Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? 20:59 - Oct 1 with 2728 viewsStenvict

Did well when he came on in the last game of last season but haven't heard anything about him this season. Is he injured... as well?

Poll: What will be announced first?

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 21:53 - Oct 1 with 2632 viewsIllinoisblue

spinning around Cotter/Drinan vortex in the itfc black hole

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 22:26 - Oct 1 with 2559 viewsitfcjoe

He'd been playing well for the U23s but has missed the last few games.

I'd heard he wanted out of ITFC recently (Presumably one PH doesn't rate and needs to kick start career), and had been on trial at Aldershot - but not sure whether that was with a view to a loan or a loan to permanent move.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 10:09 - Oct 2 with 2139 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Had been one of the better (more consistent) performers for the U23's last season.

But at 21, perhaps he is viewed as someone who needs to be pushing a lot closer to the 1st team or to be offloaded in the near future. The (relative) safety of being in the U23 squad can't last forever as there will always be younger players moving through the system behind
What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 10:28 - Oct 2 with 2093 viewsKieran_Knows

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 22:26 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

He'd been playing well for the U23s but has missed the last few games.

I'd heard he wanted out of ITFC recently (Presumably one PH doesn't rate and needs to kick start career), and had been on trial at Aldershot - but not sure whether that was with a view to a loan or a loan to permanent move.

I was surprised he got another deal in the summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 10:40 - Oct 2 with 2064 viewsRobTheMonk

I thought he looked quite decent in the U23 game I've seen this season. He was being treated as a bit of a John O'Shea though and never cemented a position. I'd still think he'd be great as a utility player.
What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 2017 viewsBluefish

He is the new Gary Thompson
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 11:00]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 12:50 - Oct 2 with 1854 viewsitfcjoe

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 10:28 - Oct 2 by Kieran_Knows

I was surprised he got another deal in the summer.

I was, but if you speak to coaches there he is seen as a very late developer - almost like Jesse Lingard at United where they knew he wasn't going to be ready for regular football until 22-23 but that he is a player that could blossom late.

I think he'd been the best player for 23s through pre season, Lankester aside, and that he has a future in the game - but can see that at 21 he is seen as too old to make an impact now. But there is a decent dependable and versatile player in there - in days gone by he'd have been Reserve team captain until he was 25 playing the 50 games over 6 years for the 1st team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 17:22 - Oct 2 with 1661 viewsHullblue

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 12:50 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

I was, but if you speak to coaches there he is seen as a very late developer - almost like Jesse Lingard at United where they knew he wasn't going to be ready for regular football until 22-23 but that he is a player that could blossom late.

I think he'd been the best player for 23s through pre season, Lankester aside, and that he has a future in the game - but can see that at 21 he is seen as too old to make an impact now. But there is a decent dependable and versatile player in there - in days gone by he'd have been Reserve team captain until he was 25 playing the 50 games over 6 years for the 1st team

Your description of reserve term stalwarts made me think of Wayne Brown, so I looked him up - turns out he almost exactly fits that model. 40 league appearances in 5 years.

Shame really as I always thought he was excellent when he played. Mind you I was 12 when he left.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 18:34 - Oct 2 with 1597 viewsgordon

What has happened to Shane McLoughlin? on 17:22 - Oct 2 by Hullblue

Your description of reserve term stalwarts made me think of Wayne Brown, so I looked him up - turns out he almost exactly fits that model. 40 league appearances in 5 years.

Shame really as I always thought he was excellent when he played. Mind you I was 12 when he left.

Neil and David Gregory were both a bit similar too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024