Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart 06:46 - Oct 3 with 1211 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Let’s start with chambers and Skuse:-

I have never been their biggest fans and both are now well past their best days I think we would all agree.

The problem I have is we have continued to build a team around these two players when they were vocally two of Micks strongest supporters and not the right players for any new manager to build the team around let alone a manger who requires pace from every player to get up and down the park to make his high press game effective.

In short I think they are the root of the problem and failure to replace the only two I would have looked to replace at the start of Hursts regime are pretty much the only players left from Micks.

Knudsen :-

Again another staunch mick fan who should have come back from the World Cup playing with all the confidence in the world not a frightened 10 year old who is in the school team for the first time. Another coincidence that one of micks “men” has been one of our poorer players (admittedly there’s been plenty to pick from)

Bart:-

I said two weeks into the season not replacing Malcolm Webster could be the biggest mistake we make and I was abused all over the shop for it, the fact remains our best player for the past 3 seasons and now highest paid player is a sub gk!! How we have allowed that to be the case is criminal. Again another player who should of come back from the World Cup on a high instead has looked unrecognisable.
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:50 - Oct 3 with 1188 viewsBenters2

I thought Skuse was alright last night but Chambers had a shocker.
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:50 - Oct 3 with 1186 viewsReuser_is_God

We did replace Malcolm Webster.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:56 - Oct 3 with 1162 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:50 - Oct 3 by Benters2

I thought Skuse was alright last night but Chambers had a shocker.

Agree Skuse was far from our poorest player last night but he just seems lost as he clearly has never been Matt Holland type arriving late in the box 10/15 goals a season and when looks behind him chalabah is in the only position I think Skuse wants to be and is happy. So why shoehorn him into the team?
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:56 - Oct 3 with 1167 viewstractorboy1978

They are the root of the problem? It looks to me as if Chambers and Skuse are the two that are keeping it even remotely all together - we look so naive it is scary all over the pitch.
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 07:45 - Oct 3 with 1021 viewsdavblue

Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 06:56 - Oct 3 by ColchesterBlue1985

Agree Skuse was far from our poorest player last night but he just seems lost as he clearly has never been Matt Holland type arriving late in the box 10/15 goals a season and when looks behind him chalabah is in the only position I think Skuse wants to be and is happy. So why shoehorn him into the team?

i think we should go to a 4-3-3, Skuse sit in front of the centre halves and try and give us a platform to build on. Chabolah would then have some insurance behind him as his Positional sense at times can be found wanting.

Nolan isn't a 10 so get a 3 in there and try and be hard to beat. Im not saying all of a sudden we will start winning game after game but we need to give ourselves a chance.
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 08:01 - Oct 3 with 984 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The problems goes further back . Tommy Smith was allowed to leave when we had loan players playing in his place.
Webster was sold.
And we are left with a right sided fb cb in the left cb position.
With Chambers.
The whole back 4 looked a shambles n Graham didn’t help anyone out either
Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 08:08 - Oct 3 with 948 viewsHerbivore

Good post, aside from being wrong in every respect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers, Skuse, Knudsen and Bart on 08:13 - Oct 3 with 925 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The first goal last night was down to Nolan's over enthusiasm for the high press leaving a huge hole in midfield! Sometimes experience can come in handy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024