Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of free movement. 13:14 - Oct 2 with 1018 viewsMattinLondon

Given that free movement will end with Brexit is there a possibility that we’ll need visas to go on holiday in EU countries?
End of free movement. on 13:20 - Oct 2 with 978 viewsGuthrum

Theoretically, but in practice unlikely. Movement to work is what they're concerned about, not holidaymakers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

End of free movement. on 13:30 - Oct 2 with 935 viewsPendejo

Always possible, however, one would assume they'd adopt a system similar to Turkey. A few minutes online and $20 or so dollars later you have a print at home tourist visa.

I'm sure the billions of Euros spent by British Tourists will still be welcomed, unless the EU Mafia dons have a cunning plan to replace that income.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

End of free movement. on 13:35 - Oct 2 with 901 viewschicoazul

Yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

End of free movement. on 13:35 - Oct 2 with 899 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt it. They are already looking at making business travel frictionless for travellers from 'safe countries' so assume it will be the same for tourists.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

End of free movement. on 13:37 - Oct 2 with 891 viewsnoggin

More concerning to the average brexiteer will be a quota of 200 fags and 5 litres of beer/ or a litre of spirits, when returning from Benidorm.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

End of free movement. on 13:38 - Oct 2 with 877 viewsBluefish

Very possibly, just like we do for USA and Turkey

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

End of free movement. on 13:43 - Oct 2 with 868 viewslinhdi

Yes, if no deal or if we pee them off much more. Likely to be similar to the US ESTA system, so you'll be able to apply in advance, and pay a relatively low fee of maybe £15. But that would make it trickier for people with some types of conviction. I assume - but don't know - that it would cover all EU countries without needing to prove where you're going or staying.

Driving is more complex - different types of international drivers licence depending which country you're going to. And don't plan to take the dog - unless you're happy to hang around a few days for your mutt to be quarantined.

ESTA -type system should be fairly painless, provided the government's new IT system works in time. Ah. Skegness it is then.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 13:43]
End of free movement. on 13:48 - Oct 2 with 838 viewsFixed_It

So basically, looking below, we don't know. No surprise there then.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024