Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out (n/t) 21:35 - Oct 2 with 2462 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:52 - Oct 2 with 2433 viewsrosseden

Whilst I applaud the sentiment, maybe put the effort into finding a multi millionaire, who is short of brain cells and awash with cash who wants to buy the club, before we moan about the guy bank rolling the club?

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 2 with 2423 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:52 - Oct 2 by rosseden

Whilst I applaud the sentiment, maybe put the effort into finding a multi millionaire, who is short of brain cells and awash with cash who wants to buy the club, before we moan about the guy bank rolling the club?

Brilliant.

Let’s just sit by and watch the club be destroyed slowly from the top

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:56 - Oct 2 with 2411 viewsStokieBlue

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:54 - Oct 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Brilliant.

He has a point though right?

What exactly do you think should happen? You want something but have no solution or alternative. It's not really a good position to continually trumpet.

SB
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 21:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 2 with 2391 viewsGeoffSentence

There must be a few russians wanting to offload some unexplained wealth.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:58 - Oct 2 with 2373 viewsBenters2

It’s only the worst start for Ipswich since 1938 😮⚽️💩
Evans Out (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 2 with 2362 viewsrosseden

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:57 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

There must be a few russians wanting to offload some unexplained wealth.

more then likely some somewhere, but i suspect they dont come on here to find out about it, so in the spirit of making things happen, we should probably try to arrange an entourage of disgruntled fans to go on a mission over there to find them and explain about the club and what it could be, or was, or whatever, then work out a way of laundering their money so it can be used, and hope that when its goes t1ts up, they dont blame us for blowing £6m plus of their year for an average sized championship club (who punched above our weight for a number of years with 2 of the best managers we have ever had in the UK) and give us a healthy portion of Novicok for our troubles. Or, maybe we dont? im not sure. Jury is out for me......

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 2340 viewsjeera

Brilliant.

Brilliant. So you have no ideas.

Let's just shout at the moon instead.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 2314 viewsGeoffSentence

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 2 by rosseden

more then likely some somewhere, but i suspect they dont come on here to find out about it, so in the spirit of making things happen, we should probably try to arrange an entourage of disgruntled fans to go on a mission over there to find them and explain about the club and what it could be, or was, or whatever, then work out a way of laundering their money so it can be used, and hope that when its goes t1ts up, they dont blame us for blowing £6m plus of their year for an average sized championship club (who punched above our weight for a number of years with 2 of the best managers we have ever had in the UK) and give us a healthy portion of Novicok for our troubles. Or, maybe we dont? im not sure. Jury is out for me......

Well they don't have to be russian, some crooks of a less dangerous nationality who need to deflate their cash pile before an unexplained wealth order comes through the post.

Perhaps some one from the Dutch mob, the dutch don't seem to be the sort of people to get too nasty.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 2313 viewsLeagueOne

So we should blindly support the owner until unless we know a billionaire personally, with a complete plan to take over a football club including a 5 year investment plan and so on? Have we got to be a fkn bank to have an opinion on anything these days? Evans has had a relatively easy ride from our support since he's been here, he needs to be accountable. As for bankrolling the club, what about the tens of millions we as supporters have put in since it started? Does that not count for nothing. Poor old Evans, I feel so sorry for having to pay for something HE chose to buy.

I despair at some of you Evans lovers I really do.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 2299 viewsjeera

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 by LeagueOne

So we should blindly support the owner until unless we know a billionaire personally, with a complete plan to take over a football club including a 5 year investment plan and so on? Have we got to be a fkn bank to have an opinion on anything these days? Evans has had a relatively easy ride from our support since he's been here, he needs to be accountable. As for bankrolling the club, what about the tens of millions we as supporters have put in since it started? Does that not count for nothing. Poor old Evans, I feel so sorry for having to pay for something HE chose to buy.

I despair at some of you Evans lovers I really do.

Evans lovers. Mick lovers...

Such an infantile thing to say, really.

No one here or anywhere I should think, loves Evans for his ownership.

But whining without offering solutions is pointless and irritating.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:12 - Oct 2 with 2278 viewsrosseden

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:08 - Oct 2 by GeoffSentence

Well they don't have to be russian, some crooks of a less dangerous nationality who need to deflate their cash pile before an unexplained wealth order comes through the post.

Perhaps some one from the Dutch mob, the dutch don't seem to be the sort of people to get too nasty.

unfortunately we have missed the boat on most of them, the double taxation treaties in a lot of places means most of that money is long gone, to places with no double tax treaties, funnily enough. I suspect our best bet is for Ed Sheeran to write 657 number ones for other artists so he gets the writers cash, have 13 number 1 albums, make load of money, invest it well, and then decide he wants to buy the club......

we might be waiting a while......

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 2270 viewsrosseden

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:10 - Oct 2 by jeera

Evans lovers. Mick lovers...

Such an infantile thing to say, really.

No one here or anywhere I should think, loves Evans for his ownership.

But whining without offering solutions is pointless and irritating.

my point exactly....... i would rather we had someone who was monumentally stupid and even more loaded that Abramovich, it would be fun to see that happen. Im certainly no evans lover. But until someone can show me a viable alternative, what should we do?!

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 2246 viewsSeablu

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:58 - Oct 2 by Benters2

Be careful what you wish for.
You enjoying this more this season?
Evans Out (n/t) on 22:18 - Oct 2 with 2242 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:56 - Oct 2 by StokieBlue

He has a point though right?

What exactly do you think should happen? You want something but have no solution or alternative. It's not really a good position to continually trumpet.

SB
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 21:56]

As fun as this is, I’m off out now the Town game was so fantastically sh1te so we will have to do this tomorrow.

I’ve made my views on his reign perfectly clear and I stick by them. Utter shambles of a leadership campaign from start to finish.

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 2224 viewsrosseden

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:18 - Oct 2 by The_Romford_Blue

As fun as this is, I’m off out now the Town game was so fantastically sh1te so we will have to do this tomorrow.

I’ve made my views on his reign perfectly clear and I stick by them. Utter shambles of a leadership campaign from start to finish.

I don't think any of us, well, any of the more sane among us, would disagree. But without a viable alternative, what are the options?

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:53 - Oct 2 with 2159 viewsJ2BLUE

People can argue for or against Evans all day long but to me it comes down to one simple distinction. To the likes of Rommers, you, me and tens of thousands of others the club is a football club and something we follow/support out of love. To Evans it's a business. Forget all that stuff about his kids being fans of the club and how he has started to love the club. He admits he bought the club thinking a few million of investment would see us in the Premier League. I don't know if he planned to sell us at that point or use us as a marketing tool for his business while providing hospitality packages for the cream of our Premier League games but it's irrelevant; we were bought by the Marcus Evans Group because Evans thought it would make him money.

It has gone disastrously. The smart business choice is now to sell up if he gets an offer. Forget how much he has spent. There is no upside left for him. A smart businessman should be looking to cut his losses now. Either he plans to keep funding us to the tune of millions per season or he is going to sell assets to pay the bills. Right now we don't seem to have many assets and even if we did it's the strategy of slow decline as we're witnessing right now.

Anyone in the game with an emotional connection to us can see what's happening. Burley, Butcher and Wark can see what is happening. Gobsh1tes like Keith Andrews aren't looking at this as a fan. They see us in mid table year after year and think we shold be grateful. Evans isn't all bad, he could have let us freefall to a level where we'd eventually break even, god knows what league that would be.

We are an investment gone wrong. He should now realise there is no way back and if he gets the opportunity he should take the hit IMO. It's easy to say when it's not your money I know but can anyone argue for the alternative from a business perspective? Who do we sell next summer? Dozzell? Woolf to Swindon for 500k because he's trying to keep his expenditure as low as possible? Bart for a cut price fee?

If you buy a house to rent out, interest rates go up and suddenly you're losing money every month you need to cut your losses at some point. Who will buy us? If the price is right I think people would be surprised.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans Out (n/t) on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 2114 viewsrosseden

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:53 - Oct 2 by J2BLUE

People can argue for or against Evans all day long but to me it comes down to one simple distinction. To the likes of Rommers, you, me and tens of thousands of others the club is a football club and something we follow/support out of love. To Evans it's a business. Forget all that stuff about his kids being fans of the club and how he has started to love the club. He admits he bought the club thinking a few million of investment would see us in the Premier League. I don't know if he planned to sell us at that point or use us as a marketing tool for his business while providing hospitality packages for the cream of our Premier League games but it's irrelevant; we were bought by the Marcus Evans Group because Evans thought it would make him money.

It has gone disastrously. The smart business choice is now to sell up if he gets an offer. Forget how much he has spent. There is no upside left for him. A smart businessman should be looking to cut his losses now. Either he plans to keep funding us to the tune of millions per season or he is going to sell assets to pay the bills. Right now we don't seem to have many assets and even if we did it's the strategy of slow decline as we're witnessing right now.

Anyone in the game with an emotional connection to us can see what's happening. Burley, Butcher and Wark can see what is happening. Gobsh1tes like Keith Andrews aren't looking at this as a fan. They see us in mid table year after year and think we shold be grateful. Evans isn't all bad, he could have let us freefall to a level where we'd eventually break even, god knows what league that would be.

We are an investment gone wrong. He should now realise there is no way back and if he gets the opportunity he should take the hit IMO. It's easy to say when it's not your money I know but can anyone argue for the alternative from a business perspective? Who do we sell next summer? Dozzell? Woolf to Swindon for 500k because he's trying to keep his expenditure as low as possible? Bart for a cut price fee?

If you buy a house to rent out, interest rates go up and suddenly you're losing money every month you need to cut your losses at some point. Who will buy us? If the price is right I think people would be surprised.

I dont disagree, but as we dont know what his agenda is, and there doesnt seem to be someone pushing to buy it, i cant see anything happening any time soon........

Evans Out (n/t) on 23:24 - Oct 2 with 2102 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

sorry to break this but they ain't exactly lining up to buy the club, who would want to buy Ipswich?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Evans Out (n/t) on 23:43 - Oct 2 with 2062 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:04 - Oct 2 by jeera

Brilliant. So you have no ideas.

Let's just shout at the moon instead.

Maybe Rommy has been watching the Kavanaugh testimony
Evans Out (n/t) on 23:54 - Oct 2 with 2014 viewsBluefish

Brilliant.

I will explain again that you are essentialy saying the club should fold

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Evans Out (n/t) on 06:48 - Oct 3 with 1908 viewsBenters2

Evans Out (n/t) on 22:17 - Oct 2 by Seablu

Be careful what you wish for.
You enjoying this more this season?

It’s not really the time to have a pop is it fkface!
Evans Out (n/t) on 08:16 - Oct 3 with 1841 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans Out (n/t) on 11:23 - Oct 3 with 1770 viewsSeablu

Evans Out (n/t) on 06:48 - Oct 3 by Benters2

It’s not really the time to have a pop is it fkface!

Just wanted the opinion of a proper dyed in the wool numbskull. Oddly, you sprang to mind.

You spent last season moaning that you weren't going again till MM left. Just wondered how you felt about your new toy?
Evans Out (n/t) on 11:35 - Oct 3 with 1748 viewsSeablu

Evans Out (n/t) on 21:58 - Oct 2 by Benters2

Someone given you a stats picture book or something?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024