Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. 19:49 - Sep 29 with 3754 viewsericclacton

I've never heard such utter tripe.
I've only watched the goals but for goodness sake the defending looked a shambles, Nsiala and chalobah are truly awful players in my opinion far too leggy.

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:22 - Sep 29 with 3313 viewsVic

It’s not tripe, it’s absolutely true. Let one goal in and the other team are back in the game while you start to worry about what could happen.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:31 - Sep 29 with 3291 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:22 - Sep 29 by Vic

It’s not tripe, it’s absolutely true. Let one goal in and the other team are back in the game while you start to worry about what could happen.

What kind of fool am i, of course we have a team full of worriers when they are winning.
Do me a favour and wake up you snowflake.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:50 - Sep 29 with 3229 viewsnshearman1

The defending was indeed often shambolic but you've picked the wrong players from just seeing the highlights. Nsiala and Chalobah were both more effective than a number of other Town players, they have a bit of quality and will undoubtedly improve as well through the season. The defence as a whole should have been way better organised than it was, Chambers really has to take some considerable responsibility for this, Knudsen as usual did some excellent things and some really poor things, positionally he's weak, and in general we lose confidence rapidly defensively and push the panic button. This really should have been sorted by now by Hurst and his fantastic fitness-obsessed coaches, though it has to be said that Mick and his team had similar problems, certainly with regard to set-pieces.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 3200 viewsSuperblue95

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:31 - Sep 29 by ericclacton

What kind of fool am i, of course we have a team full of worriers when they are winning.
Do me a favour and wake up you snowflake.

I was close to biting but I spotted the fish you snuck in there. You nearly had me sir

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 3201 viewsjeera

Oh come now, it's something we've heard many times before.

Same old story, "2-0 is a dangerous scoreline".

"Droid meets blob..."

All very much trodden ground.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:05 - Sep 29 with 3177 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:50 - Sep 29 by nshearman1

The defending was indeed often shambolic but you've picked the wrong players from just seeing the highlights. Nsiala and Chalobah were both more effective than a number of other Town players, they have a bit of quality and will undoubtedly improve as well through the season. The defence as a whole should have been way better organised than it was, Chambers really has to take some considerable responsibility for this, Knudsen as usual did some excellent things and some really poor things, positionally he's weak, and in general we lose confidence rapidly defensively and push the panic button. This really should have been sorted by now by Hurst and his fantastic fitness-obsessed coaches, though it has to be said that Mick and his team had similar problems, certainly with regard to set-pieces.

You make sense, I've seen Nsiala once i think so you could be right about him, but i have seen the home games so far and i just don't understand why our first loan player was the Chelsea throw out sorry i don't see anything in him at all, also i think our young midfielders would have been the better option. that aside I don't believe Hurst is the man for our club I think if left alone he will create irrepairable damage.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:25 - Sep 29 with 3121 viewsnshearman1

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:05 - Sep 29 by ericclacton

You make sense, I've seen Nsiala once i think so you could be right about him, but i have seen the home games so far and i just don't understand why our first loan player was the Chelsea throw out sorry i don't see anything in him at all, also i think our young midfielders would have been the better option. that aside I don't believe Hurst is the man for our club I think if left alone he will create irrepairable damage.

I'm still supportive of Hurst though he's made mistakes and needs to learn and sort fast. I like Chalobah on the whole but I too think Hurst should be trying more of our younger players (albeit carefully), it worked for Klug, and it can't be worse than what's currently going on. Unfortunately some are now on loan.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:36 - Sep 29 with 3084 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:25 - Sep 29 by nshearman1

I'm still supportive of Hurst though he's made mistakes and needs to learn and sort fast. I like Chalobah on the whole but I too think Hurst should be trying more of our younger players (albeit carefully), it worked for Klug, and it can't be worse than what's currently going on. Unfortunately some are now on loan.

Yes I can see that, like i said you make sense and it is all about opinions. We have poo less and his team of giants Tuesday I'm still up for the games don't get me wrong, but I'm so fed with the managers we've had since Jim. Anyway I'm going for a pint laters my friend.
Login to get fewer ads

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 22:20 - Sep 29 with 2957 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is clearly what Hurst meant by the statement. Of course, it shouldn't be that bad because you should be able to close out a game and ensure at worst a 2-1 win if not a 2-0. The number of times 2-0 with 10-15 minutes has ended as a very nervy 2-1 is significant.

It is a bit like it is better to take the lead in the last minute than the first minute. The opposition don't have time to respond.

At the end of the day, we have thrown away 2 points (again). We have fought back well for a point a few times this season and we have thrown away 2 a couple of times as well. If we had done neither we would probably have a couple more points and at least have a couple of wins under our belts.

I find it remarkable both us and Birmingham have drawn all 5 of our home games this season. Seem to be a lot of draws in the Championship so far.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Great post on 22:33 - Sep 29 with 2922 viewsunstableblue

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 20:50 - Sep 29 by nshearman1

You make sense

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 22:35 - Sep 29 with 2915 viewsjeera

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 22:20 - Sep 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is clearly what Hurst meant by the statement. Of course, it shouldn't be that bad because you should be able to close out a game and ensure at worst a 2-1 win if not a 2-0. The number of times 2-0 with 10-15 minutes has ended as a very nervy 2-1 is significant.

It is a bit like it is better to take the lead in the last minute than the first minute. The opposition don't have time to respond.

At the end of the day, we have thrown away 2 points (again). We have fought back well for a point a few times this season and we have thrown away 2 a couple of times as well. If we had done neither we would probably have a couple more points and at least have a couple of wins under our belts.

I find it remarkable both us and Birmingham have drawn all 5 of our home games this season. Seem to be a lot of draws in the Championship so far.

I've hated football ever since they brought in that rule that once you're 2 up, you're not allowed to try for another until the other team has had a chance to catch up first.

It's not the same anymore.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:20 - Sep 29 with 2820 viewsfactual_blue

How dangerous is 4-0, I ask myself?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Great post on 23:21 - Sep 29 with 2816 viewsericclacton

Great post on 22:33 - Sep 29 by unstableblue

You make sense

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:21 - Sep 29 with 2808 viewsTrequartista

3-0 must be dangerorous then. Let one goal in and it's 3-1 which is the same as 2-0 which is a dangerous scoreline.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:29 - Sep 29 with 2788 viewscoolcat

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:20 - Sep 29 by factual_blue

How dangerous is 4-0, I ask myself?

Not exactly the same but I recall the away to Derby Oct 2013 when we were 1-4 up at half time and the game ended up 4-4.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:30 - Sep 29 with 2786 viewsCoastalblue

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:43 - Sep 29 with 2740 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:29 - Sep 29 by coolcat

Not exactly the same but I recall the away to Derby Oct 2013 when we were 1-4 up at half time and the game ended up 4-4.

Five years ago, pass me the bowl.

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:46 - Sep 29 with 2740 viewsKeaneish

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 21:05 - Sep 29 by ericclacton

Well maybe try watching more games then and just maybe you'll see a bit more of his game than what an edited highlights reel shows.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:51 - Sep 29 with 2725 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:46 - Sep 29 by Keaneish

Well maybe try watching more games then and just maybe you'll see a bit more of his game than what an edited highlights reel shows.

Behave you silly old woman.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:55 - Sep 29 with 2708 viewsBondiBlue

Unfortunately this is the problem with just watching highlights. Nsiala and Chalobah (first half especially) were probably our two best players with ward and Jackson not far behind.

Poll: Which would you accept?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:58 - Sep 29 with 2698 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:55 - Sep 29 by BondiBlue

Unfortunately this is the problem with just watching highlights. Nsiala and Chalobah (first half especially) were probably our two best players with ward and Jackson not far behind.

I've just told your sister to behave so should you, hiding away like some kinda nutter.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:59 - Sep 29 with 2696 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Chalobah is truly awful - don’t make me laugh, young talented midfielder. Shows glimpses of brilliance and shows glimpses of naivety. That’s what to be expected of any young prospect. He’s grilled more because he plays in such a position where mistakes costs goals. But that’s what to be expected.

Nsiala - totally disagree again. Can be rash granted, but can also be superb. And for 800,000 I’m not expecting to see Rio Ferdinand line up for us. Back pocketed Mageniss last week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 00:06 - Sep 30 with 2686 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:59 - Sep 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chalobah is truly awful - don’t make me laugh, young talented midfielder. Shows glimpses of brilliance and shows glimpses of naivety. That’s what to be expected of any young prospect. He’s grilled more because he plays in such a position where mistakes costs goals. But that’s what to be expected.

Nsiala - totally disagree again. Can be rash granted, but can also be superb. And for 800,000 I’m not expecting to see Rio Ferdinand line up for us. Back pocketed Mageniss last week.

You crazy lunatic Chambers marked him the whole game........... you were probably asleep.
2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 00:21 - Sep 30 with 2642 viewsericclacton

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 00:48 - Sep 30 with 2602 viewsKeaneish

2-0 is a dangerous scoreline. on 23:51 - Sep 29 by ericclacton

Behave you silly old woman.

What on earth is a "far too leggy" player anyway? Think it's you spouting the utter tripe. Tune in for the highlights reel next Saturday and make your mind up...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024