Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens if we lose at Swansea? 22:21 - Oct 2 with 2300 viewsSomethingBlue

Not "what would you like to happen" ... but we have another break after that, so what actually happens? What does Evans do? We really aren't getting much better but on the other hand there is little prospect of anyone magicking us up a couple of fit strikers to give us half a chance. But if we let this go on much longer it's going to be too much to claw back — the harsh truth is that we aren't good enough and much as it's nice to cling to little patches of play here and there, they are the barest minimum any side should be producing. I don't really know what we do. Until January we're pretty hamstrung and by then it may well be too late.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 2226 viewsArnieM

“IF” we lose at Swansea! Really ? , “ IF”?? After what I’ve just witnessed tonight at PR it’s a undoubted WHEN we lose!

We’re going down - Defo info!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:31 - Oct 2 with 2215 viewsSomethingBlue

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:30 - Oct 2 by ArnieM

“IF” we lose at Swansea! Really ? , “ IF”?? After what I’ve just witnessed tonight at PR it’s a undoubted WHEN we lose!

We’re going down - Defo info!!

Not sure Hurst can afford to lose it, that's my feeling.

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2194 viewsipswich93

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:31 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

Must win surely a draw may seem a decent result but must stop the rot as apart from Preston at home can’t see when we will win it sounds dramatic but to me it’s that bad currently :(
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 2175 viewsJakeITFC

It seems fairly typical of our luck in the Evans reign that we choose to enter a season with a bad squad hamstrung with injuries in the first year that clubs can’t sign players on loan this late.

My big question is do we trust Hurst with January? If the answer is no now, why wait until anywhere near then to make the decision? This squad is obviously not good enough to stay up.
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:38 - Oct 2 with 2146 viewsipswich93

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:35 - Oct 2 by JakeITFC

It seems fairly typical of our luck in the Evans reign that we choose to enter a season with a bad squad hamstrung with injuries in the first year that clubs can’t sign players on loan this late.

My big question is do we trust Hurst with January? If the answer is no now, why wait until anywhere near then to make the decision? This squad is obviously not good enough to stay up.

What if we go another 5 to 10 games without a win do we still back hurst surely there’s gotta come a point where something needs to be done apart from Preston at home can’t see where it will come from sadly . That’s they key game Preston at home if we get to that stage and don’t win that surely enough is enough ?
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 2114 viewsReuser_is_God

Sack him.

EDIT: but who replaces him?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:45]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:56 - Oct 2 with 2044 viewsKev_W

Relegation is already highly probable. Retaining Hurst increases the risk week by week. Someone with a bit of experience, a good deal of luck plus strong signings in January might see us just survive but I doubt it. Hurst's naivety about the demands of Championship football has brought us to this. While there is a slim chance of staying up, Evans is surely obliged to take it by dismissing him sooner rather than later..
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:05 - Oct 2 with 1990 viewsSomethingBlue

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:56 - Oct 2 by Kev_W

Relegation is already highly probable. Retaining Hurst increases the risk week by week. Someone with a bit of experience, a good deal of luck plus strong signings in January might see us just survive but I doubt it. Hurst's naivety about the demands of Championship football has brought us to this. While there is a slim chance of staying up, Evans is surely obliged to take it by dismissing him sooner rather than later..

I make you right, and I'm reluctant to because with a fair wind Hurst has probably got enough about him to do quite well so this seems like such a shame. But he's created most of his own problems and it's hard to see things getting much better before it's too late. Had we managed to keep Walters fit there'd be a few reasons to think we might be able to make enough stick up front to learn to get men forward confidently; in the event we have nothing and it's really hard to see how this can go on. Relegation will be catastrophic for this club on pretty much every single level.

Login to get fewer ads

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:09 - Oct 2 with 1965 viewsbrogansnose

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:38 - Oct 2 by ipswich93

What if we go another 5 to 10 games without a win do we still back hurst surely there’s gotta come a point where something needs to be done apart from Preston at home can’t see where it will come from sadly . That’s they key game Preston at home if we get to that stage and don’t win that surely enough is enough ?

Quite frankly, he's got to get wins against Millwall, Preston and Reading, if not his position is untenable, if it isn't already.

If he goes then I can't see beyond Warburton or having Klug, Nash and Hogg to see the season out. Right now I can't see anything else but relegation.
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:39 - Oct 2 with 1891 viewsArnieM

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 22:31 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

Tbh I can’t see this team winning s game this season . We seem devoid of experience, know how, quality , call it what you like. Just who are we likely to beat ? I really want Hurst to succeed, but he just doesn’t seem to have it in him to do it , does he?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:49 - Oct 2 with 1831 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No need to wait until then. Mistakes happen in business time to admit it and move on immediately. Should be removed from his duties at 9am GMT Wednesday 3rd October.
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 06:31 - Oct 3 with 1632 viewsITFC_Forever

Nothing will happen.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 07:26 - Oct 3 with 1534 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we're pretty much stuck with this situation until January — or December at least. I don't think a new manager coming in can do an enormous amount overnight to turn things around and we're probably inviting new failure to bring in someone on that remit.

When Mick came in, it was about organising and prodding a soft squad into doing the hard stuff better and being tough to beat. Not saying it was an easy job but at least it was a clear assignment. But now I think we're looking at someone who can wave some tactical wand and turn an earnest but flawed team of earnest but flawed individuals into a team capable of scoring goals and probably winning 5 games out of the next 10 in order to not get stuck down at the bottom. I'm not ruling that out as impossible but it's hard to see how it can be engineered by a new man on the sidelines.

I'm pretty sure a win or two can solve a lot of the problems or at least cover them up. But until then I think Hurst needs to get back to his own basics. Pick a team and stick with it so players can build an understanding. Push the high tempo and high press of the athletes he's signed even if it means we're more open to the counter-attack. And above all get players up to support the lone striker in the system we're largely stuck with — it's our lack of cutting edge and indeed football in the opposition half that's the real problem for this team, not the individual lapses in concentration at the back however much we also need to cut those out too.

Pronouns: He/Him

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 07:29 - Oct 3 with 1514 viewsVaughan8

The question is, can another manager get better perforamces out of these players? A lot of lower league players who quite frankly arent good enough.

However surely if we lose to QPR at home he has to go.

As other people say, I can't say IF. Surely Swansea away is a pretty much certain loss.
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 07:35 - Oct 3 with 1487 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:49 - Oct 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No need to wait until then. Mistakes happen in business time to admit it and move on immediately. Should be removed from his duties at 9am GMT Wednesday 3rd October.

We need him out immediately, he’s underestimated the quality in this division and is so out of his depth. His policy of buying everything from the lower leagues is sending us down, the only hope is someone else in charge to try and turn this team around.
Klug possibly but not sure he wants to do it, so for me it’s got to be Warburton.
What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 07:48 - Oct 3 with 1445 viewsSteve_M

What happens if we lose at Swansea? on 23:05 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

I make you right, and I'm reluctant to because with a fair wind Hurst has probably got enough about him to do quite well so this seems like such a shame. But he's created most of his own problems and it's hard to see things getting much better before it's too late. Had we managed to keep Walters fit there'd be a few reasons to think we might be able to make enough stick up front to learn to get men forward confidently; in the event we have nothing and it's really hard to see how this can go on. Relegation will be catastrophic for this club on pretty much every single level.

Better organisation and more consistent team selection might at least make us more solid and harder to beat. The laxity defending corners on Saturday, followed by the goals last night suggest the defending is getting no better. Do that and we might snatch the odd win on the break before January, just to stay in touch.

I don't think anyone at the club has any faith in Hurst any longer, it's clear from the noises coming out that many of the players don't. The only slim chance of staying up is a change now.

What a fool though. He just had to work with what was here for a year and make changes gradually. Seems he got distracted by what he might be able to spend.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024