Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst thoughts 20:05 - Oct 3 with 2871 viewsblackheath_blue

I rarely come on here, very rarely go these days and I think I can guess the mood is pretty down on Hurst - but what % of people want him out now (as is the modern way when a short period of poor form happens) and what % are keen to give him a really good crack - even if it risks, say, our relegation (apologies if there's a poll somewhere that I've missed).

I'd always assumed we were a club that gave our managers a proper try (e.g. since Robson, Jewell and Keane had the shortest tenure but got 80+ games) and given that we've managed to seemingly bring in countless new players, I'd always assumed it would take a while for them to all gel: but is it just felt he's taken a step too far for his managerial ability (and his ability to judge players for this level)?

Realise you've all done this to death so apologies for likely going over old ground.
Hurst thoughts on 20:08 - Oct 3 with 2839 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Not sure if this answers your question but it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he went, seen nothing to suggest he has the tactical or recruitment nous to operate at this level. We don’t have pots of money so to spunk 5/6m on a load of rubbish irks me somewhat.
Hurst thoughts on 20:18 - Oct 3 with 2800 viewsbadadski

My main and only real gripe with Hurst which is guess could also be deemed as a great character trait is his persistence on trying to build the team around Nolan and sticking with Nolan for so much time when he isn't working in the position asked of him. I was so excited against West ham with our kids playing but as soon as Nolan was signed last minute it seems to have broken all of the momentum and philosophy of building and trying around the kids.

I was excited to see him from the hype but after seeing he isn't quite as able in this league as the lower league and felt his persistence in playing him has been admirable but fatally flawed as a number 10.
Hurst thoughts on 21:03 - Oct 3 with 2688 viewsblackheath_blue

Hurst thoughts on 20:18 - Oct 3 by badadski

My main and only real gripe with Hurst which is guess could also be deemed as a great character trait is his persistence on trying to build the team around Nolan and sticking with Nolan for so much time when he isn't working in the position asked of him. I was so excited against West ham with our kids playing but as soon as Nolan was signed last minute it seems to have broken all of the momentum and philosophy of building and trying around the kids.

I was excited to see him from the hype but after seeing he isn't quite as able in this league as the lower league and felt his persistence in playing him has been admirable but fatally flawed as a number 10.

How many of Hurst's signings can be deemed to have added to the club over and above Mick's squad (or would have got into a Mick first XI)? I'm guessing there's frustration here that he's overlooked our youngsters?
Hurst thoughts on 21:14 - Oct 3 with 2648 viewsitfcjoe

I'm a bit non-plussed by his position - if he stays fine, but I really need to see some improvement fast, but if he goes I couldn't blame Evans and wouldn't be at all worried about reputation as sacking club etc as what I've seen on the pitch, and in the recruitment looks miles off what it needs to be.

And if he is sacked, whilst results justify it, it would clearly show that some of the whispers off field are not exaggerated as that will be the main reason.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hurst thoughts on 21:38 - Oct 3 with 2579 viewsBluearmy71

Not one player seems to know what Hurst wants them to do or when, I have seen a lot of football at PR since I started going and honestly this is the most disjointed team I have seen and it worries me deeply, I'm all for giving players time to gel but when there is more often than not a number of changes in the team week in week out how can anyone expect them to gel!

PH's decision yesterday to bring Jackson off ( PH thought he looked tired) and bring Freddy on to replace him as the one up front was insane, we were 0-2 down and for my mind should have gone 2 up front to at least try and get us back in the game, mayebe its not the team gelling thats the issue and more the tactic he swears by, for my mind he has to change his approach to his formation to improve us!

Jackson if had a partner with him would be a much bigger threat, time and time again over the course of the season its been proven if a fellow striker was up there with him he'd have the pass on to them in stead of being forced out wide by 2 defenders!
Hurst thoughts on 21:38 - Oct 3 with 2584 viewsGuthrum

It's all very well and laudable to speak of giving managers time. But if things have gone really wrong, is it not better to deal with it now, rather than risk the future of the club on little more than hopeful optimism?

Arguably, persisting with Keane through and beyond the winless run at the start of 2009-10 did enormous damage to the club, which took years to rectify, possibly meaning we lost out on a chance to progress before the modern financial situation really took hold.

I'd be happy to give Hurst the time if it looked like we were moving forward, if we could manage more than a few minutes of effective play at a time, if we were organised, with growing cohesion. But there is none of that. Every time the team takes a step forwards, it's followed by a step back. We can't string together two decent halves of football, let alone a run of games.

With the best will in the world (and I'd love to see him succeed) I cannot see how Hurst is going to get us out of this, barring miracles.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst thoughts on 21:57 - Oct 3 with 2504 viewsblackheath_blue

Hurst thoughts on 21:38 - Oct 3 by Guthrum

It's all very well and laudable to speak of giving managers time. But if things have gone really wrong, is it not better to deal with it now, rather than risk the future of the club on little more than hopeful optimism?

Arguably, persisting with Keane through and beyond the winless run at the start of 2009-10 did enormous damage to the club, which took years to rectify, possibly meaning we lost out on a chance to progress before the modern financial situation really took hold.

I'd be happy to give Hurst the time if it looked like we were moving forward, if we could manage more than a few minutes of effective play at a time, if we were organised, with growing cohesion. But there is none of that. Every time the team takes a step forwards, it's followed by a step back. We can't string together two decent halves of football, let alone a run of games.

With the best will in the world (and I'd love to see him succeed) I cannot see how Hurst is going to get us out of this, barring miracles.

Thanks - as someone who hasn't watched loads and watched our meek performance last night I can see where you're coming from in terms of lack of cohesion.
Hurst thoughts on 22:14 - Oct 3 with 2441 viewsGuthrum

Hurst thoughts on 21:57 - Oct 3 by blackheath_blue

Thanks - as someone who hasn't watched loads and watched our meek performance last night I can see where you're coming from in terms of lack of cohesion.

We can sometimes put together odd periods of decent play, second half against Brentford being an example. But that is consistently not carried forward into the following half or game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst thoughts on 22:47 - Oct 3 with 2344 viewsTractorCraigo

I really wanted Hurst to do well. All I am hearing within the club is that he is completely out of his depth. In my opinion too many changes have been made, and our promising youngsters are not being given a chance. We let go all our goals threats in the team and replaced them with lower league players who do not cut it. Whatever Evans decides we should get behind our team, and let's hope we can escape a relegation battle. I have a feeling we will make a change if we lose our next two 😕
Hurst thoughts on 23:11 - Oct 3 with 2265 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nothing to suggest he can tactically handle the step up. Nothing to suggest he can make any implements to the current players in terms of developing them. If not gone backwards since first 2/3 games.

Worst of all that transfer activity is absolutely criminal, it’s cost him his job and cost ITFC their championship status.

Has to go now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Hurst thoughts on 11:03 - Oct 4 with 2035 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Hurst thoughts on 21:14 - Oct 3 by itfcjoe

I'm a bit non-plussed by his position - if he stays fine, but I really need to see some improvement fast, but if he goes I couldn't blame Evans and wouldn't be at all worried about reputation as sacking club etc as what I've seen on the pitch, and in the recruitment looks miles off what it needs to be.

And if he is sacked, whilst results justify it, it would clearly show that some of the whispers off field are not exaggerated as that will be the main reason.

I'm with you here. If he stays? Fine. If he goes? Fine.

I don't really feel a connection to him and since the international break the honeymoon period has ended for me. I'd like to see him turn it around as he must have something about him, but there's been no evidence of that and I just want to stay in this division at this point.
Hurst thoughts on 11:08 - Oct 4 with 2013 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Hurst thoughts on 21:38 - Oct 3 by Bluearmy71

Not one player seems to know what Hurst wants them to do or when, I have seen a lot of football at PR since I started going and honestly this is the most disjointed team I have seen and it worries me deeply, I'm all for giving players time to gel but when there is more often than not a number of changes in the team week in week out how can anyone expect them to gel!

PH's decision yesterday to bring Jackson off ( PH thought he looked tired) and bring Freddy on to replace him as the one up front was insane, we were 0-2 down and for my mind should have gone 2 up front to at least try and get us back in the game, mayebe its not the team gelling thats the issue and more the tactic he swears by, for my mind he has to change his approach to his formation to improve us!

Jackson if had a partner with him would be a much bigger threat, time and time again over the course of the season its been proven if a fellow striker was up there with him he'd have the pass on to them in stead of being forced out wide by 2 defenders!

My thoughts precisely
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024