ummm....I read that neither Garner nor Waghorn wanted to leave but Hurst didn't think they would fit into his way of playing.

McGoldrick's contract had expired and ME didn't want to carry on paying £15,000 a week for someone who was permanently injured understandably.

Bru and Hyam's contracts had both expired too.

With Webster £3million seemed too much to turn down and Hurst needed the money to pay for the players he wanted.

So although ME can be blamed for most things, I don't think he can be blamed for everything that went on at the end of last season.
on 10:46 - Sep 29 with 2669 views_

A bit of perspective .... on 10:09 - Sep 29 by Currie10

Please expand on how Graham reminds you of Currie!?!

A bit of perspective .... on 10:52 - Sep 29 with 2655 viewsSuperfrans

A bit of perspective .... on 10:43 - Sep 29 by Bluebell

Ummm....I read that neither Garner nor Waghorn wanted to leave but Hurst didn't think they would fit into his way of playing.

McGoldrick's contract had expired and ME didn't want to carry on paying £15,000 a week for someone who was permanently injured understandably.

Bru and Hyam's contracts had both expired too.

With Webster £3million seemed too much to turn down and Hurst needed the money to pay for the players he wanted.

So although ME can be blamed for most things, I don't think he can be blamed for everything that went on at the end of last season.

This narrative that Hurst introduced too many players too quickly doesn’t really stack up. We have lost 12 players who played games last season (including loans) and we’ve brought in 12 (including loans). The players who aren’t with us from last season are below, with games played (I haven’t included Smith in the 12 because he left earlier in the season - and we replaced him with CCV).

On Waghorn, Garner and Webster - Waghorn wanted to go for the money, Evans said in the story about Webster’s departure that the player wanted to go, and Garner wanted to go back home.

Could Hurst have fought more for them? Possibly. But that depends on whether he believes that stopping a player leaving when he wants to go is a smart idea or not. Faced with the three of them, he might have felt that it would cause too much discontent.

Bru 9
Carayol 8
Carter Vickers 17
Celina 35
Connolly 34
Garner 32
Gleeson 10
Hyam 17
Iorfa 23
McGoldrick 22
Waghorn 44
Webster 28

T Smith 3

Crowe 0
Patterson 0

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A bit of perspective .... on 11:24 - Sep 29 with 2618 viewsLimitlessBlue

just because players express a desire to leave it doesn't mean we HAVE to sell them. Im sick of the player power in football nowadays. Waghorn would have stayed and would have played and scored goals. Didz would have been continually McInjured and Garner would have been the little sh*t on the pitch he was.

Webster has arguably been replaced with players of similar quality. The others have not, there lies the problem with not scoring goals.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

on 11:34 - Sep 29 with 2601 views_

A bit of perspective .... on 11:24 - Sep 29 by LimitlessBlue

just because players express a desire to leave it doesn't mean we HAVE to sell them. Im sick of the player power in football nowadays. Waghorn would have stayed and would have played and scored goals. Didz would have been continually McInjured and Garner would have been the little sh*t on the pitch he was.

Webster has arguably been replaced with players of similar quality. The others have not, there lies the problem with not scoring goals.

A bit of perspective .... on 12:26 - Sep 29 with 2542 viewsSuperfrans

A bit of perspective .... on 11:24 - Sep 29 by LimitlessBlue

How many managers would keep 3/4 unhappy players like that though? And a manager who had never had play for him before, to boot.

As a club, we have tended not to stand in the way of players who want to leave. That seems fair enough to me.

FWIW, I think there are many things to criticise Hurst for atm, but the influx and outflow of players this past summer isn’t one of them.

on 12:29 - Sep 29 with 2533 views_

A bit of perspective .... on 12:26 - Sep 29 by Superfrans

How many managers would keep 3/4 unhappy players like that though? And a manager who had never had play for him before, to boot.

As a club, we have tended not to stand in the way of players who want to leave. That seems fair enough to me.

FWIW, I think there are many things to criticise Hurst for atm, but the influx and outflow of players this past summer isn’t one of them.

A bit of perspective .... on 14:09 - Sep 29 with 2456 viewsSuperfrans

on 12:29 - Sep 29 by _

But would have been if he’d missed out on the chance to double his wages...

on 14:22 - Sep 29 with 2442 views_

A bit of perspective .... on 14:09 - Sep 29 by Superfrans

But would have been if he’d missed out on the chance to double his wages...

A bit of perspective .... on 14:24 - Sep 29 with 2439 viewsSwn98

A bit of perspective .... on 09:35 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

They perhaps wanted to leave because he'd arrived.

Or MM departed plus busting the wage scale to keep Bart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024