Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good start to the Tory conference then 08:17 - Oct 1 with 12368 viewsSteve_M

Hunt comparing the EU to the USSR (that's going to help gain support from countries that were occupied by the Soviets after WWII or indeed the Baltic nations), a Festival of Brexit Britain, a bridge to Ireland and a new Royal Yacht.

It's like they've been reading the madder comments of Mail and Telegraph readers which indeed is the whole intent of this week and sod the impact abroad.

Any pretence of being a serious, pragmatic country has been blown away by rabid jingoism over the last two years. The damage to this country's reputation will be enormous.

Good thing we have a competent opposition then.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good start to the Tory conference then on 08:30 - Oct 1 with 4636 viewsElephantintheRoom

Damage to our reputation? Brexit is already costing the country £500 million a week two years before it is due to happen. Actual and irreparable damage to the country is a tad more important.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Good start to the Tory conference then on 08:59 - Oct 1 with 4579 viewsHerbivore

I think I'm going to emigrate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:02 - Oct 1 with 4575 viewsCoastalblue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 08:59 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

If I didn't have an aging Mother on her own I would give this some serious thought, I can only see the UK heading one way for the rest of my lifetime.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:09 - Oct 1 with 4552 viewsStokieBlue

It was always going to be this way.

Both parties and thus both conferences were always likely to be a masterclass of incompetence and idiocy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:27 - Oct 1 with 4508 viewspickles110564

You are all a bunch of melts, get a grip, we will prosper as soon as we leave.
Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 4508 viewsbrazil1982

A number of my friends said this after the vote, and still bang on about it.

They won't though.
Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:31 - Oct 1 with 4492 viewsfooters

Been waiting on some substantive domestic policy from the blue corner for a while now. And here we have it!

1. Something nicked from Labour, described as communist
2. Ensuring tips to go servers not owners

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:33 - Oct 1 with 4487 viewsCoastalblue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:27 - Oct 1 by pickles110564

You are all a bunch of melts, get a grip, we will prosper as soon as we leave.

How exactly? In or out unless we begin to accept our more natural lower position in the world we are financially screwed.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:37 - Oct 1 with 4472 viewsStokieBlue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:31 - Oct 1 by footers

Been waiting on some substantive domestic policy from the blue corner for a while now. And here we have it!

1. Something nicked from Labour, described as communist
2. Ensuring tips to go servers not owners

I assume (2) is the tax on foreigners buying homes?

Totally pointless, either don't have one or do it properly and make it 30%.

SB

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:42 - Oct 1 with 4459 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:37 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

I assume (2) is the tax on foreigners buying homes?

Totally pointless, either don't have one or do it properly and make it 30%.

SB

Point (1), yeah. I totally agree with you, SB. Won't make the slightest bit of difference being set so low.

And the tips thing is good, just not a marquee policy to make at conference. Getting some Thick of It vibes... 'free ideas zone'.

Brexit really has put the brakes on, hasn't it? There's been no real domestic policy since the vote, which with the Tories in charge may be a good thing depending on your views.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:52 - Oct 1 with 4436 viewsSteve_M

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:09 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

It was always going to be this way.

Both parties and thus both conferences were always likely to be a masterclass of incompetence and idiocy.

SB

I know, but yesterday was still appallingly bad. I think it was Hunt's naked bid for the leadership that really stood out, as crass as a Daily Express front page.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 4416 viewsStokieBlue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:42 - Oct 1 by footers

Point (1), yeah. I totally agree with you, SB. Won't make the slightest bit of difference being set so low.

And the tips thing is good, just not a marquee policy to make at conference. Getting some Thick of It vibes... 'free ideas zone'.

Brexit really has put the brakes on, hasn't it? There's been no real domestic policy since the vote, which with the Tories in charge may be a good thing depending on your views.

Sorry, I meant (1) as you've pointed out :).

SB

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:28 - Oct 1 with 4300 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just when you thought they couldn't get any lower. Awful from Hunt, truly awful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:32 - Oct 1 with 4295 viewsSteve_M

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:28 - Oct 1 by Swansea_Blue

Just when you thought they couldn't get any lower. Awful from Hunt, truly awful.

Although Chris Grayling is now comparing Brexit to the collapse of Monarch Airlines. Inspirational stuff.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:45 - Oct 1 with 4267 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:32 - Oct 1 by Steve_M

Although Chris Grayling is now comparing Brexit to the collapse of Monarch Airlines. Inspirational stuff.

Chris Grayling couldn't run a bath let alone a department. How he keeps getting ministerial roles is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:50 - Oct 1 with 4247 viewsfactual_blue

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:45 - Oct 1 by footers

Chris Grayling couldn't run a bath let alone a department. How he keeps getting ministerial roles is one of the great mysteries of our time.

He made some truly strange judicial appointments.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:52 - Oct 1 with 4245 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:50 - Oct 1 by factual_blue

He made some truly strange judicial appointments.

Because he was the first person at the MoJ to have zero legal experience, probably.

He must have a stash of compromising photos hidden away somewhere. Can't see any other reason for it.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:59 - Oct 1 with 4223 viewsBlueBadger

These are the same people that will, in the same breath, claim 'we've shown the EU nothing but respect' and then whine that they're not being taken seriously.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 12:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:01 - Oct 1 with 4215 viewsBlueBadger

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:33 - Oct 1 by Coastalblue

How exactly? In or out unless we begin to accept our more natural lower position in the world we are financially screwed.

Well, that's pickles gone for the day.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:03 - Oct 1 with 4210 viewsfooters

Good start to the Tory conference then on 11:59 - Oct 1 by BlueBadger

These are the same people that will, in the same breath, claim 'we've shown the EU nothing but respect' and then whine that they're not being taken seriously.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2018 12:03]

Here's a bit of Brexit maths. It may be costing us half a billion pounds per week so far but we'll soon be able to get £350m back, and that £150m deficit will fund our NHS. Rule Britannia!

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 4189 viewsHerbivore

Good start to the Tory conference then on 09:28 - Oct 1 by brazil1982

A number of my friends said this after the vote, and still bang on about it.

They won't though.

I need to finish my PhD first but then Canada or New Zealand are looking quite appealing. Wait it out there and come back in 5 years when we've rejoined the EU and we've got the Euro.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:12 - Oct 1 with 4174 viewsJ2BLUE

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:09 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I need to finish my PhD first but then Canada or New Zealand are looking quite appealing. Wait it out there and come back in 5 years when we've rejoined the EU and we've got the Euro.

So many are planning to leave the sinking ship. Either a lot of it is complete nonsense from people who know they'd never leave or our population will go down by several million.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 4155 viewsVic

Doing your bit to solve the housing crisis. Good man.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 4156 viewsSteve_M

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:12 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE

So many are planning to leave the sinking ship. Either a lot of it is complete nonsense from people who know they'd never leave or our population will go down by several million.

There is a big difference between considering something and actually doing it. Plenty of practical reasons why people can't all emigrate but there is no doubt that this has become a more insular, less rational and - all but inevitably - poorer country after the last two years.

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 4153 viewsKeno

Good start to the Tory conference then on 12:12 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE

so what you are saying is not only will kick out all nasty foreign people we may also lose a lot of young talented people and Herbivore

The UK will get very empty very quickly

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024