Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds 12:27 - Oct 3 with 5933 viewsReuser_is_God

Absolute disgrace, anyone who participated in this last night should never be allowed into PR again.

Numbskulls.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:32 - Oct 3 with 5095 viewsGarv

Some old chap/idiot North upper was really enjoying himself whenever a pass went wrong and made the loudest noise of the night when he realised Nolan was going off. Hacked me off.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 12:33]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:53 - Oct 3 with 5003 viewsSamWhiteUK

God damn, was trying to see who downvoted and now I have as well. Sorry. I agree, I think it's pathetic
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:55 - Oct 3 with 4982 viewsClapham_Junction

Saw the thread title and assumed it was a reference to the reactions to Theresa May's speech.
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:57 - Oct 3 with 4967 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I didn’t go last night.

We stayed home and watched it on the TV.

The sarcastic cheering was very noticeable when Nolan went off.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:06 - Oct 3 with 4918 viewsMonkey

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:57 - Oct 3 by The_Romford_Blue

I didn’t go last night.

I was there and that cheering to me was more because Dozzell was coming on not because Nolan went off.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:11 - Oct 3 with 4876 viewsJackSted

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 12:57 - Oct 3 by The_Romford_Blue

I didn’t go last night.

Surely it was sarcastic cheering because Dozzell was finally getting subbed on after all these weeks?

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:15 - Oct 3 with 4847 viewsGE7

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:06 - Oct 3 by Monkey

I was there and that cheering to me was more because Dozzell was coming on not because Nolan went off.

Even if it was, it was still apparent at other times when we had a shot for example. If people can’t be supportive I don’t know why they can’t just be quiet. It just makes it harder for players when they’re already lacking in confidence. As a fan, why would you choose to do things which harm your own team? It makes no sense at all, unless your agenda is to make things worse so that the manager gets sacked.
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:17 - Oct 3 with 4821 viewstextbackup

TAkes a special type of sht cnt to carry out those actions.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 4722 viewsGarv

I think it was definitely a mixture.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:06 - Oct 3 with 4659 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 13:11 - Oct 3 by JackSted

Surely it was sarcastic cheering because Dozzell was finally getting subbed on after all these weeks?

Oh I see..

That makes sense to be fair.

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:14 - Oct 3 with 4618 viewsflimflam

I sarcastically cheered the linesman after he finally gave an offside after missing two blatant ones.

Is that allowed?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:18 - Oct 3 with 4597 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it a disgrace?

People have paid good money to watch a game of football and in hope their chosen team wins.

Players are paid a lot of good money and regardless of level, be able to pass a ball 10 yards or put a shot in for the amount they are paid.

If you paid to watch a film and it buffered, but every now and again it stayed on, wouldn't you have a sarcastic weheeey feeling, until it goes down again

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:33 - Oct 3 with 4551 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

agreed, absolute disgusting.Cant generalise fans however, im in the Sir Bobby and theres absolutely no matter how bad its going under PH will I be ironically cheering or appalling, or booing in anyway shape or form, not when PH has been some gracious with the Town fans. (Unlike Mick).

Im not happy at all with the situation and get annoyed when a pass goes astray etc. But none of that nonsense under PH. He knows things aren't going to plan.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 15:05 - Oct 3 with 4493 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, it's only allowed when the manager has at least one 'm' in his initials...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 16:53 - Oct 3 with 4362 viewsSlambo

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:18 - Oct 3 by FrimleyBlue

Is it a disgrace?

People have paid good money to watch a game of football and in hope their chosen team wins.

Players are paid a lot of good money and regardless of level, be able to pass a ball 10 yards or put a shot in for the amount they are paid.

If you paid to watch a film and it buffered, but every now and again it stayed on, wouldn't you have a sarcastic weheeey feeling, until it goes down again

Your analogy is nonsense, because footballers are human beings, complex, self-aware organisms capable of shame, pride, hate, love etc - not inanimate objects...

Every person wants to do well, and be seen to do well. None of our lads are playing well for a multitude of factors - but not because they can't be a*sed...

It's never, EVER ok to jeer, boo and deride you own players.

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 16:55 - Oct 3 with 4354 viewsReuser_is_God

Is it a disgrace?

Yes, it is a disgrace.

At a game you either be positive or just shut up.

You’ve got rest of the week to moan like a b1tch on here.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:04 - Oct 3 with 4314 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is it a disgrace?

The only problem I have with this is that PH has shown the Ipswich fans nothing but respect, and regardless of results I think he deserves respect in return.

Mick Mac on the other hand, after all the jabs between fans I couldn't wait to slate him. But I think PH deserves more respect than that, he knows things are right, I think he knows his days are numbered. But he deserves to go respectfully.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:05 - Oct 3 with 4310 viewsSitfcB

Well yes, but it was still sarcastic cheering as in ‘finally you’re letting him play’.

Numbskulls.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 4302 viewsDyland

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 16:55 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, it is a disgrace.

At a game you either be positive or just shut up.

You’ve got rest of the week to moan like a b1tch on here.

Indeed.

Your ticket also doesn't mean you're entitled to ruin it for other paying fans by being an utter bellend.

I'd put booing and jeering your own players in the same bracket as yelling the C bomb continuously and boot these weirdos out of the ground.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:18 - Oct 3 with 4266 viewsbrogansnose

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 14:06 - Oct 3 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh I see..

That makes sense to be fair.

There was some ironic cheering from those on the far side of section 6 when we were passing the ball around. Nothing to do with the Dozzell substitution.
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:20 - Oct 3 with 4255 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:18 - Oct 3 by brogansnose

There was some ironic cheering from those on the far side of section 6 when we were passing the ball around. Nothing to do with the Dozzell substitution.

You know my thoughts on them tits at the end in section 6 buh...

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 4228 viewsbrogansnose

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:20 - Oct 3 by The_Romford_Blue

You know my thoughts on them tits at the end in section 6 buh...

Yep, bunch of schmucks.

Some bloke from the silence of section 5 shouted out ' sack him'.

Either way, the Hurst honeymoon is well over now
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:24 - Oct 3 with 4229 viewsJ4ck22

Is it a disgrace?

The role of the fans is to lift the players, not deflate them even more.
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:53 - Oct 3 with 4157 viewsjas0999

I also disagree with it. Yet, folk pay their money so are entitled to their opinion. Last night was very poor.
Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 18:07 - Oct 3 with 4123 viewsWarkystache

Sarcastic cheering & ironic applauds on 17:24 - Oct 3 by J4ck22

The role of the fans is to lift the players, not deflate them even more.

It's a difficult one. I was very unhappy with a lot of the players last night. They were inept at times.

It's frustrating to think we all wanted a change from the dire football under McCarthy, yet, five months on, we're even worse and with a team which is as weak as it is luckless. Hurst needs to start proving the faith in him as a decent young manager, yet he chops and changes willy-nilly, often to the detriment of performance.

I'll admit I was fed up and left on 82 minutes to get the 9.43 train home. All the usual faces from Manningtree were there with me as I walked up. This is just purgatory for a lot of folk and I'd rather see a bit of anger than the usual apathy our fanbase shows when something aint right. We're Ipswich Town, for god's sake.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024