Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing that worries me most about Hurst 08:32 - Oct 3 with 1086 viewsBlueRaider

I think Hurst has misjudged the gap between league 1 and the championship, and consequently some of his signings are not adapting well, but the thing that worries me most is team selection. It seems so random, he seems to drop players who are playing well (Edwards !), he has blundered significantly in the starting line up for both the Brentford and Boro games - rectifying both at half time, but it was too late then.

For me the team should be (assuming we stick to Hurst's 4-5-1) :

Goalkeeper

Bart (it may be unfair on Gerken, but Bart is the better keeper, the stats support this)

Defence

Donacien (Has looked solid, crosses well, created two of our best moments last night)
Nsiala
Chambers
Knudsen

Use Pennington as cover for all but Knudsen where I would use Kenlock

Midfield

Choose one of Skuse or Chalobah to be the sitting midfielder
Have Dozzell alongside to 'quarterback' the team
Edwards on the right.
Left wing is problematic, Ward and Graham are both average, perhaps try Rowe.
If we can get them fit, play one of Bishop or Huws at 10, if not play Nolan

Striker

Sears - He showed well last night against the toughest defence in the league. Have Jackson on the bench to use his pace later on.

Most importantly, stick with the same team where possible to get some consistency !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 08:46 - Oct 3 with 1042 viewsfactual_blue

#mindthegap

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 08:52 - Oct 3 with 1017 viewsJohnny_Boy

The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 08:46 - Oct 3 by factual_blue

#mindthegap

While we are all being divisive to one another.

How is Farke getting on? Not hearing that awful FarkeLife chant on here much.
The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 08:58 - Oct 3 with 990 viewsHalf_Idiot

I'd like to see Jackson and Dozzell on the pitch together. Dozzell is brilliant at finding those gaps to pass in to, combine that with the pace of Jackson running into those spaces and you can cause some serious trouble
The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 09:13 - Oct 3 with 944 viewsGuthrum

I think it's more specific than that. The difference is in the area of defence. The gap is not astronomical between the divisions, but enough that a Championship back line (tough, well organised and crewed by giants) cannot be readily breached by the methods he's trying.

It requires numbers in the box and supporting runners on the break. Instead we have outnumbered men going down dead ends with not a teammate in sight to help out. Or long balls to a player who then has nobody to cross to.

We're left with wide-men attempting hopefully to boot it off the shins of a defender for a throw-in (all too often slow and laboriously taken). Or a cross to four or five opposition shirts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 09:24 - Oct 3 with 911 viewsbraveblue

Various teams have done up and got promoted or finished top 6. Gap is not big. Evans sold our best players.

Calling for Sears. Does not score. Been struggling for years. Jackson has a future with proper support.
The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 897 viewsflimflam

The thing that worries me most about Hurst on 09:13 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

I think it's more specific than that. The difference is in the area of defence. The gap is not astronomical between the divisions, but enough that a Championship back line (tough, well organised and crewed by giants) cannot be readily breached by the methods he's trying.

It requires numbers in the box and supporting runners on the break. Instead we have outnumbered men going down dead ends with not a teammate in sight to help out. Or long balls to a player who then has nobody to cross to.

We're left with wide-men attempting hopefully to boot it off the shins of a defender for a throw-in (all too often slow and laboriously taken). Or a cross to four or five opposition shirts.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

My biggest issue is that the players he has paid good money for are no better than what we produce from the Under 23's.

Mick Mills got it spot on last night that these guys are all mid 20's and most likely at the upper end of their game whereas our youngsters will eventually become far better players if given the chance.

Jan we need to recall Nydam, Woolf and Morris and get them involved along with Folami, Lankaster etc. If we are to go down go down in style playing the same way as our academy although I believe they would improve us and possibly keep us up anyways.

Also the best loan player we have Edun cannot get a game.

I wanted PH here but am puzzled by him at the moment and watched him closely last night and looks like a rabbit in headlights on the sidelines which is concerning. No doubt he is a decent guy and a decent manager but he has right royally ballsed up his start here and it may be too late for him to do much about it which is a shame.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024