Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris is on (n/t) 13:04 - Oct 2 with 13391 viewsLord_Lucan

and opens with a cracker!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 13:05]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:08 - Oct 2 with 4285 viewsJ2BLUE

Wonderful soft shot at Momentum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:25 - Oct 2 with 4227 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:08 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

Wonderful soft shot at Momentum.

Rather than have a speech on Brexit he is doing a speech as if he were Prime minister.

If the leadership challenge hasn't started before today - it certainly has now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:27 - Oct 2 with 4198 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:25 - Oct 2 by Lord_Lucan

Rather than have a speech on Brexit he is doing a speech as if he were Prime minister.

If the leadership challenge hasn't started before today - it certainly has now.

Agreed. Any deniability has just gone out the window. Game on.

Truly impaired.

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:38 - Oct 2 with 4144 viewsStokieBlue

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:27 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

Yep.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:39 - Oct 2 with 4146 viewsitfcjoe

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:27 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

Brilliant - more nob waving and infighting as opposed to actually sorting out Brexit.

Boris is a spent force, if he became PM then we are buggared as a country, if we aren't already.

If I could I would look at emigrating as per the other thread.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:42 - Oct 2 with 4114 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:39 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Brilliant - more nob waving and infighting as opposed to actually sorting out Brexit.

Boris is a spent force, if he became PM then we are buggared as a country, if we aren't already.

He's entertaining but the wrong person to lead the country.

I can't actually think of anyone both realistic and good to lead the country at the moment.

Truly impaired.

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:45 - Oct 2 with 4092 viewsfooters

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:39 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

"Cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies", "watermelon smiles".
"Orientals have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole."

The man is a disgusting racist. He should never have been allowed anywhere near high office, but for some reason people find him funny... possibly because they're racists as well.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 13:45]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:45 - Oct 2 with 4092 viewsitfcjoe

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:42 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

He's entertaining but the wrong person to lead the country.

I can't actually think of anyone both realistic and good to lead the country at the moment.

Everything too extreme - we are going to be in a position where country is effectively choosing between Jacob Rees-Mogg or Jeremy Corbyn.

I can only speak for myself, and my peers, and everyone I speak to, but i just can't see that anyone wants to choose between left versus right at such seemingly extremes.

What do people genuinely want - I'm personally to the right of centre economically, and to the left of centre socially - both parties have policies that resonate with me and policies I strongly disagree with. Am I the strange one??

Login to get fewer ads

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:48 - Oct 2 with 4053 viewsSWGF

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:45 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Everything too extreme - we are going to be in a position where country is effectively choosing between Jacob Rees-Mogg or Jeremy Corbyn.

I can only speak for myself, and my peers, and everyone I speak to, but i just can't see that anyone wants to choose between left versus right at such seemingly extremes.

What do people genuinely want - I'm personally to the right of centre economically, and to the left of centre socially - both parties have policies that resonate with me and policies I strongly disagree with. Am I the strange one??

This is exactly where I am. Surely that's where most people are, isn't it?

Why the hell haven't the centre right from the Tories and the centre left from Labour just got together and agree to form a centrist party? Alienate the extremists to their own extremes. They'd surely wipe the floor with whatever's left.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 13:48]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 2 with 4023 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris is hardly extreme, he is quite the moderate.

I's just that he is anti EU

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:53 - Oct 2 with 4002 viewsfooters

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:51 - Oct 2 by Lord_Lucan

He isn't though, is he? Hence why he wrote two completely different articles before the vote- one for each side- before deciding on Leave. It's just his vehicle for challenging May.

He'll tell you that up is down and black is white if it gets him what he wants. No principles whatsoever.

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:55 - Oct 2 with 3988 viewsgiant_stow

You're out of date fella! He was moderate when he was doing the Mayor or London gig - now he's looking to boss the tories, he's gone all letterbox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 3957 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:53 - Oct 2 by footers

He isn't though, is he? Hence why he wrote two completely different articles before the vote- one for each side- before deciding on Leave. It's just his vehicle for challenging May.

He'll tell you that up is down and black is white if it gets him what he wants. No principles whatsoever.

You are completely wrong. He may have done what you say (has that been confirmed?) but if so for one of two reasons... 1 - to toe the party line, 2 - out of self and career interest.

But Boris has always been anti EU, always.

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:59 - Oct 2 with 3937 viewsitfcjoe

Boris isn't pro or anti anything, other than doing what he needs to do to further his own career. he has no values or beliefs

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 3919 viewsfooters

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:57 - Oct 2 by Lord_Lucan

You are completely wrong. He may have done what you say (has that been confirmed?) but if so for one of two reasons... 1 - to toe the party line, 2 - out of self and career interest.

Here's the full article: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-article-backing-britains

That's what I mean though. I'm not sure of anything he says because he'll change his mind to suit whatever opportunist goal he has in mind. He's a careerist who'll say and do anything if it means getting into power.

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 3917 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm the same as you. I find loyalty to certain parties really, really odd.

Truly impaired.

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 3915 viewsFootballpete

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:57 - Oct 2 by Lord_Lucan

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-single-market-brexit-campaign-custom

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 3916 viewsitfcjoe

Boris is on (n/t) on 13:48 - Oct 2 by SWGF

This is exactly where I am. Surely that's where most people are, isn't it?

Why the hell haven't the centre right from the Tories and the centre left from Labour just got together and agree to form a centrist party? Alienate the extremists to their own extremes. They'd surely wipe the floor with whatever's left.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 13:48]

Just don't know how that works with regards to the establishment of the party, and how succesfully it would split the vote - ultimately a huge swathe of the population only feel comfortably voting Labour or Tory

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:04 - Oct 2 with 3883 viewsSWGF

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Just don't know how that works with regards to the establishment of the party, and how succesfully it would split the vote - ultimately a huge swathe of the population only feel comfortably voting Labour or Tory

You and me, Joe. We'll start the new SDP. I'll be David Owen, you can be Shirley WIlliams.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:04 - Oct 2 with 3883 viewsfooters

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

Wouldn't you be open to voting LibDem, Joe?

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:07 - Oct 2 with 3855 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:04 - Oct 2 by footers

Only with Clegg as leader.

Truly impaired.

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:10 - Oct 2 with 3836 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree.

Time for someone to start a new party!

What we are missing is a good election theme song.... there hasn't really been a seismic shift in power since 1997, and that was on the back of D-Ream and Things Can Only Get Better!!

Any suggestions for one that is appropriate now?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:12 - Oct 2 with 3810 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 2 by Footballpete

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-single-market-brexit-campaign-custom

I'm going to have to come back to this - genuinely have to help the Mrs and she's staring at me.

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:13 - Oct 2 with 3810 viewsfooters

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:07 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

Only with Clegg as leader.

Shooting myself in the foot for wanting it, but British politics needs the LibDems back as a real force before we end up with a two-party system.

I just don't understand a lot of people on this thread wanting a third option but not seeing the LDs as a natural choice for that middle ground? I would have thought they'd be a perfect fit.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 14:13]

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:20 - Oct 2 with 3756 viewsitfcjoe

Boris is on (n/t) on 14:04 - Oct 2 by footers

I am an LD member, and that is where I'd probably associate myself with if pushed - but it often feels like a wasted vote.

When in Ipswich I always voted Labour or Tory, had been in Suffolk Coastal and now in Central Suffolk and North Ipswich which are both Tory strong holds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024