Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? 03:34 - Oct 4 with 686 viewsharlingblue

I was having a look at our squad, trying to pick a team/formation out of what we have.
We really miss an out and out target man and this team is picked from what we have at the moment.
Gerks/Bart
Pennington, Chambers, Knudsen as a back three.
Donacien, Skues/Downes, Edun/Kenlock injured.
Dozzell, creating, Chalobah box to box, helping the defence or joining attack,
Jackson, Edwards to create havoc up front.
Subs Nsiala, Sears, Ward, Nolan, Skues/Downes. Gerk/Bart, Rowe.
I personally would not have Graham or Spence anywhere near the squad, we have far better out on loan or in the U23 team. Just a summary of what I have watched from the 1st team and U23 team this year.
Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? on 07:46 - Oct 4 with 604 viewsWestover

Agree I think that's the best team we could put out, Chambers not having to play so much on the left with Jonas playing there it looks best with what we have available,if only we still had Murphy as a target man.

Also think you are right about Spence and Graham and very disappointed with Nolan so far he needs to improve a lot.
Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? on 08:09 - Oct 4 with 577 viewsMetal_Hacker

We'd be ripped apart sorry

Pennington whilst ok sticking the boot in has no turn of speed ,Chambers has been woeful of late (see Boro game) and Knudsen (also see Boro game)

No thanks

Poll: If it were one or the other

Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? on 09:34 - Oct 4 with 543 viewsSamWhiteUK

Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? on 08:09 - Oct 4 by Metal_Hacker

We'd be ripped apart sorry

Pennington whilst ok sticking the boot in has no turn of speed ,Chambers has been woeful of late (see Boro game) and Knudsen (also see Boro game)

No thanks

Oh come off it. Chambers made a mistake that led to a goal. He was NOT awful all game. And Knudsen did alright as well. There were worse out there, don't be so ridiculous
Difficult to pick a Town team without a real target man? on 10:01 - Oct 4 with 522 viewsgosblue

Sounds reasonable but atm while Pennington and Kenlock aren’t available it would have to be Spence and Donacian in the wide positions. Chambers is definitely not a LCB. He was targeted at Brum on Saturday. They just stood him up, got him square on then went passed him as if he wasnt there. Neither Nsiala or Knudson were quick enough or clever enough to help him out.
A random thought regarding up front, I would give Chalobah a try. He’s 6’ 3, can head a ball as well as put a foot on it. With Jackson or Freddie playing off him it might just work. Daft idea I know but we are desperate. Remember Richard Naylor?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024