Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last year with Dear Mick was dire 01:40 - Oct 3 with 760 viewsharlingblue

Last year was dire, and MM had time and contacts within the game, gave the youngsters the odd chance but never embraced them.
This year we had hope with PH as a new young Manager, but he is going the same way, not giving our youngsters the chance that they have worked so hard to achieve, bringing in a whole new set of players that will need half a season to gel, while ignoring a young team that was there on the plate?
Last year with Dear Mick was dire on 06:57 - Oct 3 with 585 viewsHarry_Palmer

Unfortunately it is not simply just a case of giving our youngsters a chance and everything will be rosey.

They have to be good enough and the simple fact is most of them aren't at this moment in time, Nydam can't get a game at St Johnstone, and Morris can't get a game at Forrest Green so they are hardly likely to tear up the Championship.

Downes has proven not quite good enough yet for a regular start, the only one I can really see a case for at this moment in time is Dozzell. Who else do you think should be in the team that would realistically make a difference?

As for waiting for the new players to Gel, it is beyond that now, they also in most cases are simply not good enough.
Last year with Dear Mick was dire on 07:33 - Oct 3 with 516 viewsVaughan8

Last year with Dear Mick was dire on 06:57 - Oct 3 by Harry_Palmer

Unfortunately it is not simply just a case of giving our youngsters a chance and everything will be rosey.

They have to be good enough and the simple fact is most of them aren't at this moment in time, Nydam can't get a game at St Johnstone, and Morris can't get a game at Forrest Green so they are hardly likely to tear up the Championship.

Downes has proven not quite good enough yet for a regular start, the only one I can really see a case for at this moment in time is Dozzell. Who else do you think should be in the team that would realistically make a difference?

As for waiting for the new players to Gel, it is beyond that now, they also in most cases are simply not good enough.

I agree. If they arent good enough they shouldnt be playing. However we have spent money on players who arent good enough.

Surely Someone like Graham is no better than one of the youngsters?

Nolan is hardly the creative player we thought he is but looks to be one of Guests certain starters.

Is weird than numerous games this season we make changes at half time? Do we not research teams and are just reactive at HT when we got have got the tactics wrong?

It's just really weird the reactions, tactics etc. I wanted this to work but I can't see how it can.
Last year with Dear Mick was dire on 07:53 - Oct 3 with 478 viewsHarry_Palmer

Last year with Dear Mick was dire on 07:33 - Oct 3 by Vaughan8

I agree. If they arent good enough they shouldnt be playing. However we have spent money on players who arent good enough.

Surely Someone like Graham is no better than one of the youngsters?

Nolan is hardly the creative player we thought he is but looks to be one of Guests certain starters.

Is weird than numerous games this season we make changes at half time? Do we not research teams and are just reactive at HT when we got have got the tactics wrong?

It's just really weird the reactions, tactics etc. I wanted this to work but I can't see how it can.

Yes I also agree with you. The problems at our club are multi layered and deep rooted.

Most of the signings don't look good enough. I would also throw Donacien into that equation, he has been ok but I fail to see how he is a significant step up from Emmanuel.

Last night for example he was beaten quite easily and allowed crosses to come in far too easily. He put a couple of really good crosses in but then a couple of poor ones. Just far too hit and miss for me and another who like Nolan and Nsiala would be fine in League One but the Championship is a step too far.

When funds are as tight as they are with us we can ill afford to spend even 750k on a player that does not really improve on what we have got.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024