Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury 20:00 - Oct 1 with 3915 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Now I'm in the 1% of this country that doesn't pretend to be a boxing expert twice a year- and I rarely go out of my way to watch a fight.

One fight I would watch is Joshua Fury though- could anybody tell me how likely it is to happen?

Poll: Best Football Song

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 20:33 - Oct 1 with 3837 viewsyesjohn99

Not for a while. Even if fury beats wilder, there is a rematch clause, so that rules out AJ’s next scheduled bout on April 13th at Wembley. So fury would have to beat wilder twice for a shot at AJ.

They are also signed to rival TV stations (AJ Sky, Fury BT) but ultimately money talks. BT recently stood to one side when Frank Warren promoted Billy Joe Saunders signed to fight Dennis Andrade of Eddie Hearns US stable.

I reckon if they both keep winning a year from now. Any Fury loss puts him way back.
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 20:57 - Oct 1 with 3777 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 20:33 - Oct 1 by yesjohn99

Not for a while. Even if fury beats wilder, there is a rematch clause, so that rules out AJ’s next scheduled bout on April 13th at Wembley. So fury would have to beat wilder twice for a shot at AJ.

They are also signed to rival TV stations (AJ Sky, Fury BT) but ultimately money talks. BT recently stood to one side when Frank Warren promoted Billy Joe Saunders signed to fight Dennis Andrade of Eddie Hearns US stable.

I reckon if they both keep winning a year from now. Any Fury loss puts him way back.

Thanks. And Joshua would win, right?

Poll: Best Football Song

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:04 - Oct 1 with 3763 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't think it will happen. Fury will retire before they ever fight. He can then keep the line about being the lineal world champion and not get knocked out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:16 - Oct 1 with 3734 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 20:57 - Oct 1 by RoyKeanesDog

Difficult to say as a lot depends on just how fit Fury really is. The Fury that beat Klitschko would beat AJ in my opinion, but the jury for me is massively out as to whether Fury can regain that sort of condition given the hammer that he gave his body when he went into exile. I just question how sharp you can be if you have to lose 8 stone to get back in shape.

Poll: Our final position

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:19 - Oct 1 with 3727 viewsGarv

I'd rather Joshua didn't lower himself to engage with that numpty, because I quite like him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:06 - Oct 1 with 3625 viewsyesjohn99

If the version of Fury turns up that beat Klitscko then possibly not. But that’s an if at the end of the day.
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:17 - Oct 1 with 3594 viewschristiand

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:19 - Oct 1 by Garv

I'd rather Joshua didn't lower himself to engage with that numpty, because I quite like him.

Sad really. Watching those two numpties promoting their fight in December with a load of BS and bravado today. They both clearly believe they have to act this way to sell the fight, much preferred the Klitschko and Joshua build up, plenty of respect and class between the pair and let their fists do the talking in the ring. Just like GGG vs Canelo recently, no need for all this overhyping and trash-talking - the fight is good enough to sell itself.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:52 - Oct 1 with 3550 viewsHerbivore

Yes, yes he would. The Fury that beat Wlad has become somewhat mythologised, he got his tactics right that night but it was an utterly dreadful fight in which he exploited Wlad not being mentally right and not being used to fighting someone bigger than him. He narrowly won arguably the worst heavyweight title fight in history. AJ bangs out any version of Fury. Fury got dropped and hurt by Steve Cunningham ffs, Cunningham wasn't even remotely a puncher at cruiserweight.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 23:20 - Oct 1 with 3507 viewsCoastalblue

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:52 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Yes, yes he would. The Fury that beat Wlad has become somewhat mythologised, he got his tactics right that night but it was an utterly dreadful fight in which he exploited Wlad not being mentally right and not being used to fighting someone bigger than him. He narrowly won arguably the worst heavyweight title fight in history. AJ bangs out any version of Fury. Fury got dropped and hurt by Steve Cunningham ffs, Cunningham wasn't even remotely a puncher at cruiserweight.

and the longer it takes before (if) they get in the ring the less chance Fury has. Joshua still learning at a rapid rate.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:10 - Oct 2 with 3380 viewschristiand

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:52 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

Fury is a man that can box, uses the jab very effectively and moves well for a big man and there remains this nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me he can do it. Yes, his chin is suspect, but he just doesn't go down and stay down he comes right back at you, he's got heart. I think he'll beat Wilder, he'll just be too clever for him, out box him and keep his distance from the American's ferocious power.

That said, I do hope that AJ knocks them both into next week, can't stand Fury or Wilder!!!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 7:18]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:22 - Oct 2 with 3364 viewstextbackup

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 20:33 - Oct 1 by yesjohn99

I bet you've got a chain with a pair of golden boxing gloves attached to it around your neck haven't you.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:50 - Oct 2 with 3332 viewsBueller

I do not think there will be a rematch clause with Fury and Wilder to be honest unless a draw. It is not just the WBC title on the line, it's the prospect of meetng AJ at Wembley in April for a big pay day. That is if one of them can make the deal. As we have seen Al Haymon/Hearn struggled to make Wilder/AJ and I imagine Warren would want a 50:50 splt and that being difficult too. As mentioned rival stations does not help things also.

What I see happening in my opinion is Whyte will fight in December and then go on to fight AJ agai nin April. I think the winner of AJ/Whyte would fight the winner of Wilder/Fury later on 2019.

What complicates things is if Whyte fights Ortiz in December and not the rumoured rematch with Chisora and wins, he has to get a shot at the WBC early in 2019. So in turn Whyte would be fighting the winner of Wilder/Fury. That would leave Hearn scratching his head looking to fill the spot in April 2019. Too many variables at the minute to know what will happen, but Hearn will get desperate and throw money around to make what he wants to happen no doubt.
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:51 - Oct 2 with 3329 viewsDeano69

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:16 - Oct 1 by southnorfolkblue

Difficult to say as a lot depends on just how fit Fury really is. The Fury that beat Klitschko would beat AJ in my opinion, but the jury for me is massively out as to whether Fury can regain that sort of condition given the hammer that he gave his body when he went into exile. I just question how sharp you can be if you have to lose 8 stone to get back in shape.

Absolutely this. Fury is quick for a big guy (when fit) and has power to back it up.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 08:06 - Oct 2 with 3310 viewsHerbivore

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:51 - Oct 2 by Deano69

Absolutely this. Fury is quick for a big guy (when fit) and has power to back it up.

Fury doesn't have power at all. For a man of his size he punches like a wet fart.

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 08:09 - Oct 2 with 3304 viewsHerbivore

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 07:10 - Oct 2 by christiand

Fury is a man that can box, uses the jab very effectively and moves well for a big man and there remains this nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me he can do it. Yes, his chin is suspect, but he just doesn't go down and stay down he comes right back at you, he's got heart. I think he'll beat Wilder, he'll just be too clever for him, out box him and keep his distance from the American's ferocious power.

That said, I do hope that AJ knocks them both into next week, can't stand Fury or Wilder!!!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 7:18]

I honestly don't see any way that Fury beats AJ to be honest. Fury v Wilder is interesting because Wilder lacks basic technique and can't really take a shot very well, but I'm not sure Fury has the power to really hurt him. He could outbox Wilder potentially but Wilder is quick and unorthodox and hits very, very hard. I don't think Fury is good enough to avoid taking a few shots and I'm not sure he'll be able to take them. It's a tough one to call.

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 08:16 - Oct 2 with 3297 viewsGarv

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 22:17 - Oct 1 by christiand

Sad really. Watching those two numpties promoting their fight in December with a load of BS and bravado today. They both clearly believe they have to act this way to sell the fight, much preferred the Klitschko and Joshua build up, plenty of respect and class between the pair and let their fists do the talking in the ring. Just like GGG vs Canelo recently, no need for all this overhyping and trash-talking - the fight is good enough to sell itself.

Boxing is what it is.

Rubbish.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 09:15 - Oct 2 with 3209 viewsdirtyboy

Fury is a hugely talented boxer, just lacked the right people around him. You could argue he's had the best of both worlds, won and lived how he wanted, but ultimately, if he led a 'boxer's life' he'd have been more active, in better shape, and probably had a much higher profile worldwide.

Wilder v Fury is like any other big fight, it could go either way, Fury could box the sh*t out of Wilder and win on points or Wilder will catch up with him and there will be a KO. I don't see a draw, I don't see Wilder winning on points and I don't see Fury knocking out Wilder.

Joshua v Wilder or Fury has to happen and i'm pretty sure we'll see that in April, but Whyte has a chance of gatecrashing that payday still.

Whatever you say, all three of those fighters are incredibly dangerous for different reasons, AJ is more of the all round fighter, decent technical skills, big, but not that agile. Wilder is Ronseal, but does seem easy to hit, but you don't want to be in range either due to how unorthadox he is and Fury is clearly the best boxer, but lacks power and sometimes concentration...not great against huge punchers....but he avoided Wlad for 12 rounds....

That's why I love boxing, just never really know when the best fight each other...
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 09:37 - Oct 2 with 3174 viewsJakeITFC

At their best:

I think Wilder beats Fury.

I think Fury beats AJ.

I think AJ beats Wilder.
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 09:46 - Oct 2 with 3158 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Would like to see it happen, but Fury is still only a couple of fights into his comeback so there are a few people in front of him for a title bout... Though if he does beat Wilder he has put himself front & centre.

Personally I'd like to see Parker Vs Fury early next year as I think that would give a very good indicator of where Fury is at and I think Parker is probably the better boxer out of Wilder, Fury & Parker... With AJ sitting slightly higher
Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 10:24 - Oct 2 with 3106 viewsMeenoITFC

The Khabib v McGregor fight is one you should watch in the mean time. Going to be a war in the octagon, I cant see khabib losing.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 11:37 - Oct 2 with 3043 viewsHerbivore

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 09:37 - Oct 2 by JakeITFC

At their best:

I think Wilder beats Fury.

I think Fury beats AJ.

I think AJ beats Wilder.

I'd be interested to see your reasoning.

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 11:39 - Oct 2 with 3042 viewschicoazul

I guess they will let it bubble for a while. I reckon Fury wins it though!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 11:40 - Oct 2 with 3041 viewschicoazul

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 21:04 - Oct 1 by J2BLUE

Don't think it will happen. Fury will retire before they ever fight. He can then keep the line about being the lineal world champion and not get knocked out.

The money would be enormous. Fury is all about the money and i am sure they would do it if the purse was right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury on 12:03 - Oct 2 with 3015 viewsTIB

A lot of folk in boxing say Fury is the better boxer and naturally gifted, although as mentioned, his time off partying etc may catch up with him with the return he's trying to create.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024