Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? 08:14 - Sep 30 with 1072 viewsSuperfrans

Someone tweeted or posted something suggesting Paul Hurst has said that we don’t do specific practice, it’s down to the players to get themselves organised. Is this right? Anyone got any evidence of this?

If true, it’s nuts, especially when you see how many set pieces goals we’ve conceded...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 08:25 - Sep 30 with 1037 viewsITFC_Forever

It would appear so.

The number of times Brum won the first header from a corner / free-kick yesterday was incredible.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 08:35 - Sep 30 with 996 viewsPJH

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 08:25 - Sep 30 by ITFC_Forever

It would appear so.

The number of times Brum won the first header from a corner / free-kick yesterday was incredible.

Not too incredible because most teams win the first header from a corner/free-kick against us.
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:28 - Sep 30 with 920 viewsCurrie10

If true, that is ridiculous.

I'm going to assume it's false...... ??? ( needs to be.... ! )
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:31 - Sep 30 with 910 viewstextbackup

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 08:25 - Sep 30 by ITFC_Forever

It would appear so.

To be fair, if professional footballers can’t understand they need to attack the ball on defending set pieces what more can the manager do?
It’s something you are told at 7/8/9 when you start playing the game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:35 - Sep 30 with 890 viewsChocorange

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:28 - Sep 30 by Currie10

If true, that is ridiculous.

I'm going to assume it's false...... ??? ( needs to be.... ! )

I am not sure what we work on in training.

We are weak at set pieces.
We don't seem to have the fitness to press, other teams do it way more effectively than we do.
Our passing from the back and midfield is in the main poor.
Our strikers and creative players create little and seem to be a bunch of players who spend no time working together or getting to know each other's game or setting things up in training.

If PH makes it to the international break , let's hope he makes more use of the time than the last one where he gave everyone time off even though we were bottom of the division.
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:37 - Sep 30 with 883 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't remember him saying anything along those lines.
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 873 viewsPJH

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:37 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

I don't remember him saying anything along those lines.

Better check with Dolly.
Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:41 - Sep 30 with 869 viewsDubtractor

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:40 - Sep 30 by PJH

Better check with Dolly.

Phil is, after all, a notoriously unreliable reporter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:43 - Sep 30 with 863 viewsSomethingBlue

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:35 - Sep 30 by Chocorange

We don't seem to have the fitness to press, other teams do it way more effectively than we do.
Our strikers and creative players create little and seem to be a bunch of players who spend no time working together or getting to know each other's game or setting things up in training.

If PH makes it to the international break , let's hope he makes more use of the time than the last one where he gave everyone time off even though we were bottom of the division.

You give players time off wherever they are in the division. It's not a Victorian workhouse.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:53 - Sep 30 with 823 viewsCurrie10

Is it correct that we don’t practice set piece defending? on 09:35 - Sep 30 by Chocorange

Oh I'm sure we work on plenty, Hurst and Doig try their best to address problems.

I dare say in training the lads play some great stuff.

However, we need to translate that to a matchday scenario.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024