Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? 06:42 - Oct 3 with 1305 viewsEly_Blue

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but did Evans take too long in his decision making and ultimately pick the wrong man?

Wouldn’t you rather have been hearing the sound bites in this interview.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-ross-reacts-su

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 06:46 - Oct 3 with 1290 viewsReuser_is_God

People said this at the time.

Instead we went for Mini Mick.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:00 - Oct 3 with 1215 viewsBloomBlue

But hes doing ok in the league below us, Hurst did excellent in that same league last season
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:11 - Oct 3 with 1180 viewsSimonds92

Yes we clearly did. We needed an attacking manager regardless of age not an even more defensive one than we had. We also needed a manager to come in to that squad and boost their confidence tell them they're good players and give them belief of their ability on the ball. He came in and slated a number of them for no reason.
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:21 - Oct 3 with 1125 viewsJohnny_Boy

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 06:46 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

People said this at the time.

Instead we went for Mini Mick.

Yep. I was also wooed by Ross' footballing patter.
But I was told by some staunch Mickers that Hurst would be the better option - even when I get pelters on here for daring to suggest his side looked a bit HOOFY in the play-off final defeat.

I really want Hurst to turn it around. I still think he can. The table doesn't look too crazy down the bottom yet.

But, I was critical of Mick's aimless HoofBall & only being able to muster up ONE shot on target in 90mins. I would be a hypocrite now if I didn't criticise the same problems under Hurst.

Start with two strikers upfront. Play the most attacking team on paper from the off. Let's throw caution to the wind.
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:57 - Oct 3 with 1018 viewsdavblue

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:21 - Oct 3 by Johnny_Boy

Yep. I was also wooed by Ross' footballing patter.
But I was told by some staunch Mickers that Hurst would be the better option - even when I get pelters on here for daring to suggest his side looked a bit HOOFY in the play-off final defeat.

I really want Hurst to turn it around. I still think he can. The table doesn't look too crazy down the bottom yet.

But, I was critical of Mick's aimless HoofBall & only being able to muster up ONE shot on target in 90mins. I would be a hypocrite now if I didn't criticise the same problems under Hurst.

Start with two strikers upfront. Play the most attacking team on paper from the off. Let's throw caution to the wind.

I can't see Hurst turning this around, he's done. I've thought that since the Brentford game, it's a real shame but sometimes things don't work out. To recover belief in him from a 12/13 game winless run will be a remarkable turnaround.

There's pockets of play where you think i can see what he's trying to do, but those pockets of play are for 10 or so minutes and so sporadic.

Where do we go from here? I have no idea, i suspect a young manager won't be appointed and we will go with a tried and tested manager again at this level, but i think this year is the year we go down.

Mick covered the cracks for 5 years but the Evans ownership has been a very poor from start to finish. We will never get to the prem with him as an owner. The game has moved on and he will invest what he wants and that's his right but unfortunately it requires more nowadays.

I like that he's given managers time but that's the only positive i can give him from his time here.
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 08:06 - Oct 3 with 986 viewsJohnny_Boy

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 07:57 - Oct 3 by davblue

I can't see Hurst turning this around, he's done. I've thought that since the Brentford game, it's a real shame but sometimes things don't work out. To recover belief in him from a 12/13 game winless run will be a remarkable turnaround.

There's pockets of play where you think i can see what he's trying to do, but those pockets of play are for 10 or so minutes and so sporadic.

Where do we go from here? I have no idea, i suspect a young manager won't be appointed and we will go with a tried and tested manager again at this level, but i think this year is the year we go down.

Mick covered the cracks for 5 years but the Evans ownership has been a very poor from start to finish. We will never get to the prem with him as an owner. The game has moved on and he will invest what he wants and that's his right but unfortunately it requires more nowadays.

I like that he's given managers time but that's the only positive i can give him from his time here.

Hard to disagree with any of that.
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 08:18 - Oct 3 with 947 viewsmikeybloo88

Should have gone for Danny Cowley...great man manager and great at producing winning football with inferior players such as ours
Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 08:19 - Oct 3 with 934 viewsblueconscience

Jack Ross would be having the same problems as Hurst under Evans.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 08:21 - Oct 3 with 922 viewsLord_Lucan

I never saw for one minute why we should appoint Hurst, I wanted Ross as soon as he entered the frame and Hurst definitely wasn't my second choice, I quite liked the idea of Scott Parker as an outsider.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Did we pick the wrong “young and hungry manager”? on 08:22 - Oct 3 with 920 viewsITFCBlues

Sunderland are hardly ripping up L1 are they? 7 points adrift of the leaders with the biggest budget in the history of L1 according to their owner

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024