Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? 17:18 - Oct 2 with 7245 viewsSwailsey

This isn't a loaded question - I'm just interested in if people think he will turn it around, rather than (what we all) hope he will.

I just can't see it at the moment unfortunately - something isn't sitting right with me, but I don't know what it is. It reminds me too much of Keane.

I know winning isn't everything, but the football hasn't been significantly better to justify it.

I HOPE he can turn it around and of course he is doing all he can, but I can't in my heart of hearts say that I think he will.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 5218 viewsCurrie10

As opposed to fictiously turn it around?

Sorry.

I don’t no. I think he’s too close to the sack for a new striker to help him.

Needs a win in next 4 or must go
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:31 - Oct 2 with 5213 viewsbackwaywhen

IMHO .....No , although my heart says Yes , too much change too soon for me ! .
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 5204 viewschicoazul

I truly hope so. Sadly there is not really any evidence for it. But a couple of wins on the bounce would do wonders for confidence.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 5168 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Depends what you mean by 'turn it around'. You mention Keane, but arguably in the short-term, he did turn it around, as we eventually got the win and ended up doing well enough to finish comfortably safe in 15th. Long term, Keane's regime never took off - and ultimately the latter is the more significant factor where Hurst is concerned.

I think he will turn it around for this season. Whether it will work long term or not, I've not seen enough to be confident of that at this stage.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:42 - Oct 2 with 5145 views44_not_out

Quite simply, no!
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:43 - Oct 2 with 5133 viewsTractorWood

No. Squad isn't good enough.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 with 5127 viewsWadeyBlue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:30 - Oct 2 by Currie10

As opposed to fictiously turn it around?

Sorry.

I don’t no. I think he’s too close to the sack for a new striker to help him.

Needs a win in next 4 or must go

I dont think he's close to the sack at all.

ME knows this is a new project and in his words something hes not done before. A new direction i think he said.

PH has a new team. Nobody in the ground is complaining. Most of the 'get rid of PH' people dont go to the games.

Keane was awful and did a lot of damage in a short space of time. Yet he went 17 games without a win.

I think ME will keep him even if we ended up relegated.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 with 5121 viewsipsrichtown

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:42 - Oct 2 by 44_not_out

Quite simply, no!

I really like how Paul Hurst comes across in his interviews. I hope he does turn things around, I have seen glimmers of hope so far. One thing I can safely say is I have seen more enjoyment in his short spell than I can remember in recent years
Login to get fewer ads

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 5109 viewsjas0999

Like others ... I hope so. I really do.

But I have my doubts.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:49 - Oct 2 with 5090 views44_not_out

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 by ipsrichtown

I really like how Paul Hurst comes across in his interviews. I hope he does turn things around, I have seen glimmers of hope so far. One thing I can safely say is I have seen more enjoyment in his short spell than I can remember in recent years

“I really like how Paul Hurst comes across in his interviews.”

You must very easily excited. I find his monotone drivel and cliches, dull and boring. How he enthuses the dressing room is beyond me!
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:53 - Oct 2 with 5065 viewsRadlett_blue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:43 - Oct 2 by TractorWood

No. Squad isn't good enough.

Yes, we have a much weaker squad than last season, with only Edwards really looking up to the mark of the new arrivals.
If we were scoring a few goals, there would be hope, but with Jackson learning his trade as a frequently isolated lone striker & only Sears in reserve, it's really hard to see where a few wins might come from.
No chance of bringing in new players until January so might as well stick with Hurst in the hope he finds a formula, but little sign of that so far.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:55 - Oct 2 with 5060 viewsipsrichtown

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:49 - Oct 2 by 44_not_out

You must very easily excited. I find his monotone drivel and cliches, dull and boring. How he enthuses the dressing room is beyond me!

Unfortunately you have to get out of your armchair to understand the second part of my comment
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:58 - Oct 2 with 5034 viewsyorkshire

Turn it around from 0 wins - yes for sure, turn it around from a bottom 3 place - yes, I am confident that we will have an upturn in form and I also think there are 6-8 teams that are as bad as us

Do I think he can get us promoted - time will tell (hopefully for PH) - the players he has signed aren't all that bad but none have set the world on fire - we need to get more confidence in the team and then see how they play. However for me, with the current playing staff we are nowhere near a top two place
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:00 - Oct 2 with 5025 viewsHorseboy

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:49 - Oct 2 by 44_not_out

I agree
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:05 - Oct 2 with 4998 views44_not_out

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:55 - Oct 2 by ipsrichtown

Unfortunately you have to get out of your armchair to understand the second part of my comment

Season ticket holder and I have been to every home game this season! Like I said, your levels of excitement must differ from mine.

Enjoy some ‘really exciting’ football against Fleetwood next season
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:11 - Oct 2 with 4970 viewsfatronaldo

My local team in Sweden has also had a really bad season, not scored as much as they usually do and looked really shaky in midfield which normally is their strong area. They also changed their manager going into this season. Have lost countless games in injury time and due to errors.

They recently won two games (with a bit of luck) and now they seem like world beaters compared to earlier in the season.

My point is that confidence is one of the most important factors in the game. And the players really havent got their share of luck so far. Cant blame them for that getting in their head.

So, it will definetly turn around. We have lots of new players AND they need to adjust to PHs playing style aswell.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:22 - Oct 2 with 4901 viewsfactual_blue

He will turn it around.

By 360°

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:27 - Oct 2 with 4885 viewsSuperblue95

He will turn it around this season and I will confidently claim that we stay up this year and relatively comfortably too.

Whether he kicks on from there is anyone's guess

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 4859 viewsRadlett_blue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:11 - Oct 2 by fatronaldo

My local team in Sweden has also had a really bad season, not scored as much as they usually do and looked really shaky in midfield which normally is their strong area. They also changed their manager going into this season. Have lost countless games in injury time and due to errors.

They recently won two games (with a bit of luck) and now they seem like world beaters compared to earlier in the season.

My point is that confidence is one of the most important factors in the game. And the players really havent got their share of luck so far. Cant blame them for that getting in their head.

So, it will definetly turn around. We have lots of new players AND they need to adjust to PHs playing style aswell.

Yeah, but we haven't remotely looked like winning a game this season, despite playing against 10 men & having a 2 goal lead in our last 2 games. In Keane's first season we kept losing, or failing to win games in injury time.
Against a strong Boro defence tonight, I will be amazed if we score tonight, let alone win.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 4856 viewseireblue

My hope is that PH is a good manager, can analyse the league, tactics, player capability and come up with plan that he can communicate and coach into the players and they can execute.

I hope he doesn't have a set formula that has worked in the lower leagues, but starts to fail in the championship, but he just sticks to it.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 4834 viewsGeoffSentence

Nope, sadly I don't think he can turn it round.

The football I have seen has not been good enough or, most importantly, threatening enough.

There is little scope bringing in better players. The ones he has brought in don't look like creating many or scoring many.

We have failed against some right shlt with sod all to indicate that we would do better against the better teams in the division.

The biggest positive so far is that we are unbeaten at home, and that is likely to change tonight.

I'd really like him to turn it round, and if he can get a couple of wins and drag us out of the bottom three my whole outlook will undoubtedly change, being a fickle footy supporter, but right now I can't see it happening.

To be fair, I have seen some pretty good football and defo seen much more entertaining football than the last few seasons. But, there's also been some poor stuff, first half vs the budgies was like watching a bunch of schoolkids.

Nothing I have seen gives me confidence he can turn it round. I want to be proved wrong, and quickly, but can't see it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:42 - Oct 2 with 4828 viewsSenatorBlue

So here's the thing...we and ME all wanted a better style (intent) of football, and I can't profess to have known anything of Hurst's style pre ITFC, however I am told it was direct, hardworking and pragmatic, but also with an intent to attack.

So far we've had the first three of those, but not enough quality to deliver the attacking intent in any sustained form. Hence not battered out of the park by anyone, however also only fleetingly looking like we could win. It all feels a bit like MM.2 at present.

Having said that, I want for Hurst to work out, because if it doesn't where do we go?

He's implemented a lot of change, perhaps too fast, but also desperately needed. Many of us were calling out for what he has done (minus losing Waggy). That fast change will put some noses out of joint, hence the "close to the sack" internet rumour derived status, that is completely at odds with all the noises coming out of the club in the public domain.

Turn it around for me, is (a) steady the ship (this is starting, draws not losses), (b) getting that win and building some confidence to keep us clear of relegation this season (I think we'll do this...just), (c) starting to see the high press pattern develop as we progress through this season, and as confidence and the next two transfer windows allow more squad shaping, and (d) kicking on from next season.

I think Hurst can achieve that.

The question is how far can that alone take us?

What we desperately need is true investment in the team to aid that re-build. At present we are selling assets, to finance that build (2 steps back for 1 step forwards). At some point that has to change, or we can't progress. I'm not talking multi-millions either, however take the Blackpool defender saga. If we really want/need him, spend the extra £500k to get him - it's pittance within the league we play.

Just my opinion, I doubt shared by many given the level of Hurst angst already being exhibited. But then I'm the eternal optimist and romanticist who wants this to be a mirror of Bobby's early months.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 18:46]
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:43 - Oct 2 with 4821 viewsCurrie10

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 by WadeyBlue

I dont think he's close to the sack at all.

ME knows this is a new project and in his words something hes not done before. A new direction i think he said.

PH has a new team. Nobody in the ground is complaining. Most of the 'get rid of PH' people dont go to the games.

Keane was awful and did a lot of damage in a short space of time. Yet he went 17 games without a win.

I think ME will keep him even if we ended up relegated.

Keane didn’t go that long.

Are you suggesting Hurst can go 16/17 winless??

No chance
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:47 - Oct 2 with 4796 viewsBlueBadger

If Keane can(albeit very briefly), then Hurst can.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 19:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 4782 viewsSeablu

No. He's created an average League 1 team. I don't want him given the job of bringing us back up either.
However, if we beat Pulis's lot tonight I shall delete this message and deny its very existence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024