Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're down aren't we? 10:03 - Oct 3 with 1714 viewsReuser_is_God

The team that Mick inherited from Jewell at least had a bit about them, it was the fact that Jewell couldn't organise them that was the issue.

The nucleus of:

Henderson
Chambers
Smith
Cresswell
N'Daw
Hyam
Edwards
Campbell
Murphy

Was there for Mick to turn it round with.

A new man coming in now would be absolutely fcuked.

We are sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We're down aren't we? on 10:09 - Oct 3 with 1676 viewsSomethingBlue

We're not down, and if we start thinking like that it'll become self-fulfilling, but you make a very fair comparison with the team Mick received. The current crop offer nowhere near that quality and I also don't see a manager of that standing who could/would come in and pick us up to the same extent even if we did. Whatever happens we need to cling on until January — and then battle for our lives.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We're down aren't we? on 10:09 - Oct 3 with 1672 viewsGuthrum

Disagree. I'd say that

Gerken/Bialkowski
Donacien
Pennington
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Skuse
Chalobah
Edun
Downes
Dozzell
Ward (maybe)
Edwards
Jackson

is the nucleus of a decent team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We're down aren't we? on 10:11 - Oct 3 with 1657 viewsKeaneish

I think the only thing that is really, genuinely sh1t is the level of posts with little substance to what is actually going wrong on the pitch at the moment. Let's have interesting debate about the football instead of drawing non-sensical parallels to previous regimes...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We're down aren't we? on 10:11 - Oct 3 with 1651 viewsSomethingBlue

We're down aren't we? on 10:09 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

Disagree. I'd say that

Gerken/Bialkowski
Donacien
Pennington
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Skuse
Chalobah
Edun
Downes
Dozzell
Ward (maybe)
Edwards
Jackson

Certainly some good individuals in there but collectively it's really very lightweight compared to virtually everything we are up against, the OP has a point.

We're down aren't we? on 10:13 - Oct 3 with 1635 viewsclive_baker

We're down aren't we? on 10:11 - Oct 3 by Keaneish

I think the only thing that is really, genuinely sh1t is the level of posts with little substance to what is actually going wrong on the pitch at the moment. Let's have interesting debate about the football instead of drawing non-sensical parallels to previous regimes...

Go on then, kick us off...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We're down aren't we? on 10:13 - Oct 3 with 1637 viewstextbackup

we are so down.

but when im stood there I feel like im in the scene from Armageddon when the paedo man from con air is laughing because the nuclear bomb is going to explode right next to him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We're down aren't we? on 10:23 - Oct 3 with 1587 viewsGuthrum

We're down aren't we? on 10:11 - Oct 3 by SomethingBlue

Certainly some good individuals in there but collectively it's really very lightweight compared to virtually everything we are up against, the OP has a point.

It's got some solidity at the back, creativity in midfield. There's plenty to work with.

Other teams are just as weak. Barring some organisation and a bit of determination, Birmingham were not that much better than us. Six teams apart from ourselves are averaging one point per game or less, a quarter of the division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We're down aren't we? on 10:59 - Oct 3 with 1523 viewsSomethingBlue

We're down aren't we? on 10:23 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

It's got some solidity at the back, creativity in midfield. There's plenty to work with.

Other teams are just as weak. Barring some organisation and a bit of determination, Birmingham were not that much better than us. Six teams apart from ourselves are averaging one point per game or less, a quarter of the division.

Birmingham have an outstanding playmaker for this division in Jota and a decent, experienced leader of the line in Jutkiewicz — if we had those two things I'd agree with you but we're really lacking in some key areas.

Login to get fewer ads

We're down aren't we? on 11:01 - Oct 3 with 1508 viewsNazemariner

Get a grip man!

I agree that this is not the time to change managers though.
We're down aren't we? on 11:04 - Oct 3 with 1487 viewsFrimleyBlue

Welcome to the dark side Reuser

Painful aint it

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We're down aren't we? on 11:15 - Oct 3 with 1451 viewsKeaneish

We're down aren't we? on 10:13 - Oct 3 by clive_baker

Please read other threads...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We're down aren't we? on 11:36 - Oct 3 with 1399 viewsChocorange

We're down aren't we? on 10:13 - Oct 3 by clive_baker

Here's one to start us off, our central midfield is poor.

Skuse only offers , championship experience , a fair reading of the game leading to a good number of interceptions and protection for the back 4 , nothing in attack or passing well or setting up quick attacking moves.
Yet PH plays him in front of Chalobah , if we are going to play Skuse at all, we are not making the most of his strengths.

Chalobah on the other hand does have more tempo and passing ability, sees things quicker , has more shots , but dies have the weakness of switching off and not tracking runners , leaving the centre of defence exposed.

Personally I would only play one or the other but if he must play both Skuse should be the deeper.
For me Dozzell should be one of the deeper 2 if we stick with this formation.

Onto Nolan, does not look good enough to be he focal point for goals and attacks, however I do think that he is making runs but that the likes of Chambo , Skuse, Knudsen, are not able to pick a pass and find him.
Edun would be worth a try ( if he shows aptitude in training for the role) but also Sears, I think Freddie is simply not good enough as a striker , but he can cross or pass the ball, last night when he came on against Boro, he was coming deep often and linking up play with short quick accurate passes as well as making runs..
He certainly isnt big enough or good enough to play the lone role up top, especially with the high crosses our wingers put in.

But again instead of lust trying this in a match, work on it n training!

We are crying out for an enforcer , a quality player who bosses the midfield , protects and can pass at least adequately. This would allow us to play this one player instead of Skuse and Chalobah , and then have 2 attack minded players in the centre.
We're down aren't we? on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 1310 viewsTractorWood

We're down aren't we? on 10:09 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

Disagree. I'd say that

Gerken/Bialkowski
Donacien
Pennington
Chambers
Nsiala
Knudsen
Skuse
Chalobah
Edun
Downes
Dozzell
Ward (maybe)
Edwards
Jackson

That's dross compared to the majority of this league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024