Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where is the line for everyone then? 15:47 - Oct 3 with 4693 viewsMJallday

For me, enough is enough now . i'd have been prepared to give PH until christmas if id have seen 1 or 2 wins, but no, nothing. so im nailing my colours, i think its time to move on quickly.

it just my opinion, but after 40odd years of town support, i think im allowed one.

where does everyone else see the situation right now?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 15:48]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:53 - Oct 3 with 3873 viewsPendejo

Come & join us at Swansea and help us draw the line...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 3856 viewsMJallday

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:53 - Oct 3 by Pendejo

Come & join us at Swansea and help us draw the line...

that is tempting... lemme check with my social secretary see what im up to.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:58 - Oct 3 with 3848 viewsGuthrum

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:56 - Oct 3 by MJallday

that is tempting... lemme check with my social secretary see what im up to.

Come on down. Edwardstone and I are both going.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:58 - Oct 3 with 3845 viewsDeano69

Could he end up our first permanent manager with a 0% win rate? Even Jewell and Keane won a third or their games.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So where is the line for everyone then? (n/t) on 16:01 - Oct 3 with 3828 viewsMJallday

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:58 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:02 - Oct 3 with 3828 viewsMJallday

excellent. let me check with the boss when she's home what im doing and ill let you know

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:02 - Oct 3 with 3826 viewsPendejo

Where are you guys drinking before the game?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:02 - Oct 3 with 3825 viewsLeagueOne

End of the month really, people are saying it's a tough run, and it is, but he's also had to play Blackburn, Rotherham, Bolton and Hull ... all arguably 3 pointers for a normally average Ipswich team and he's not even managed that much. If we cannot win in 3 months he has to go.

I also don't see how by allowing him another transfer window to empty the remaining dregs of League One and Two into our team will be of any benefit to anyone bar the players themselves!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Login to get fewer ads

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:04 - Oct 3 with 3813 viewspimballwizard

At least 5 in the way end then. I am Pendys left hand man.
So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:11 - Oct 3 with 3783 viewsGuthrum

So where is the line for everyone then? on 15:58 - Oct 3 by Deano69

Could he end up our first permanent manager with a 0% win rate? Even Jewell and Keane won a third or their games.

Even Jackie Milburn won nearly a fifth of games he was in charge of.

Paul Goddard managed 0% wins, but he was only a 4-game caretaker. Likewise Chris Hutchings, who was only in charge for one.

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:15 - Oct 3 with 3768 viewsDeano69

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:11 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

Even Jackie Milburn won nearly a fifth of games he was in charge of.

Paul Goddard managed 0% wins, but he was only a 4-game caretaker. Likewise Chris Hutchings, who was only in charge for one.

and the terrible John Duncan managed more than Sir Bobby..

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:26 - Oct 3 with 3744 viewsIllinoisblue

despite the awfulness of it all, I'd give him until xmas at least.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:37 - Oct 3 with 3715 viewsbradforblues

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:26 - Oct 3 by Illinoisblue

I don't think we should wait until Xmas, I'd give him 5 more games and then decide. I feel the biggest problem is the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't suit the type of players we have, has to go back to 4-4-2.

you are my ipswich !!

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:39 - Oct 3 with 3708 viewstabletopjoe

Surely a couple of years seems reasonable

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 3648 viewsGuthrum

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:02 - Oct 3 by Pendejo

Where are you guys drinking before the game?

No idea yet. Doubtless you'll have found somewhere reasonable, will text when in the vicinity.

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:23 - Oct 3 with 3633 viewsPJH

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:39 - Oct 3 by tabletopjoe

Surely a couple of years seems reasonable

Good idea, he might have us pushing for promotion next season-pity it would be from League One.
same (n/t) on 17:24 - Oct 3 with 3627 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:45 - Oct 3 with 3597 viewsHarryfromBath

Maybe I'm being impatient but I'm out already. Brentford set an amber light flashing but yesterday highlighted just how many things need fixing and they are too many and varied for a manager lacking experience at this level.

Where to begin? Shambolic squad management when it comes to player recruitment, sales and loanees out of the club, unnecessarily radical changes with selections and formations, poor organization and tactics on the pitch and both questionable line-ups and substitutions. I am steering clear of the off-field rumours - this is only going on what I have witnessed on the pitch.

We now have a team bled of confidence and energy, lacking a consistent cutting edge and with an error-prone and unprotected defence. We cannot sustain a performance for a full 90 minutes and opponents know they can be patient and wait for their time to come.

This team reminds me so much of the Barnsley team who came to Portman Road and lost to us on the night Mick departed. It will get relegated unless all of the above problems can be fixed.

A good manager can create a virtuous circle which will start to turn these problems around, but I would be stunned if it was Hurst. I will be the first to apologize if proved wrong, but he has completely underestimated how difficult the challenges are of managing in the Championship.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 17:45]

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:50 - Oct 3 with 3569 viewsfactual_blue

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:45 - Oct 3 by HarryfromBath

Maybe I'm being impatient but I'm out already. Brentford set an amber light flashing but yesterday highlighted just how many things need fixing and they are too many and varied for a manager lacking experience at this level.

Where to begin? Shambolic squad management when it comes to player recruitment, sales and loanees out of the club, unnecessarily radical changes with selections and formations, poor organization and tactics on the pitch and both questionable line-ups and substitutions. I am steering clear of the off-field rumours - this is only going on what I have witnessed on the pitch.

We now have a team bled of confidence and energy, lacking a consistent cutting edge and with an error-prone and unprotected defence. We cannot sustain a performance for a full 90 minutes and opponents know they can be patient and wait for their time to come.

This team reminds me so much of the Barnsley team who came to Portman Road and lost to us on the night Mick departed. It will get relegated unless all of the above problems can be fixed.

A good manager can create a virtuous circle which will start to turn these problems around, but I would be stunned if it was Hurst. I will be the first to apologize if proved wrong, but he has completely underestimated how difficult the challenges are of managing in the Championship.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 17:45]

The job's yours. Can you start tomorrow?

Or are you too busy?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:07 - Oct 3 with 3538 viewsMelford

I'm trying hard to stay positive. I've been to all the home games barring the last two, but I've watched every game on the laptop and barring the odd really good 20 minute spell here and there I can't see any real progress.

There's a bit a Damned United vibe to it, he's changed too much too soon I think and the people at the club/academy who he should be leaning on for information and support seem to have had their noses put out of joint by his approach. The whole situation on the pitch and at Playford Road seems to be a right mess.

When you have respected posters on here who have genuine links with the club and are ITK are posting here that it's all kicking off behind the scenes and have no reason to BS then you have to wonder.

I can't see where a win is coming from on current form, so many things that are going wrong even with this 'settled' system that I can't see how it will all click together over 90 minutes to win a game.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:10 - Oct 3 with 3523 viewsMJallday

So where is the line for everyone then? on 16:02 - Oct 3 by MJallday

excellent. let me check with the boss when she's home what im doing and ill let you know

sorry guys, mrs mj has informed me that ive got family stuff on this weekend (sounds dreadful tbh)

give me a shout /pm for the next one and ill get it booked in.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 3513 viewstabletopjoe

So where is the line for everyone then? on 17:23 - Oct 3 by PJH

Good idea, he might have us pushing for promotion next season-pity it would be from League One.

I admire your optimism
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 18:13]

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:14 - Oct 3 with 3493 viewsBlueBadger

I'm at the 'this many games without a win isn't 'bad luck' it's 'incompetence" stage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:14 - Oct 3 with 3495 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't. If we still haven't won a match by late December (preferably at least three or four), then we are likely to be so far adrift in the table that turning the situation around and avoiding relegation might simply not be achievable within the time left.

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:16 - Oct 3 with 3478 viewsChocorange

So where is the line for everyone then? on 18:07 - Oct 3 by Melford

I'm trying hard to stay positive. I've been to all the home games barring the last two, but I've watched every game on the laptop and barring the odd really good 20 minute spell here and there I can't see any real progress.

There's a bit a Damned United vibe to it, he's changed too much too soon I think and the people at the club/academy who he should be leaning on for information and support seem to have had their noses put out of joint by his approach. The whole situation on the pitch and at Playford Road seems to be a right mess.

When you have respected posters on here who have genuine links with the club and are ITK are posting here that it's all kicking off behind the scenes and have no reason to BS then you have to wonder.

I can't see where a win is coming from on current form, so many things that are going wrong even with this 'settled' system that I can't see how it will all click together over 90 minutes to win a game.

I too have had enough.

I didn't expect much, just enough wins to keep us out of the bottom 3 and a clear joined up plan of slow improvement, but we are not seeing or getting that.

I have posted elsewhere in my own thread last night of the reasons and frustrations in a little more detail..

I have seen most of pre season and every game except Exeter and Brum, and we are not getting any better , I cannot see where the first win ( let alone any after that) is coming from.

I have no faith that we will do any better against Preston , Millwall QPR and Reading( in those matches that can already be termed 6 pointers) .... than we have against Hull, Rotherham and Brum so far.

Winners win, poor managers lose , 1 or 2 games without a win might be a fluke, but we are well past that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024