Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where is the line for everyone then? 15:47 - Oct 3 with 4720 viewsMJallday

For me, enough is enough now . i'd have been prepared to give PH until christmas if id have seen 1 or 2 wins, but no, nothing. so im nailing my colours, i think its time to move on quickly.

it just my opinion, but after 40odd years of town support, i think im allowed one.

where does everyone else see the situation right now?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 15:48]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:19 - Oct 3 with 799 viewsmagilton

For me the line was Bolton at home. We had to win that one to start building some momentum and belief. Anything less wasn't enough - especially as they played over half the match with ten men. That performance made up my mind.
So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:25 - Oct 3 with 792 viewsIllinoisblue

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:37 - Oct 3 by bradforblues

I don't think we should wait until Xmas, I'd give him 5 more games and then decide. I feel the biggest problem is the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't suit the type of players we have, has to go back to 4-4-2.

yes, one up front is not working and won't work when we have such pedestrian work going on behind whoever it is up top alone.

Expecting so much more from Nolan. Huge disappointment.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 796 viewsBlueBadger

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:45 - Oct 3 by HarryfromBath

Maybe I'm being impatient but I'm out already. Brentford set an amber light flashing but yesterday highlighted just how many things need fixing and they are too many and varied for a manager lacking experience at this level.

Where to begin? Shambolic squad management when it comes to player recruitment, sales and loanees out of the club, unnecessarily radical changes with selections and formations, poor organization and tactics on the pitch and both questionable line-ups and substitutions. I am steering clear of the off-field rumours - this is only going on what I have witnessed on the pitch.

We now have a team bled of confidence and energy, lacking a consistent cutting edge and with an error-prone and unprotected defence. We cannot sustain a performance for a full 90 minutes and opponents know they can be patient and wait for their time to come.

This team reminds me so much of the Barnsley team who came to Portman Road and lost to us on the night Mick departed. It will get relegated unless all of the above problems can be fixed.

A good manager can create a virtuous circle which will start to turn these problems around, but I would be stunned if it was Hurst. I will be the first to apologize if proved wrong, but he has completely underestimated how difficult the challenges are of managing in the Championship.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 17:45]

For me, the parallels with the Keane era, right down to people desperately defending 'their man' regardless of how bad things actually are, are a bit many now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:35 - Oct 3 with 778 viewsWD19

The line has come and gone.

To have come in with so much goodwill and to have squandered it so quickly is a very special effort. He has done nothing at all to suggest he deserves to stay on. Nothing. He has no wins, no plan and manages to exude absolutely no warmth either.

We need to move on.
So where is the line for everyone then? on 20:58 - Oct 3 with 703 viewspennblue

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:35 - Oct 3 by WD19

The line has come and gone.

To have come in with so much goodwill and to have squandered it so quickly is a very special effort. He has done nothing at all to suggest he deserves to stay on. Nothing. He has no wins, no plan and manages to exude absolutely no warmth either.

We need to move on.

If Evans wants us to stay in the league he needs to get Bruce or warnock ASAP and give them 10 mill to spend in jan.

We are seriously in the sh$t and it is very obvious for all to see

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 21:22 - Oct 3 with 681 viewsitfcjoe

With what I'm seeing on the pitch and what I'm hearing behind the scenes I see no reason to give him any more time.

If he does get more time, then I wouldn't be worried as assume someone is seeing something that I'm not and things are turning.

We look hopeless though - since the Norwich game we have gone backwards, up to that game I was feeling confident -since then we have had a very good 45 minutes v Brentford (after a dismal first half where set up was an embarrassment) and a clinical 45 minutes v Brum.

We still can't defend set pieces, the midfield balance is all over the place, our best and most highly paid player is sitting on the bench, we don't create anything at all goalscoring wise, we can't put even an hour of a good performance together, we don't press and we hit as many long balls and look as ponderous in possession as we did under Mick - just less organised. The recruitment and sales looked a huge risk and is proving to be

I worried that Hurst was Mick Lite as thought the fans would turn quickly, I didn't expect him to be Roy Keane Lite.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024